Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"]Sec, you played Bethpage? what was your score?
    [/quote]</p>

Never played it Bandy.....there's more courses than just the Black though. Zim use to work there though years back. I've walked some of it......I'd need a calculator to compute my score []</p>[/quote]you got a fav course..
    here's mine
    http://dragonsfiregolf.com/course-tour.html

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</P>

Never played it Bandy.....there's more courses than just the Black though. Zim use to work there though years back. I've walked some of it......I'd need a calculator to compute my score []</P>

[/quote]you got a fav course..
      here's mine
      [/quote]</P>

I have not played enough to have a favorite but that course looks great......gonna get on my game this spring .....maybe</P>

Should I go for a calzoneeee for dinnner? Nothing like a football filled with cheeseand ham lol....to heck with the healthy eating tonight </P>

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</p>

Never played it Bandy.....there's more courses than just the Black though. Zim use to work there though years back. I've walked some of it......I'd need a calculator to compute my score []</p>

[/quote]you got a fav course..
        here's mine
        [/quote]</p>

I have not played enough to have a favorite but that course looks great......gonna get on my game this spring .....maybe</p>

Should I go for a calzoneeee for dinnner? Nothing like a football filled with cheeseand ham lol....to heck with the healthy eating tonight </p>[/quote]can't go wrong with that..
        you sir have inspired me.. i'm calzoning tonight aswell..

Comment

if i ever make it down to a game one weekend.. leave a Saturday open for a round of golf.
          I'm not playing you for money though.

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"]if i ever make it down to a game one weekend.. leave a Saturday open for a round of golf.

[/quote]</P>

Certainly.....I'd be looking forward to it...still trying to get to Buffalo...might happen</P>

Oh....and I told my wife I might go for Sushi and hot and sour soup [healthy]......but the calzone just got the better of me lol.....just ordered it and off to get it</P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"]if i ever make it down to a game one weekend.. leave a Saturday open for a round of golf.

[/quote]</p>

Certainly.....I'd be looking forward to it...still trying to get to Buffalo...might happen</p>

Oh....and I told my wife I might go for Sushi and hot and sour soup [healthy]......but the calzone just got the better of me lol.....just ordered it and off to get it</p>

</p>[/quote]that looks sooo good...you need help eating that.. i can make it there in like 8 hours lol

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</P>

Never played it Bandy.....there's more courses than just the Black though. Zim use to work there though years back. I've walked some of it......I'd need a calculator to compute my score []</P>

[/quote]</P>

No, didn't work there. I caddied at Glen head CC from 1958 to 1968. I played bethpage Black about 25 times from '62 to '68. Best score was a 91. It was in brutal shape back then... much harder to play than today.</P>

Comment

Be safe, mjg.</P>

Be strong, GY</P>

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="giantyankee1976"][quote user="mjg407"]come.....[/quote]man.
                    [/quote]</p>

GY........Once again....thoughts and prayers to you and your family in this difficult time</p>

mjg.....Stay safe and much respect to you [Y]</p>

SEC105</p>[/quote]Give em hell MJG, stay safe
                    [/quote]
                    thanks all I will try and stay in touch

Comment

Damn iPad double post.

Comment

PM David Camerons speech on Multiculturism.. i think he's a brilliant speaker, its probably the British accent lol

he nails it around the 340 mark..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xrvH...layer_embedded

Comment

OK, way off topic, well maybe the topic here seems constantly in flux. This is not meant to be an insult in anyway before someone gets their back up.

I have found in my short time here that the moderation on these boards seems fairly arbitrary. I know the mods have the thankless job for no compensation of making this place a welcome environment, but I have been made aware of some questionable bannings. Take me from a long while back, I was banned temporarily for using profanity. Which it is understandable since it is against rules, but there is a filter here that "***" out words that are inappropriate. **** Butkis for example is at risk to be beeped. So I was banned because it didn't function properly. Wouldn't a situation like that make more sense to edit the post and remind the user in the private messages that are available that the filter does not always work? Seems it was a banning for doing something that many others do but the software malfuntions, doesn't seem equitable unless you ban everyone that gets the "***" too. I have learned of banning for people making pointless threads in the attempt to make a joke. Well there are pointless threads everywhere, since the same topics get recycled and posted anew every 48 hours. At least ones with a bit of humor, even if they miss the mark, would lighten things up a bit and create some fun. They certainly are no more pointless than the 1,729th fire Gilbride thread this week. Also, I have learned of bannings because of a disagreement between a mod and a user. Shouldn't tthe mod have the same level of engagement protection as any user? So are we now making all disagreements a bannable offense? Would make for some boring discussions.

