Asian giant for HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]I live inside the City of Chicago.

My minivan is buried. There's a good 4 foot drift packed against it streetside.

The sidewalk has a good 24 inches or so piled and even the gamgway to the trash in the back has drifts of 2-3 feet.

It's still snowing.

The Lakeshore Drive has hundreds of stranded cars/vehicles from last night still stuck on it.

My job called me and told me to stay home.

Me back is hurting from the shoveling I've done so far and I got hundreds of pounds more waiting...

COME ON SPRING-TIME !!! We NEED ya' !!!!
    [/quote]

Yeah it looks like you guys got the meat of the storm.

Meanwhile I just spent a buttload on winter tires because this season has been so bad that I gave up trying to stick with my all-seasons.

I must say my Bridgestone Blizzaks are absolute GLUE on the roads...knock on wood...

It is amazing the traction these tires have...they literally change your cars ability to be useful on the road.....

My stock tires were complete hazards....in fact, I would say most cars with stock tires are hazards as they are the cheapest tires that come with a car....

Hope your back is feeling better, I say enjoy it!! It doesn't happen very often, don't wish it away so quickly....

Comment

I wish I would have took a picture of the "Before and After" of the family car.

LOL

Got her done though.

Yeah, this has been a brutal Winter all over. This particular blizzard ranked 5th all-time for Chicago and the schools are still closed today, even my college. (Still doing work though plus Packet Tracer's kind of fun [])

Anyway I'll head out to help get a few neighbors out of the snow, mostly the elderly.

Stay warm everyone !!!

As to tires, I stick with Mud and Snow all year round. Michelin's are my favorite brand !!!

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]I wish I would have took a picture of the "Before and After" of the family car.

LOL

Got her done though.

Yeah, this has been a brutal Winter all over. This particular blizzard ranked 5th all-time for Chicago and the schools are still closed today, even my college. (Still doing work though plus Packet Tracer's kind of fun [])

Anyway I'll head out to help get a few neighbors out of the snow, mostly the elderly.

Stay warm everyone !!!

As to tires, I stick with Mud and Snow all year round. Michelin's are my favorite brand !!!
        [/quote]</P>

Wow you guys got hammered with that storm but what were people out driving for if they knew it was coming? looks like hundreds of cars are snowbound on Lake Shore Drive</P>

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1T4...a=N&amp;tab=in</P>

Comment

Anybody see that thread on Dan Synder .....Knew he was abad owner...but what alowlife that guy is! Have to feel bad for the Redskinfaithful fans No way out for them till he's gone

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

Wow you guys got hammered with that storm
            but what were people out driving for if they knew it was coming? looks
            like hundreds of cars are snowbound on Lake Shore Drive</p>

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1T4...a=N&amp;tab=in</p>[/quote]

yeah. some people thought they could risk it for the "quick shot" to home i guess...

[quote user="SEC105"]Anybody see that thread on Dan Synder .....Knew he was abad owner...but what alowlife that guy is! Have to feel bad for the Redskinfaithful fans No way out for them till he's gone[/quote]

...yeah, i sounded off over there on that.

The guy is an incredible doo-doo bag.

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]I wish I would have took a picture of the "Before and After" of the family car.

LOL

Got her done though.

Stay warm everyone !!!

[/quote]

It has been rough on most of the people in my building as everyone is over 65. Been doing a lot of food shopping for them lately.

Comment

Speaking of snow.... how in the world???

http://www.eagletribune.com/latestne...obal-attention

Comment

Today I learned that my grandma lost her battle with cancer...she is survived by my step-grandfather.

My mom is really taking it bad though...I am not so hot either.

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Today I learned that my grandma lost her battle with cancer...she is survived by my step-grandfather.

[/quote]

I have no words. I'm Sorry.

Comment

so very sorry, GY'76. Make sure you give your Mom plenty of hugs and love... a big loss for her to take

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]Today I learned that my grandma lost her battle with cancer...she is survived by my step-grandfather.

[/quote]sorry to hear that GY

Comment

Thank you all for your words.

The "children" are making the decisions with respect to the viewing and burial.

I mean we know death is a part of the life cycle, but it still hurts to lose someone...

Thanks for the thoughts my friends.

Comment

[/quote]Sorry to hear that my friend. I hope she did not suffer terribly.

MJG

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"][quote user="giantyankee1976"]Today I learned that my grandma lost her battle with cancer...she is survived by my step-grandfather.

[/quote]Sorry to hear that my friend. I hope she did not suffer terribly.

MJG[/quote]

well at least her suffering through all that pain is done now.

It sucked seeing her there, semi-passed out with pain, hardly eating at times and other times wincing with internal pain.

Thanks for your words too.

Comment

Here's something for anyone who may need a bit of a pick me up today....

http://loot-ninja.com/2007/08/23/a-l...than-albright/

Comment

Working...
                                X