No announcement yet.

2014 NEW YORK YANKEES:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bretty Gardner putting together some kinda season.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
      Bretty Gardner putting together some kinda season.

How about this "Giant" kid, Betances??
      He could be our future closer someday!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
        How about this "Giant" kid, Betances??
        He could be our future closer someday!!
        He would be a hell of a starter, no? I dont see why not. He has a few pitches to work with. Maybe try to add one more. Maybe Tanaka can teach him the split finger, lol. He would be unhittable.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          He would be a hell of a starter, no? I dont see why not. He has a few pitches to work with. Maybe try to add one more. Maybe Tanaka can teach him the split finger, lol. He would be unhittable.
          They tried him as a starter. Thats what he was drafted as and he started in the minors but he was way to inconsistent trying to harnesss his stuff for that many innings every 5th day.. Hes got Closer written all over him , but we got DROB, so were just gonna have to be happy we got a sick setup guy(ala MO 1996) and a sick closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            Seems times have changed since may 13th. Yanks now 2.5 in front of the beanheads and have WON 3 in a row, giving up a combined 1run in all 3games..
            The "beanheads" can't hit their way out of a paper bag right now.
            And their performance in 1 run games is killing them.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

No, let him do what hes doing. Between Joba and Hughes, if the Yankees havnt learned their lesson by now they never will.

Comment

He could as he finds his command and control of his pitches, but I think he has found a home in the pen. Even he is embracing his new role as a reliever.
                I'm think Adam Warren as being one who could eventually get into the starting rotation someday.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  No, let him do what hes doing. Between Joba and Hughes, if the Yankees havnt learned their lesson by now they never will.
                  That is true. But I think the thing that threw Joba off was the Joba rules more than anything else. They should of just let the kid pitch. The Yankees do know how to ruin some talent though. Ian Kennedy was another.

Comment

• CC out until July.. Maybe and probably longer!
                    I think we have another A-Rod contract anchor on our hands for the next several years.
                    sigpic

Comment

CC out until July.. Maybe and probably longer!
                      I think we have another A-Rod contract anchor on our hands for the next several years.
                      Nothing is like the ARod contract. CC is a nice guy who just is breaking down. ARod was a ****** who used PEDs to help him out. CC's career is about over.

But get used to it. Soon they will be saying the same thing about Ellsbury or McCann. Thats what happens when you sign guys long term to huge money.

Comment

He has other pitches, but it's what made him an ineffective starter. As a relief pitcher, he can focus on his two best pitches.

Comment

Nothing is like the ARod contract. CC is a nice guy who just is breaking down. ARod was a ****** who used PEDs to help him out. CC's career is about over.

But get used to it. Soon they will be saying the same thing about Ellsbury or McCann. Thats what happens when you sign guys long term to huge money.

McCann should be ok. It's only a five year contract. I agree with Ellsbury though.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Tanaka's streak ends at 42 consecutive regular season wins. (Japan/MLB)
                            Looked like the heavy rain at Wrigley gave him problems with his command early in the game.
                            sigpic

Comment

Tanaka's streak ends at 42 consecutive regular season wins. (Japan/MLB)
                              Looked like the heavy rain at Wrigley gave him problems with his command early in the game.
                              Thats what I saw too. A shame. His splitter wasn't located correctly all night. Couldn't grip it in the rain.

Comment

Its so dumb that we can't make a simple rule like " You fail for PED's, the team your with has option to void out your current contract, because you cheated to get it".. I bet that would kill PED use once and for all. How are you allowed to cheat, get caught, and keep your contract? Its so stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X