Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Phil Simms Color Commentatory Made You Despise The Guy And Regret Rooting For Him

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take Simms and Collinsworth over Joe Buck in a heartbeat. I can at least tolerate them. Buck, not so much.
    One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for stopping by.

Comment

I <3 Simms tra-la-la-la-la

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Seriously!! I thought it was assumed everyone hated Simms' guts on commentary. He's an absolute disgrace. He loves the sound of his voice, he's biased, and he's annoying!

And you're damn right it bothers me that I rooted for the guy as a kid. I want to know my players are good people; not a-holes like Simms.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
            I have no loyalty to either team playing today, so he can be biased towards anyone and I wont lose sleep over it.
            But I think he's called a good game, he's been fair with both teams and given no bias towards any particular player.
            He's a former QB, so he will get a bit enthusiastic when he sees good QB play.
            Yup..... this right here.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

complaining about commentators is like complaining that you got Cool Whip instead of Reddi-Whip on your apple pie

who cares what it is ..... just eat it

Comment

The same can be said for Aikman. They don't need heat in THAT booth.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                  he is one of the bests, because he doesnt homer it up like so many do.

+ 1

Comment

How is Simms biased? You're pissed that he commends Brady but you're calling him biased. I'm not sure if I get it...

Buck is the only commentator that absolutely drives me crazy. He gets to call all the biggest games, I have no idea why other than I've hearing his family has connections. I watch football to be entertained and that monotone voice just lulls me to sleep. I can't forgive him for totally botching the call for the David Tyree catch in the Super Bowl.
                    Last edited by dakotajoe; 01-19-2014, 11:56 PM.
                    Miss me yet? sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by strahantuck1 View Post
                      This guy is a straight biased clown that is in love with the Patriots. He's also on par with Cris Collinsworth and Moose Johnston when it comes to being unbearable. I tried to watch today's game with the sound on, but he's just too terrible. He's been praising Brady, praising the Patriots linebackers, excusing non-calls by the officials, and just being his usual shill self. It really upsets me that THIS guy might be the greatest Giants QB of all-time and contributed to two Super Bowl rings. He's a total scumbag.
                      Lol. Tom brady is only arguably the best qb in nfl history and has a stunning wife. I would praise him too.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X