No announcement yet.

Report: Jonathan Martin “gone AWOL” from Dolphins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very well said, greenca. Interesting point with the Stanford tidbit.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

If Martin is so intelligent, why are we just hearing about this now?..
      Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGisBallin View Post
        This could be the answer.

"Jason La Canfora of CBS reports that Incognito also used the “half-n—–” epithet in a text message to Martin, and that Incognito sent Martin texts in which he made reference to tracking down members of Martin’s family and harming them. La Canfora reports that Martin was worried that Incognito wasn’t just talking trash and might actually be planning to harm Martin or his family."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ins-voicemail/

Comment

My God...
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I always thought Incognito was a pos football player (dirty)
            But I guess he's a pos person as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              My God...
              I have no idea what to make of Martin....But Incongnito sounds like a sociopath.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                I have no idea what to make of Martin....But Incongnito sounds like a sociopath.
                Yeah, and his father seems just as crazy. Did you see the Deadspin report? His father reportedly made an account on the Dolphin's boards and all he talked about was the OL and what not. It's pretty crazy stuff.
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I'll refrain from any psychological profiling of either Incognito or Martin at the moment as the media seems to be doing. I don't think it's just Martin vs. Incognito. Based on early reports, it seems like Incognito as a ring leader of a whole offensive line unit vs. Martin. It also lists Mike Pouncey as an alleged culprit to whatever degree.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                    I'll refrain from any psychological profiling of either Incognito or Martin at the moment as the media seems to be doing. I don't think it's just Martin vs. Incognito. Based on early reports, it seems like Incognito as a ring leader of a whole offensive line unit vs. Martin. It also lists Mike Pouncey as an alleged culprit to whatever degree.
                    Hence the investigation.

What galls me is how the coaching staff, other players and even management could stand pat and let a situation like this escalate. For them all to sit there and let this happen is blasphemy. This isn't something that just happened over night.
                    Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Comment

Probably because he assumed the same things that half of the American population is thinking of him right now: be a man, stand up for yourself, etc.

Although this is still workplace harassment, none of us (unless some of the posters on here have played professional football lately) can really understand the difference between camaraderie and harassment in an NFL locker room. Although new reports are coming out stating that Incognito did not act alone in this harassment, I believe Martin had to have a positive relationship with some members of the team over the last season and a half. He had played this sport his whole life, has bought into the team mentality for the duration of it, and most likely wanted to work through it and play for those that possessed a mutual respect for one another.

Questioning the guys intelligence shouldn't be in correlation to why he didn't mention Incognito's ineptness earlier. I think we should instead praise the man for being smart enough to bring up this ordeal before he himself responded to Incognito in an irresponsible manner.

Comment

Pathetic. Figures Pouncey was involved, him and his brother wore Free Hernandez hats to a club and said they did it because you are innocent until proven guilty. Two troublemakers and i hope Miami doesnt make the playoffs

Comment

Hence the investigation.

What galls me is how the coaching staff, other players and even management could stand pat and let a situation like this escalate. For them all to sit there and let this happen is blasphemy. This isn't something that just happened over night.
                          Because Philbin doesn't have a back bone.

And it's strange. Philbin's son recently died. He has demonstrated to be an emotional person and one would assume he'd be able to see the problem at hand and relate relate to Martin. It's not as if they do not do thorough research into the players they draft. Jeff Ireland has actually been criticized for being too thorough as of late.

Comment

This makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                              This makes no sense.
                              Why would he wait so long to take action? Penguinfarmer, if someone is bothering you, do you just sit back and take it, or do you do something about it?

Does that make enough sense for you?
                              Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Comment

Why would he wait so long to take action? Penguinfarmer, if someone is bothering you, do you just sit back and take it, or do you do something about it?

Does that make enough sense for you?
                                We all have a breaking point. Running to the coach isn't a good option generally.
                                He probably just tried to stick it out.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X