Asian giant for HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="bandwgn86"]this has been happening for a while now.. every couple of years a coversation rears its ugly head..

selling water as a bulk resource. as one of the biggest Countries with renewable fresh water Canada's been under a lot of pressure to sell its "blue oil" (or share it) globally..

i sit on the fence regarding this one.. for one its water and needed to live, but on the flip side its been projected that Quebec selling only 10% of this renewable gold can sell for about 65 billion a year selling it to you fine folks..10% !!!!!

i will say on record that this being Canada and having a horrible record of screwing by not taking full advantage of their resources will screw this up somehow. much like our Oil.. sell it low than buy it back at an inflated price lol

[/quote]

Wow, I had no idea. If I were you guys, I would leave it alone, not touch a thing. $65 billion may seem a lot, and yes it is. But you will be opening up pandora's box if you do...

I can foresee many side effects of what $65 billion should have brought to your nation but instead makes things worse...so keep the lid sealed...

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="bandwgn86"]this has been happening for a while now..* every couple of years a coversation rears its ugly head..

selling water as a bulk resource. as one of the biggest Countries with renewable fresh water Canada's been under a lot of pressure to sell its "blue oil" (or share it) globally..

i sit on the fence regarding this one.. for one its water and needed to live, but on the flip side its been projected that Quebec selling only 10% of this renewable gold can sell for about 65 billion a year selling it to you fine folks..10% !!!!!

i will say on record that this being Canada and having a horrible record of screwing by not taking full advantage of their resources will screw this up somehow. much like our Oil.. sell it low than buy it back at an inflated price lol

[/quote]

Wow, I had no idea. If I were you guys, I would leave it alone, not touch a thing. $65 billion may seem a lot, and yes it is. But you will be opening up pandora's box if you do...

I can foresee many side effects of what $65 billion should have brought to your nation but instead makes things worse...so keep the lid sealed...

[/quote]i know what your saying, once it starts we won't be able to turn the taps off, and our gov is getting leaned on pretty hard by your gov to open the pipes..

if we don't... how is that to viewed by the globe.. especially since its a need to live.

Comment

honestly, is hollywood out of ideas? remaking "Arthur"?? some movies should never be remade, especially that classic
        no way Russell Brand can deliver like Dudley Moore... whats next remaking Ghostbusters??

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

There's no perhaps about it, AG. I'm sure the Allies believe that they are going to control any transitional Gov't... but, that's not the agenda of the rebels... they want a more extreme muslim control.</p>[/quote]

It's amazing how fast news comes and goes. Obviously you can't talk about the same thing over and over...but we go through news as if it's fast food....

An earthquake has a shelf life of say a month....then onto something else....conflicts.....turmoil......but of course we keep people like Lohan in the spotlight endlessly.....

A more extreme muslim control doesn't sound like something the Allies would want....makes me really think now how long drawn out this one is going to be........
          [/quote]

Who is Lohan?
          [/quote]

Lindsay Lohan.......otherwise known as just Lindsay now because she's dropping her last name...

[/quote]

Oh forgot about her.....isn't she dead?

Comment

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="zimonami"]

There's no perhaps about it, AG. I'm sure the Allies believe that they are going to control any transitional Gov't... but, that's not the agenda of the rebels... they want a more extreme muslim control.</p>[/quote]

It's amazing how fast news comes and goes. Obviously you can't talk about the same thing over and over...but we go through news as if it's fast food....

An earthquake has a shelf life of say a month....then onto something else....conflicts.....turmoil......but of course we keep people like Lohan in the spotlight endlessly.....

A more extreme muslim control doesn't sound like something the Allies would want....makes me really think now how long drawn out this one is going to be........
            [/quote]

Who is Lohan?
            [/quote]

Lindsay Lohan.......otherwise known as just Lindsay now because she's dropping her last name...

[/quote]

[/quote]that's cold

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"]i know what your saying, once it starts we
              won't be able to turn the taps off, and our gov is getting leaned on
              pretty hard by your gov to open the pipes.. if we don't... how is that
              to viewed by the globe.. especially since its a need to live.[/quote]

I wouldn't worry so much about what the US gov't thinks. You guys are one of our best allies and right now the US needs allies, so IMO, you gov't has leverage. And your dollar is strengthening what once used to always be weaker against the dollar.

Keep the lid shut, or use it for your own country....I'd prefer to keep it shut because once opened, you will get some politicians who will find a way to smuggle that water out of your country.