Again, maybe it is me misreading it all, but it seems a bit arbitrary to me.

Comment

[quote user="jmike"]OK, way off topic, well maybe the topic here seems constantly in flux. This is not meant to be an insult in anyway before someone gets their back up.

I have found in my short time here that the moderation on these boards seems fairly arbitrary. I know the mods have the thankless job for no compensation of making this place a welcome environment, but I have been made aware of some questionable bannings. Take me from a long while back, I was banned temporarily for using profanity. Which it is understandable since it is against rules, but there is a filter here that "***" out words that are inappropriate. **** Butkis for example is at risk to be beeped. So I was banned because it didn't function properly. Wouldn't a situation like that make more sense to edit the post and remind the user in the private messages that are available that the filter does not always work? Seems it was a banning for doing something that many others do but the software malfuntions, doesn't seem equitable unless you ban everyone that gets the "***" too. I have learned of banning for people making pointless threads in the attempt to make a joke. Well there are pointless threads everywhere, since the same topics get recycled and posted anew every 48 hours. At least ones with a bit of humor, even if they miss the mark, would lighten things up a bit and create some fun. They certainly are no more pointless than the 1,729th fire Gilbride thread this week. Also, I have learned of bannings because of a disagreement between a mod and a user. Shouldn't tthe mod have the same level of engagement protection as any user? So are we now making all disagreements a bannable offense? Would make for some boring discussions.

[/quote]</P>

probably as good a place as any to vent a little, jmike, since we do have AG here to give his take on it.</P>

I've been here a while. As you know, I don't get too involved in a lot of other threads because of some of the BS that goes on, but I think this place is far saner than in my earlier years. I think we have a bunch of nice, level headed Mods. I think they do a good job staying away from personal issues with other posters where their position gives them the ultimate advantage, if they want to use it.</P>

I woulda been ticked, too, getting banned like you did for the profanity issue. Seems to me someone should have collaborated with you to get your side on it. But, spit happens, and there's no way to make it up to you. Hugs!</P>

Sometimes a person gets banned,but we don't know the whole history of that person, and perhaps their relationship with some Mods. They could have been on the hairy edge od banishment in the past,narrowly escaped it.. andnow they're on thin ice... so, something simple might push a Mod to ban them... more for an accumulation of past venial sins, than for 1 biggy mortal sin. It seems trite to us, but perhaps it's not.</P>

I don't know how there can be Mods dishing out bannings without some natural'human' judgement involved... you just hope they're consistently as fair as possible.</P>

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

[quote user="jmike"]OK, way off topic, well maybe the topic here seems constantly in flux. This is not meant to be an insult in anyway before someone gets their back up.

[/quote]</p>

probably as good a place as any to vent a little, jmike, since we do have AG here to give his take on it.</p>

I've been here a while. As you know, I don't get too involved in a lot of other threads because of some of the BS that goes on, but I think this place is far saner than in my earlier years. I think we have a bunch of nice, level headed Mods. I think they do a good job staying away from personal issues with other posters where their position gives them the ultimate advantage, if they want to use it.</p>

I woulda been ticked, too, getting banned like you did for the profanity issue. Seems to me someone should have collaborated with you to get your side on it. But, spit happens, and there's no way to make it up to you. Hugs!</p>

Sometimes a person gets banned,but we don't know the whole history of that person, and perhaps their relationship with some Mods. They could have been on the hairy edge od banishment in the past,narrowly escaped it.. andnow they're on thin ice... so, something simple might push a Mod to ban them... more for an accumulation of past venial sins, than for 1 biggy mortal sin. It seems trite to us, but perhaps it's not.</p>

I don't know how there can be Mods dishing out bannings without some natural'human' judgement involved... you just hope they're consistently as fair as possible.</p>[/quote]

No need to make it up to me, really didn't impact me much. Now I just don't rely on the filter at all. My point was is banning always the best way to handle every issue and is it applied consistently? Again, my observations are just mine, so it is possible I am nut understanding it all.

Comment

[/quote]i was banned twice, still unaware of why.. i know what your thinking and your right i don't know why would they ban the nicest poster on here either lol.</P>

i just assumed it was AntiCanuckism.. damn you ModM []</P>

Comment

Working...
                                X