X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish D.Ware signed with the Giants-the dude can play in the 4-3

Comment

Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
      players become all about the money, not all but a lot do. They are getting paid millions to do something they love and something we do in our back yard for free. I would play on the NYG for what I make now in the military. I would do whatever they wanted for 50K. lol
      No offense, but I hate that oversimplification of professional sports. We all fist fights growing up, and maybe even as adults. We all have played back yard football as well. To compare that to guys like Floyd Mayweather, and Jon Beason that have been training their entire lives and working at becoming good at these sports seems silly.

Great story: Vinny Testaverde thought himself a great tennis player in his own right. He's friend with Jim Courier, so one day he challenged him to a game. Vinny's first serve Courier returned it for a winning point with the handle of his raquet. There in lies the difference between backyard sports and professionals.
      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by flimflam View Post
        I wish D.Ware signed with the Giants-the dude can play in the 4-3
        He can play in anything.
        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by ibbill View Post
          Thanks for your service.
          No problem! I like doing what I do.. been 10 years this year. Wouldn't change that for anything!

Well maybe a full ride through college and playing for the NYG or Yankees lol

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
            No offense, but I hate that oversimplification of professional sports. We all fist fights growing up, and maybe even as adults. We all have played back yard football as well. To compare that to guys like Floyd Mayweather, and Jon Beason that have been training their entire lives and working at becoming good at these sports seems silly.

Great story: Vinny Testaverde thought himself a great tennis player in his own right. He's friend with Jim Courier, so one day he challenged him to a game. Vinny's first serve Courier returned it for a winning point with the handle of his raquet. There in lies the difference between backyard sports and professionals.

They are obviously better than us and are getting paid the money for a reason. I was just stating that for the fact of Allen saying pay me what I want or I'll retire. That is greedy IMO.

Comment

Those guys got PAID !!!!! I was not aware Denver had that much $$$$ in cap space.
              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Broncos will be in cap hell in a couple years

Comment

The Broncos are in full panic mode. Looking a lot like the Redskins, though they do have a good foundation.

My bet is that they don't win the SB again and these contracts essentially destroy the team when Manning retires.

Comment

The Broncos were in great shape with the cap space. Just take a look at the team's cap spread.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap-hit/

Comment

Is he still getting paid by the Cowboys on top of this deal?
                      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

DEN definitely sees that Peyton is coming to the end and are going all in to get back to the SB.

Ware and Von Miller make a pretty sick pass rushing duo to go along with Terrance Knighton inside.
                        All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                          Those guys got PAID !!!!! I was not aware Denver had that much $$$$ in cap space.
                          It's because many of their best players like Thomas and Von Miller haven't come up for contract yet. My guess is that they expect Peyton to be retiring (and his cap coming off the books) by the time these guys are up for their deals.
                          All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Working...
                          X