X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian giant for HC

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]

Man, no lie, the FIRST thing that came to mind is:
    Mets fold, bring back the beloved Dodgers...

Not going to happen though. Nicholson would have a coniption.

(No offense resident Mets fans.)

And on another level will this set a new precedent in pro-sports? Almost a totalalitarian rule?[/quote]

I hope not. But I'm sure as part of the contract of owning a baseball team, owners must be able to run the team themselves and have some kind of stable financing.

I don't think MLB wants to get into the business of running the teams themselves. It does seem like a "sports bailout" though doesn't it?

Comment

[quote user="AsianGiant"][quote user="giantyankee1976"] Man, no lie, the FIRST thing that came to mind is: Mets fold, bring back the beloved Dodgers... Not going to happen though. Nicholson would have a coniption. (No offense resident Mets fans.) And on another level will this set a new precedent in pro-sports? Almost a totalalitarian rule?[/quote]

I hope not. But I'm sure as part of the contract of owning a baseball team, owners must be able to run the team themselves and have some kind of stable financing.

I don't think MLB wants to get into the business of running the teams themselves. It does seem like a "sports bailout" though doesn't it?
      [/quote]</P>

It's a first for MLB..."The Boss" [George Stienbrenner] and Marge Schott [Reds] were allowed to pick their replacements</P>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ties-over.html</P>

Gotta wonder how the Mets are going to come out of the financial trouble their owners are in?</P>

Are they next?</P>

</P>

Comment

Mentioning the Brooklyn Dodgers......This isa great book..."The Boys Of Summer"</P>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_of_Summer_(book)</P>

Gil Hodges Jackie Robinson Pee Wee Reese etc</P>

Those players would play stickball in the streets with local kids..........seems strange to even comprehend how close a fan base was to it's player back in the days of Ebbets Field [Brooklyn]</P>

How could you not worship players like that?</P>

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

Mentioning the Brooklyn Dodgers......This isa great book..."The Boys Of Summer"</P>

Those players would play stickball in the streets with local kids..........seems strange to even comprehend how close a fan base was to it's player back in the days of Ebbets Field [Brooklyn]</P>

[/quote]</P>

My grand father brought me to my 1st Dodger game in '53. He got me a ball signed by all the '53 Bums... I treasured it and was so danged proud that summer when my buddies and me needed a ball for a pick-up game in the park... we all ooohed and aaahed at all the sigs... Furillo, Snider, Campy, Newcome, Erskine, Jackie, Pee Wee, Gil... and then we used it until the cover literally came off. Who knew back then?</P>

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

Mentioning the Brooklyn Dodgers......This isa great book..."The Boys Of Summer"</p>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_of_Summer_(book)</p>

Gil Hodges Jackie Robinson Pee Wee Reese etc</p>

Those players would play stickball in the streets with local kids..........seems strange to even comprehend how close a fan base was to it's player back in the days of Ebbets Field [Brooklyn]</p>

How could you not worship players like that?</p>

[/quote]</p>

My grand father brought me to my 1st Dodger game in '53. He got me a ball signed by all the '53 Bums... I treasured it and was so danged proud that summer when my buddies and me needed a ball for a pick-up game in the park... we all ooohed and aaahed at all the sigs... Furillo, Snider, Campy, Newcome, Erskine, Jackie, Pee Wee, Gil... and then we used it until the cover literally came off. Who knew back then?</p>[/quote]

Chuck Norris knew.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHY8NKj3RKs

Comment

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</P>

My grand father brought me to my 1st Dodger game in '53. He got me a ball signed by all the '53 Bums... I treasured it and was so danged proud that summer when my buddies and me needed a ball for a pick-up game in the park... we all ooohed and aaahed at all the sigs... Furillo, Snider, Campy, Newcome, Erskine, Jackie, Pee Wee, Gil... and then we used it until the cover literally came off. Who knew back then?</P>

[/quote]

Chuck Norris knew.
                [/quote]</P>

lol</P>

Yes, he knew, but he wasn't telling cuz he was the odd kid out of our game.</P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="jmike"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHY8NKj3RKs[/quote]</P>

a cinch to win all the awards next year... I can't wait.</P>

Comment

AG !

Please check your inbox

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

[quote user="giantyankee1976"]AG !

Please check your inbox
                      [/quote]

Responded!

Comment

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

Chuck Norris knew.
                        [/quote]</P>

Chuck Norris never sleeps............................he waits.</P>
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="SEC105"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

Yea...My Dad grew up in Brooklyn before joining the Air Force[ Army Air Corp] during WWII. They moved to Levittown after the war. He never lost his enthusiasm for"Dem Bums" {Brooklyn Dodgers] till they moved to L.A...........He always despised Walter O'Malley [owner] ,as didthe entire Brooklyn fanbase, for moving the team out west</P>

"Walter O'Malley is a"BUM" was one of his favorite quotes lol</P>

</P>

Comment

Guess wewill have tobe fans of this Brooklyn [Decker] till the Dodgers come home</P>

</P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

Guess wewill have tobe fans of this Brooklyn [Decker] till the Dodgers come home</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

sign me up on the lifetime fan membership plan, thank you...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

[quote user="SEC105"]

Guess wewill have tobe fans of this Brooklyn [Decker] till the Dodgers come home</p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]yummy

Comment

Working...
                                X