[quote user="bandwgn86"]honestly, is hollywood out of ideas? remaking "Arthur"?? some movies should never be remade, especially that classic
              no way Russell Brand can deliver like Dudley Moore... whats next remaking Ghostbusters??[/quote]

At this point, there are no movies off limits anymore. I was actually have a discussion recently about this. If Hollywood can make money, then they will remake it.
              They've been trying to do Ghostbusters 3 but they've been having a hardtime finding the right storyline and the original cast is getting older.

And let's face it, not a single group of audience will ever see those characters believable played by different actors. Peter Venkman is Bill Murray forever....

One movie that I think Hollywood would probably have the toughest time remaking would be the Back to the Future trilogy. I just don't think it is possible to replace those actors....they are CLASSIC.

Terminator is probably another one. Without Arnold, it's not Terminator.....

Well, now that I'm on a role, I don't think you can ever remake Die Hard or Lethal Weapon movies either....

Comment

[quote user="jmike"]

[/quote]

Not yet....

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]that's cold
                [/quote]

No pun intended.....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"]
                  [quote user="bandwgn86"]i know what your saying, once it starts we
                  won't be able to turn the taps off, and our gov is getting leaned on
                  pretty hard by your gov to open the pipes.. if we don't... how is that
                  to viewed by the globe.. especially since its a need to live.[/quote]

I wouldn't worry so much about what the US gov't thinks. You guys are one of our best allies and right now the US needs allies, so IMO, you gov't has leverage. And your dollar is strengthening what once used to always be weaker against the dollar.

Keep the lid shut, or use it for your own country....I'd prefer to keep it shut because once opened, you will get some politicians who will find a way to smuggle that water out of your country.

[quote user="bandwgn86"]honestly, is hollywood out of ideas? remaking "Arthur"?? some movies should never be remade, especially that classic
                  no way Russell Brand can deliver like Dudley Moore... whats next remaking Ghostbusters??[/quote]

At this point, there are no movies off limits anymore. I was actually have a discussion recently about this. If Hollywood can make money, then they will remake it.
                  They've been trying to do Ghostbusters 3 but they've been having a hardtime finding the right storyline and the original cast is getting older.

And let's face it, not a single group of audience will ever see those characters believable played by different actors. Peter Venkman is Bill Murray forever....

One movie that I think Hollywood would probably have the toughest time remaking would be the Back to the Future trilogy. I just don't think it is possible to replace those actors....they are CLASSIC.

Well, now that I'm on a role, I don't think you can ever remake Die Hard or Lethal Weapon movies either....

[/quote]

They did Terminator without Arnold. Plus they had a very good television series with Summer Glau as the main terminator.

Comment

[quote user="jmike"]
                    They did Terminator without Arnold. Plus they had a very good television series with Summer Glau as the main terminator.[/quote]

Rise of the Machines was cool in a continuity kind of way; but it wasn't "really" Terminator in spite of the CGI Arnold shot...

I never watched the Sarah Conner chronicles for much the same reason I couldn't get into the Battlestar Galactica redux.

I tried too in either case but the products seemed so different from the silver screen and I understood the desire to expand the "stories" but just couldn't get into them.

I tried though, especially with BSG.

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"]i know what your saying, once it starts we won't be able to turn the taps off, and our gov is getting leaned on pretty hard by your gov to open the pipes.. if we don't... how is that to viewed by the globe.. especially since its a need to live.[/quote]

[quote user="bandwgn86"]honestly, is hollywood out of ideas? remaking "Arthur"?? some movies should never be remade, especially that classic no way Russell Brand can deliver like Dudley Moore... whats next remaking Ghostbusters??[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Remember this scene in Ghostbusters....it was so funny...Dr. Venkman trying to pick up the girlwhile giving smallelectric volts to the [male]student who got the answers wrong so he would split lol</P>

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087332/quotes?qt=qt0946063</P>

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"]i know what your saying, once it starts we won't be able to turn the taps off, and our gov is getting leaned on pretty hard by your gov to open the pipes.. if we don't... how is that to viewed by the globe.. especially since its a need to live.[/quote]

[quote user="bandwgn86"]honestly, is hollywood out of ideas? remaking "Arthur"?? some movies should never be remade, especially that classic no way Russell Brand can deliver like Dudley Moore... whats next remaking Ghostbusters??[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Remember this scene in Ghostbusters....it was so funny...Dr. Venkman trying to pick up the girlwhile giving smallelectric volts to the [male]student who got the answers wrong so he would split lol</P>

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087332/quotes?qt=qt0946063</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

</p>

Remember this scene in Ghostbusters....it was so funny...Dr. Venkman trying to pick up the girlwhile giving smallelectric volts to the [male]student who got the answers wrong so he would split lol</p>

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087332/quotes?qt=qt0946063</p>[/quote]

Absolutely. If you want a quick 5 minute view on who Peter Venkman is, that's the scene! It tells you everything you need to know...

