No announcement yet.

Mets' 90 Game Countdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a realist Mets fan. I am a lifelong fan. But my hopes are cautious every yr. My opinion is that 90 wins are a stretch. The bullpen stinks, and the offense depends too much on Wright.

And I agree Sharick, Boomer is an idiot. One big reason I dont watch the Cbs football pregame show.

Comment

Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
      I could care less about the mets, but the heat that Daniel Murphy is getting for missing work for his childbirth is pathetic. Mike francessa and boomer esiason can both go **** themselves for what they said. Tell the mother to have the c section earlier? How does boomer have a job today for that statement?
      +100.

And Boomer is being a complete hypocrite. Since his playing days Boomer has always been about putting himself out there as a devoted father trying to raise money to fight cystic fibrosis since his son Gunner has it. Now, he criticizes another athlete for taking time to be there for the birth of his first child. I mean, seriously? Francesca saying something stupid doesn't shock me at all, but Boomer caught me off guard with the 'get an early C-section' comment.

Hell, Boomer was just bragging on his show today about how the year that he and son were on the cover of Sports Illustrated that it was the second highest selling issue behind the swimsuit issue. But he wants to blast Murphy for taking time to be there for his kid when he's made a career out of creating an image of the devoted father.
      One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Different faces same ole story with the Mets. Just a subpar below .500 team every season
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
          Different faces same ole story with the Mets. Just a subpar below .500 team every season
          well at least us Mets fans can reminisce about the 86 Mets, and for the older generation, the 69 Mets.

Comment

Well, the Mets are not that bad this year. They are actually winning some games.

Boomer, I had a C-section when I had my daughter, and it is not an easy thing to recuperate from. To suggest a woman have this surgery unnecessarily, is easy if you don't have to go through it yourself.
            Pluck 'Em Eagles Featherless!

Comment

Originally posted by jintsrule View Post
              Well, the Mets are not that bad this year. They are actually winning some games.

Boomer, I had a C-section when I had my daughter, and it is not an easy thing to recuperate from. To suggest a woman have this surgery unnecessarily, is easy if you don't have to go through it yourself.
              any man that says a woman should have a c section

needs to be punched in the face 20 or so times.

now on to the mets

I said it last years and Ill say it again

Granderson is nothing more than an Ike Davis at this point in his carrer

and yet they gave him 60M so he can continue to deteriorate until he hits 37

FREAKIN 37!

My dad still laughs when he sees Granderson in Mets blue and orage (dads a 2nd gen yankee fan, so he knows a bit about Granderson)

NY GIANTS ... NY METS ... UNC TAR HEELS ... CHICAGO BULLS

Originally posted by Generation Eli
              1 and done, and its not even close

Packers 30
              Giants 13

Comment

I bet by the 90th game of the season they will be mathematically eliminated.

Comment

Ill root for the Mets even as a Yankee fan, but I dont see them finishing at .500+ this season. The next couple of years are huge for that organization though. They got a bunch of talented young prospects coming up. And Harvey returning in 2015.

Comment

Yea maybe I spoke to soon earlier in this thread. If they didn't blow that 5-1 lead vs Miami they'd be 15-10 now. Still 14-11 is not bad. They seem to be a scrappy team. Harvey certainly would of helped toward those possible 90 wins if he didn't get injured last year and miss this whole season. But they seem to be winning every series which is a good thing. Let's see if they can keep up that trend with this upcoming Philly series. Be nice to put a little more distance between them and us
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

this is a .500 team IMO. Which is a slight improvement

IMO, even if you add Harvey, its still not WC 2 capable

Which shows just how inept this team is

4 years in and the mets are still a .500 or below team

NY GIANTS ... NY METS ... UNC TAR HEELS ... CHICAGO BULLS

Originally posted by Generation Eli
                      1 and done, and its not even close

Packers 30
                      Giants 13

Comment

Originally posted by Generation Eli View Post
                        this is a .500 team IMO. Which is a slight improvement

IMO, even if you add Harvey, its still not WC 2 capable

Which shows just how inept this team is

4 years in and the mets are still a .500 or below team
                        hey your right.. Just when you thought the 15-11 Mets looked good and were going places and winning a few series 2/3'or 3/4. They crash land as usual. After getting blown out the first two games vs the Rockies tonight they did It a little different.. They blew a 6-0 lead ( similar to the 5-1 lead they blew vs Miami ) by giving Colorado an 8 run inning. And if that wasn't bad enough they came back and took a 10-9 lead in the ninth only to give up a walk off 2 run homer in the bottom to lose 11-10..smh...

So now they are back to normal at or around .500 as usual at 15-14

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

Mets suck

Comment

Originally posted by GiantsRokk View Post
                            Mets suck
                            yep. Mustered
                            One win vs Colorado. And now for the third series in a row they have blown a big lead. This one late. Going to 8th inning with 3-0 lead they gave up 3 in eight and 1 in ninth. Bullpen blows another one

4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by GiantsRokk View Post
                              Mets suck
                              Harsh... I dream of the day when they approach the end of the season close to around .500. It takes them (quite) a few years to rebuild. I still have hope for this year.
                              Pluck 'Em Eagles Featherless!

Comment

Working...
                              X