Take Notes from Rivers and the Chargers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Notes from Rivers and the Chargers

Guy is back to to a top tier QB after improving the o-line, getting him a running game and simplifying the offense. He has two security blankets in Gates and Woodhead that he can check down to.

Originally posted by mikeq6722 View Post
    Guy is back to to a top tier QB after improving the o-line, getting him a running game and simplifying the offense. He has two security blankets in Gates and Woodhead that he can check down to.
    The same top tier QB who had Ladanian Tomilson, Antonio Gates , Vincent Jackson, Darren Sproles on one team and still hasn't won a Superbowl yet?

Comment

I agree with much of what the OP said, but he's also making smart and careful decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeq6722 View Post
        They said they shuffeled their o line 16x this year.

Comment

Originally posted by GMan1011 View Post
          They said they shuffeled their o line 16x this year.
          SIX times. 6. Seis.

Comment

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post
            The same top tier QB who had Ladanian Tomilson, Antonio Gates , Vincent Jackson, Darren Sproles on one team and still hasn't won a Superbowl yet?
            +1

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
              SIX times. 6. Seis.
              oh! My bad - I was telling myself no way that's a crazy #. But hey, still, everyone has injuries too.

Comment

I think Decker from the Broncos is a FA next year...Giants should look at getting him...

Comment

You're a brain-dead ****** if you can't see that Phillip Rivers is leagues better than Eli Manning and always has been. The difference in championships stems from timely runs by the Giants defense in the playoffs and Eli playing like Phillip Rivers for once.

Comment

This franchise is still paying for deal Accorsi cut for Eli. Again the Giants gave way too much. Look at Rivers throws in this game. Do you think Eli would be as consistent with his throws as Rivers is? No, because consistency isn't Eli's strong suit. But what really stood out in this game was the way the SD running game operates and how both team's coordinators adjust and adapt to try to beat the other guy. I wish we had an OC and a DC that worked like that. Maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by strahantuck1 View Post
                      You're a brain-dead ****** if you can't see that Phillip Rivers is leagues better than Eli Manning and always has been. The difference in championships stems from timely runs by the Giants defense in the playoffs and Eli playing like Phillip Rivers for once.
                      Actually, you are "brain dead" if you don't understand that Phillip Rivers stats will never be remembered by anyone. Rivers needs to win something (actually, in Rivers case, just about anything). Rivers (like Romo) always chokes under pressure in the playoffs.

When Rivers (or Romo) actually wins anything but fantasy football stats, I will admit they might be better than Eli. Until then, not so much.

Comment

he looks like a completely diff qb (aside from that horrible throw motion/dead arm, he has no downfield arm anymore hes like chad pennington). the system accentuates his skill set. a lot of passes 10-15 yards and closer, occasional intermediate deep pass, a lot of crossing routes, and a lot of designed passes to the rb. its a very nice system. i wonder how it looks 5 yrs from now tho...

see thats the thing i hope people realize when i say we need a new system. its not bc kg is an idiot really, its bc the longevity of his tenure here and his use of this offense. it just seems stale, old, and figured out. new blood will do wonders. i hope we get a fresh mind that has a helluva scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by strahantuck1 View Post
                          ahhhhhh hahahahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                            he system accentuates his skill set.
                            It does. Rivers was asked what he wanted to do on offense, and the scheme was built around that

Comment

Working...
                            X