Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

double post

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

I realized I watched too much TV too, but I was a kid, so I had the time!

I remember I had the entire week lined up with what shows to watch....back then NBC ruled. They were unmatched by anyone else. ABC came close 2nd I think.....

Today I barely have time to breath if I want to be any good at what I do for a living since technology moves so fast....

Something about the older shows seemed original. Today, it just seems so cookie cutter with bland and no name actors.

For example, growing up, I admit, I watched 90210 and Saved by the Bell. These shows were very original and had a cult following.
      The newer 90210 series I'm not sure how well it's doing. And any of the newer Saved by the Bell classes, did nothing for the show. All we remember are the originals.

Knight Rider was the same, they've had many Knight Rider remakes, yet, we only know and remember of David Hasselhoff....

Again, there's something about the older TV series/sitcom that made them unique and memorable...

I don't think it's just me thinking this....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]I realized I watched too much TV too, but I was a kid, so I had the time!

I remember I had the entire week lined up with what shows to watch....back then NBC ruled. They were unmatched by anyone else. ABC came close 2nd I think.....

Today I barely have time to breath if I want to be any good at what I do for a living since technology moves so fast....

Something about the older shows seemed original. Today, it just seems so cookie cutter with bland and no name actors.

For example, growing up, I admit, I watched 90210 and Saved by the Bell. These shows were very original and had a cult following.
        The newer 90210 series I'm not sure how well it's doing. And any of the newer Saved by the Bell classes, did nothing for the show. All we remember are the originals.

Knight Rider was the same, they've had many Knight Rider remakes, yet, we only know and remember of David Hasselhoff....

Again, there's something about the older TV series/sitcom that made them unique and memorable...

I don't think it's just me thinking this....

[/quote]</P>

I agree with you, AG... only, I'm talking about the shows I grew up with, in the mid 50's to late 60's. </P>

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"]

I agree with you, AG... only, I'm talking about the shows I grew up with, in the mid 50's to late 60's. </p>[/quote]

I'm not sure which shows those were you watched, and I'm sure as a kid, I was watching the reruns, but if I can try to go far back into those times, these are the shows that I used to watch.

The Dukes of H***ard, My Favorite Martian, The Brady Bunch, Bewitched, The Monkees, Fantasy Island, Laugh In, The Twilight Zone, Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith Show

As you can see, I'm stretching here..... I think my best bet is probably to list only the black and white TV series...

As someone who grew up in the 50's, you must be absolutely amazed at what and how the world is today compared to yesteryears no?

And you know, the sad thing is, the 50's and earlier were obviously in color(in real life), but because footages were in black and white, you subconsciously think of those years as black and white....

Comment

loved knightrider, six million dollar man, the fall guy.. wonderwoman yummy!
            and scooby do of course

Comment

society took a turn for the worse when the Cosby Show went off air

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

I agree with you, AG... only, I'm talking about the shows I grew up with, in the mid 50's to late 60's. </P>

[/quote]

I'm not sure which shows those were you watched, and I'm sure as a kid, I was watching the reruns, but if I can try to go far back into those times, these are the shows that I used to watch.

The Dukes of H***ard, My Favorite Martian, The Brady Bunch, Bewitched, The Monkees, Fantasy Island, Laugh In, The Twilight Zone, Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith Show

As you can see, I'm stretching here..... I think my best bet is probably to list only the black and white TV series...

As someone who grew up in the 50's, you must be absolutely amazed at what and how the world is today compared to yesteryears no?

And you know, the sad thing is, the 50's and earlier were obviously in color(in real life), but because footages were in black and white, you subconsciously think of those years as black and white....

