Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sordid End of David Meggett

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/201...istory-profile

Such a sad story, was one of my favorite Giants to watch back in the day.

ouch
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

Very sad, you wonder what leads a person to do such things.
      sigpic

Comment

i havent read the article, dunno if im going to. i loved meggett as a player too. prob had something to do with how visibly undersized he was, and how his fight was more than those twice his size. the guy was like bradshaw to an extent. such fight.

he also was so incredibly shifty. imo, he was almost before his time. back when he played, guys like him were almost always pegged as a 3rd down back exclusively if they even made it to the bigs. imo, Meggett coulda been used exactly like Sproles and been more of a featured back. altho, there were times throughout any given game that Parcells and Co. seemed to realize it was time to utilize him.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          i havent read the article, dunno if im going to. i loved meggett as a player too. prob had something to do with how visibly undersized he was, and how his fight was more than those twice his size. the guy was like bradshaw to an extent. such fight.

he also was so incredibly shifty. imo, he was almost before his time. back when he played, guys like him were almost always pegged as a 3rd down back exclusively if they even made it to the bigs. imo, Meggett coulda been used exactly like Sproles and been more of a featured back. altho, there were times throughout any given game that Parcells and Co. seemed to realize it was time to utilize him.
          don't read it..

Comment

I made it nearly half way through and that was enough for me. Couldn't read anymore.
            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

I just read the title. That was enough for me.
              Pluck 'Em Eagles Featherless!

Comment

Very tough read............
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

This is old news. Everyone knew this guys a scumbag for a decade or more now..

Comment

very sad read

Comment

Had to read the complete article.

Originally posted by gian_18778 View Post
                      http://www.sbnation.com/longform/201...istory-profile

Such a sad story, was one of my favorite Giants to watch back in the day.

Revolting.

Comment

well read it. well most of it (didn't realize its like a book lol). a couple things:

1) of course a piece done on his victims is going to paint the absolute worst picture of Meggett
                        2) Going to make the victims look like a baby lamb.

even if thats the reality of the situation, the writer shouldnt take that stance i guess is my point
                        Just saying, the article reads more like the best friend of someone who just was dumped and te person overly defends her friend. Maybe becaue of the sensitve topic.

I really hope I dont come off like a ***** or that I in any way am saying "she deserved it" or had it coming or any vile thing like that. no one deserves to be hurt in any way. just saying that the article is trying very hard to play on the emotion the reader may have. and i get it, it sells. i wonder how meggett would tell what happened, not to say his version is any more accurate or that he'd even tell the truth. he seems like a big liar. its just that, theres always 2 sides to a story even when its a horror story.

dang i wish i hadnt read that i shoulda listened to the advice not to.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                          well read it. well most of it (didn't realize its like a book lol). a couple things:

1) of course a piece done on his victims is going to paint the absolute worst picture of Meggett
                          2) Going to make the victims look like a baby lamb.

even if thats the reality of the situation, the writer shouldnt take that stance i guess is my point
                          Just saying, the article reads more like the best friend of someone who just was dumped and te person overly defends her friend. Maybe becaue of the sensitve topic.

I really hope I dont come off like a ***** or that I in any way am saying "she deserved it" or had it coming or any vile thing like that. no one deserves to be hurt in any way. just saying that the article is trying very hard to play on the emotion the reader may have. and i get it, it sells. i wonder how meggett would tell what happened, not to say his version is any more accurate or that he'd even tell the truth. he seems like a big liar. its just that, theres always 2 sides to a story even when its a horror story.

dang i wish i hadnt read that i shoulda listened to the advice not to.
                          Hes scum. Dont make any excuses for him. Its not like it was 1 isolated incident. He did this over and over again. Beating and raping women. I dont care for his side of the story. Hope he rots in jail until he dies. Hes no better than Sandusky.

Comment

I was a big Meggett fan as a kid.. Total scumbag

Comment

Has he blamed it on the NFL yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X