2014 NEW YORK YANKEES:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    How frickin good is Dellin Betances , guy is a monster 6'8" 260 he has been unhittable, well 1 hittable 6.1 IP 11 SO 0.00 ERA . I bet he surpasses Robertson as the closer at some point. Are a bullpen looks nasty. The Red Sox couldnt touch it, no 1 has since the first series. FInally 1 of those killer B's is doing something. If he is the real deal we have a huge advantage as we control him till 2020
    he's a stud. only problem i see with him as a closer is his nerves which cause him to have control issues and walk guys. other than that his has the stuff to be a closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
      he's a stud. only problem i see with him as a closer is his nerves which cause him to have control issues and walk guys. other than that his has the stuff to be a closer.
      Its not really his nerves, its just hes such a big guy with a bunch of moving parts, and throws hard. He's always gonna be a bit wild, but as long as he keeps runs off the board, with his blazing heater and power curve, then all will be well. Hes also from the Bronx, which is cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
        If Pineada and Tanaka pitch this well all year and are legit 1 -2 Studs the Yanks will be the best team in Baseball.
        I've been saying since the mid winter, the yanks are very underrated as many had us winning somewhere between 86-90games. Again, I was thinking about Pineda and Tanaka being as advertised , and Nova conintuing his 2nd half success from last yr, and DROB stepping right into the Closers role, and all that, but I serverly felt people were under appreciating the kinda team the yanks had put together.\

Even the lesser moves, like getting Kelly Johnson and Matt Thornton, I thought were wonderful, "glue" type moves for us. Plus, we completely uprgarded the Catcher position, albeit, it sucks Cervelli got hurt, because I honestly think hes good enough to start in this league, and hes just are back up, but whatever.

Without continuing on , I just felt the combonation of youth, homegrown talent, well picked FA's, and of course, the addition of the core 4 FA's(tanaka,Ells,Beltran,McCann), was more then enough to put us over the top. Plus i'm pretty high on our farm system, and I think your gonna see that continue to climb the ranks as well.. All that, and I was thinking WS contender for a few months now...

Comment

• Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
          Hes always had control problems, even when starting. He was supposed to be a future ace when we drafted em, and its over time, realizing its almost impossible for him to throw 7 wildless innings in a row, that they moved em to the pen, trying to get next best thing outta there big investment, which is closer or top notch set up man.

I actually lobbied for Betances to start this yr as the closer and DROB as the 8th inning man, right when last yr ended, and was lambasted by many over on Riveraveblues..

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            I've been saying since the mid winter, the yanks are very underrated as many had us winning somewhere between 86-90games. Again, I was thinking about Pineda and Tanaka being as advertised , and Nova conintuing his 2nd half success from last yr, and DROB stepping right into the Closers role, and all that, but I serverly felt people were under appreciating the kinda team the yanks had put together.\

Even the lesser moves, like getting Kelly Johnson and Matt Thornton, I thought were wonderful, "glue" type moves for us. Plus, we completely uprgarded the Catcher position, albeit, it sucks Cervelli got hurt, because I honestly think hes good enough to start in this league, and hes just are back up, but whatever.

Without continuing on , I just felt the combonation of youth, homegrown talent, well picked FA's, and of course, the addition of the core 4 FA's(tanaka,Ells,Beltran,McCann), was more then enough to put us over the top. Plus i'm pretty high on our farm system, and I think your gonna see that continue to climb the ranks as well.. All that, and I was thinking WS contender for a few months now...
            You are high on the farm system? Or just high? I dont see much there. all we heard about for years was the killer bs and those great catching prospects. Killer Bs havent done much, if anything, and those catchers? Montero busted for PEDs and is terrible, Romine is terrible, JR Murphy is barely alive, Sanchez still has me wondering... You see catchers from all other franchises bouncing to the big show and producing. We just signed McCann to a long term deal. What does that say? What about MAson Williams? I thought he was the future at CF? Ellsbury for 7 years.
            Last edited by TheAnalyst; 04-19-2014, 08:55 AM.
            I APPLIED TO BE THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              You are high on the farm system? Or just high? I dont see much there. all we heard about for years was the killer bs and those great catching prospects. Killer Bs havent done much, if anything, and those catchers? Montero busted for PEDs and is terrible, Romine is terrible, JR Murphy is barely alive, Sanchez still has me wondering... You see catchers from all other franchises bouncing to the big show and producing. We just signed McCann to a long term deal. What does that say? What about MAson Williams? I thought he was the future at CF? Ellsbury for 7 years.
              ...finally, even-keeled reality. 162 games in total, way too early to be getting over-excited.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

• All I asked is that you beat the Rays for us.
                With all those players you bought you couldn't do just that one little thing???????
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  All I asked is that you beat the Rays for us.
                  With all those players you bought you couldn't do just that one little thing???????
                  Stop trolling
                  If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

• Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
                    Stop trolling
                    Your guys can't even play spoilers right G. This is very disappointing.

Comment

• Ivan nova heading to the DL with a partial UCL tear. He is the classic either he has it or he doesn't pitcher.

Comment

Buck foston

Comment

Once we finish off the Rays today, we'll of taken 3of4 from your guys, and split in 4game series in Tampa, which is tough place to play. I'll take it all day long.

Comment

Once we finish off the Rays today, we'll of taken 3of4 from your guys, and split in 4game series in Tampa, which is tough place to play. I'll take it all day long.
                            Yes he went around....Yes the Rays should have been out of the inning...but we'll take the TB loss.

Thanks Yanks...you did good by the Sox.

Comment

And that is exactly what we did today! So far so good when playing against the Al east.

Comment

• Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
                                And that is exactly what we did today! So far so good when playing against the Al east.
                                Today....we were all Yankee fans.

Keep playing the spoiler.

Comment

Working...
                                X