[/quote]</P>

Subconsciously? You mean humans could see in color before it was introduced on TV?</P>

Disney's Wonderful World of Color probably got more people to make that leap from B&amp;W than anything else. The opening alone, with Tinkerbell, begged to be seen in color. Davy Crockett. There was Father Knows Best, Officer Joe Bolton (afternoons on WPIX), 77 Sunset Strip with Kookie, Sugarfoot, Cheyenne, Bronco Lane, Maverick, Wagon Train, The Mod Squad ('68), Beulah, Hazel, Ozzie and Harriet, Lucille Ball, Milton Berle, Ed Sullivan, Million Dollar Movie, Zacharly, The Invaders, Bonanza, I Spy. Cimarron, Leave it to Beaver, Johnny Carson at night. Of course ABC's Wide World of Sports was great on late Saturday afternoons... Saw such World Wide attractions as barrel Jumping on Ice and Curling... always great...lol. But, they showed the Grey Cup every year, so we got to see the more wide open Canadian Football.</P>

So much more, but my memory fails me now... perhaps YA or another old timer will help me out here.</P>

Not that you are sooo Old, YA...lol. You're younger than me... Whipper Snapper.</P>

CBS was #1 and NBC #2, with ABC pulling up the rear. But, the late 60's/early 70'ssaw the rise of ABC. There was no FOX yet.</P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

I agree with you, AG... only, I'm talking about the shows I grew up with, in the mid 50's to late 60's.* </P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Subconsciously?* You mean humans could see in color before it was introduced on TV?</P>

Disney's Wonderful World of Color probably got more people to make that leap from B&W than anything else. The opening alone, with Tinkerbell,* begged to be seen in color. Davy Crockett.* There was Father Knows Best, Officer Joe Bolton (afternoons on WPIX), 77 Sunset Strip with Kookie, Sugarfoot, Cheyenne, Bronco Lane, Maverick, Wagon Train, The Mod Squad ('68), Beulah, Hazel, Ozzie and Harriet, Lucille Ball, Milton Berle, Ed Sullivan, Million Dollar Movie, Zacharly, The Invaders, Bonanza, I Spy. Cimarron, Leave it to Beaver, Johnny Carson at night.* Of course ABC's Wide World of Sports was great on late Saturday afternoons... Saw such World Wide attractions as barrel Jumping on Ice and Curling... always great...lol.* But, they showed the Grey Cup every year, so we got to see the more wide open Canadian Football.</P>

So much more, but my memory fails me now... perhaps YA or another old timer will help me out here.</P>

Not that you are sooo Old, YA...lol. You're younger than me... Whipper Snapper.</P>

CBS was #1 and NBC #2, with ABC pulling up the rear. But, the late 60's/early 70's*saw the rise of ABC. There was no FOX yet.</P>

*</P>[/quote]

I loved Gunsmoke, Wagon train, Man from uncle, Dragnet, the Twilight Zone, the Munsters, Car 54, Batman,

of course American Bandstand, and Ed Sullivan.........those 2 shows changed my life more than any others....

loved the Honeymooners eventhough I mostly watched reruns..the Jackie Gleason show.......the Odd Couple I still love....
                  and my all time favorite show as a young man ....this week in pro football.....
                  Laugh in was great also

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"]society took a turn for the worse when the Cosby Show went off air

[/quote]it may have took a wrong turn but than it definitely drove off a cliff with the invention of realty tv

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="bansaw"]society took a turn for the worse when the Cosby Show went off air

[/quote]it may have took a wrong turn but than it definitely drove off a cliff with the invention of realty tv
                      [/quote]

Ironically...

[link]http://www.theroot.com/views/root-interview-bill-cosby-talks-about-muslim-cosby-show?gt1=38002[/link]

Comment

Anybody else think that Bahrain, Libya, Yemen, Egypt, Morocco related? Saudi next? Hate to sound like a right wing nut job. Could this be the foreshadowing of 2012? Scary stuff my friends.

Comment

...domino effect. Instability. It's what's for dinner...

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]...domino effect. Instability. It's what's for dinner...
                            [/quote]
                            nail on the head buddy, nail on the head

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]...domino effect. Instability. It's what's for dinner...
                              [/quote]

I can cook you a better dinner than that.

Comment

[quote user="mjg407"]Anybody else think that Bahrain, Libya, Yemen, Egypt, Morocco related? Saudi next? Hate to sound like a right wing nut job. Could this be the foreshadowing of 2012? Scary stuff my friends.
                                [/quote]scary

Comment

Working...
                                X