Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Bowl 48 was the most-watched U.S. TV event ever.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl 48 was the most-watched U.S. TV event ever.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybro...llion-viewers/

It beat our Super Bowl (46) which had 111.3 million viewers.

Kinda cool how Eli and Peyton were a part of the most watched television events.
    Fortunately for us, we weren't embarrassed
    Mood: WOOF!

lol i dont ever take that kind of stuff seriously anymore. super bowl 50 in san frans new stadium will surpass it. it seems like every few years now something on tv becomes the most watched u.s. tv event ever.

Comment

How are stats like these even measured? I had around 20 people at my house for the game this year, last year I was by myself but I remember having like 5 TVs all on the game so I didn't have to miss anything while running around.

Do they just guess and say there's 3.5 people per TV or something?

Comment

Originally posted by fizzlesticks View Post
        How are stats like these even measured? I had around 20 people at my house for the game this year, last year I was by myself but I remember having like 5 TVs all on the game so I didn't have to miss anything while running around.

Big brother is watching you.

Comment

Big brother is watching you.

Comment

Really surprising since this was the most boring SB since the Bucs/Raiders....this game was over after the 2nd half kickoff

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
              Really surprising since this was the most boring SB since the Bucs/Raiders....this game was over after the 2nd half kickoff
              most likely it being in new york/new jersey plus the number 1 rated offense against the number 1 rated defense is the reason why.

Comment

It's quite silly, really. There are a selection of households (several thousand) that have measuring equipment installed, and the statistics are derived from their viewing habits.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                  It's quite silly, really. There are a selection of households (several thousand) that have measuring equipment installed, and the statistics are derived from their viewing habits.
                  I had no idea ratings were that meaningless

Comment

70% of all statistics are made up. lol

Of those 111.3 M viewers, I wonder how many watched the second half? Id probably say half. I know I stopped watching early, for the first time since Dallas beat up Buffalo.
                    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

60% of the time its 100% accurate
                      Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

Working...
                      X