You see, IMO, the classic movies have already been taken by the right actors. Old Hollywood is dying sadly....

At some point, you will get rare movies like Harry Potter that are fantastic, and those kids will forever be Harry Potter, and 100 years from now if they want to remake the series, it will be extremely tough.

It just seems like the great movies have already been taken.....

Sure they can completely redo Ghostbusters and it could generate MORE money than the original, special thanks to today's inflated dollars, but at least for me, I will always go back to the old team...

Comment

[quote user="jmike"]

They did Terminator without Arnold. Plus they had a very good
                            television series with Summer Glau as the main terminator.[/quote]

Even with a great actor in Christian Bale who completely manhandled the other actor as John Connor, it just didn't feel Terminator.

You see, there was a human element that Mr. Arnold S. was able to bring to the movie, ironically, as a robot!!

I have not watched the TV series so I don't know how well they did....is it still on the air or cancelled? If cancelled, how long did it last and did it bring to it a cult following?

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

Rise of the Machines was cool in a continuity kind of way; but it wasn't "really" Terminator in spite of the CGI Arnold shot...

I never watched the Sarah Conner chronicles for much the same reason I couldn't get into the Battlestar Galactica redux.

I tried too in either case but the products seemed so different from the silver screen and I understood the desire to expand the "stories" but just couldn't get into them.

[/quote]

Here's where I have to actually disagree with most of my thoughts. I have watched the BSG remake in it's entirety and it is a CLASSIC. The original, which I have seen some episodes were "campy", this one was really done well IMO....

It seemed the right people, and just at the right time, brought back BSG....now, to be fair, they failed with Caprica which was a snoozefeast and I knew that from the beginning which is why I didn't watch it. I hate prequels.

Now they are trying to do another series about Adama's early days against the Cylon and I too feel that will fail. The element of surprise in story writing is out the window when you create pre-quels. The lead actor can NEVER die. And any new characters they introduce will most certainly die, because they were not in the original BSG.

That is what I hate about prequels....

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="jmike"]

They did Terminator without Arnold. Plus they had a very good
                              television series with Summer Glau as the main terminator.[/quote]

Even with a great actor in Christian Bale who completely manhandled the other actor as John Connor, it just didn't feel Terminator.

You see, there was a human element that Mr. Arnold S. was able to bring to the movie, ironically, as a robot!!

I have not watched the TV series so I don't know how well they did....is it still on the air or cancelled? If cancelled, how long did it last and did it bring to it a cult following?

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

[/quote]

Here's where I have to actually disagree with most of my thoughts. I have watched the BSG remake in it's entirety and it is a CLASSIC. The original, which I have seen some episodes were "campy", this one was really done well IMO....

It seemed the right people, and just at the right time, brought back BSG....now, to be fair, they failed with Caprica which was a snoozefeast and I knew that from the beginning which is why I didn't watch it. I hate prequels.

Now they are trying to do another series about Adama's early days against the Cylon and I too feel that will fail. The element of surprise in story writing is out the window when you create pre-quels. The lead actor can NEVER die. And any new characters they introduce will most certainly die, because they were not in the original BSG.

That is what I hate about prequels....

[/quote]

I was huge into the original BSG and Star Trek and Star Wars...

I guess I didn't like Starbuck's gender change as it were...or Boomer ceasing to be (African-American)/ Black and some of the other minor changes.

I'm all for GENDER EQUALITY and RACIAL EQUALITY so adding a female "star" and another "Asian female" star is just fine, but tampering with the original Starbuck and Boomer was just wrong.

Also I didn't really appreciate the more mature themes as this was a show I wanted to watch with my little guys...

Perhaps I look 'em up on Amazon and if the price is right dig in the redux of BSG but leave Caprica alone.

Initially I was intrigued by Caprica because it was a prequel but like AG said, I kind of fell off after like 3 episodes.

Comment

I found the video clip of Dr. Venkman/Bill Murray/Ghostbusters.....he knocks the gum right out of the kids mouth with one of his shocks lol</P>

http://movieclips.com/KTqa-ghostbust...mans-esp-test/</P>

Comment

Working...
                                X