Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asian giant for HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bandwgn86 View Post
    almost had to go to the third page to find this thread..

    how is everyone?

    Canada got mercy ruled by Italy today at the world baseball tournament... and you guys wonder why we like hockey so much lol
    whats happening BW !? don't see u around much anymore how all is well with u and yours....

    Comment


    • Ryan Fitzpatrick ???

      How 'bout bouncing Carr for Fitz?

      (I like David but I fear the day he has to take real snaps under center, Hos he ain't)


      NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

      Comment


      • Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
        Ryan Fitzpatrick ???

        How 'bout bouncing Carr for Fitz?

        (I like David but I fear the day he has to take real snaps under center, Hos he ain't)
        I'll agree, completely. Like you, I respect Carr and have always felt good with him in reserve. But, not only isn't he a Hos, he's not even an Eli.
        For as slow as Eli is, he is superb moving a step here and there in the pocket.
        Fitz is younger, more mobile, and has a livelier arm.

        Ross? Lots of up and down sides. I know what we have with him and will be satisfied with him as depth. He is better the bigger the game is. His heart isn't always on the field, but it is when the big games come. Not saying he is great... he just doesn't play as hard all the time, and he has been solid in the big games.

        Comment


        • I said it before and now I reiterate.

          This will be a vastly different Giants Team come Opening Kick Off.

          I think we lose Cruz, eventually...

          wow, CBA, Salary Caps and Free Agency in general took a tremondous toll on us.


          NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

          Comment


          • How have u guys been? What do you guys think of the offseason moves thus far? I'm prbly going to be into the giants year round, things do not look good for the Yankees.

            Comment


            • or the Knicks.

              Yeah over on Red Eye's NYY 2k13 thread most of us feel that age and health will be major factors going into this season along with a tightening of the Wallet per Luxury Tax penalties...

              And I wonder if the Captain co-retires with Mo or does he do it during the upcoming off-season?

              Ergo, the final nail in the coffin to an Era that made my late-teens and early-20s pretty good in the sports arena.


              NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

              Comment


              • Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                or the Knicks.

                Yeah over on Red Eye's NYY 2k13 thread most of us feel that age and health will be major factors going into this season along with a tightening of the Wallet per Luxury Tax penalties...

                And I wonder if the Captain co-retires with Mo or does he do it during the upcoming off-season?

                Ergo, the final nail in the coffin to an Era that made my late-teens and early-20s pretty good in the sports arena.

                wow could hardly find this thread. I think we have done some great FA moves. Can't believe someone gave Rhomo 108mil. Oh well.
                MJG out

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mjg407 View Post
                  wow could hardly find this thread. I think we have done some great FA moves. Can't believe someone gave Rhomo 108mil. Oh well.
                  MJG out
                  I don't comment about FA talent and Draft picks until I can see them play some in our system... They seem to be solid pickups, but I still think we're very week on OLine run blocking.
                  Yeah, Romo at $108. hahahahahahahahahaha. good for him... good for us.
                  good to see ya' mjg... stable for awhile?

                  Comment


                  • Re: Yankees

                    I'm thinking the Captain hangs up the Glove after this Season too.

                    it may be the 80s all over again...


                    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                      Re: Yankees

                      I'm thinking the Captain hangs up the Glove after this Season too.

                      it may be the 80s all over again...
                      I'm not a Yankee fan, but I've seen his career, year after year, and for as long as it has lasted, It's hard to believe the time is coming. Beautiful to watch such a class act in this day and age. No one will fill his shoes for a very long time.

                      Comment


                      • I wasn't around but I can't help but to think of DiMaggio or Gehrig.

                        (Better buy me another Jeter jersey...soon)


                        NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                          I wasn't around but I can't help but to think of DiMaggio or Gehrig.

                          (Better buy me another Jeter jersey...soon)
                          He's in that company. Think of the top 10 Yanks of all time... he's in there, and, correct me if I'm wrong, he's the only one that carried the nick, "The Captain".

                          Comment


                          • Was too little to remember Thurmon...

                            But yeah I think you're right.


                            NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                              Was too little to remember Thurmon...

                              But yeah I think you're right.
                              Yes, I think Thurmon also carried that name. I'm not talking about just being the captain, but the press calling you that... and I do remember some of them referring to Thurmon as the Captain.
                              I think it would be very hard to list the top 10 Yankees of all time, there are so many that are all time greats. IMO the only 2 positions they really are missing a "Great"...
                              Who do you put as the all time best Yank at 2nd base? Left Field?

                              Comment


                              • ohhhhh

                                Billy Martin (before my time)

                                Willy Randolph (my young tike/ kid days)

                                Chuck Knoblach (oh squinty-eye his self) (sentimental pick)

                                Robbie Cano (borderline diva at times)

                                Sweet Lou (little tike days)

                                Godzilla (another sentimental favorite)

                                Posada (sentimental)

                                Berra (a real fave of mine, even if before me days)

                                And i do like Franky Cervelli, don't know why but have liked him since day one.


                                NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X