No announcement yet.

2014 NEW YORK YANKEES:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another stinker by the offense against Oakland last night. I realize that the athletics have the best team in the al, but come on. I never thought I would see the Yankees lose to 3 different teams in 3 nights at Yankee stadium.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
      Another stinker by the offense against Oakland last night. I realize that the athletics have the best team in the al, but come on. I never thought I would see the Yankees lose to 3 different teams in 3 nights at Yankee stadium.

Neither did I..

Bottom line, you're not going to win a lot of games by scoring two runs a game, like last night's game.

The Yankees have scored a total of ten runs over the last five games. That's just not going to get it done!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
        Maybe the should've gone up to 200 million for 8 years, and a player's option for a ninth year, with Cano..
        They definitely could use his bat right now.. It is MISSED!!!
        Then they probably wouldn't have been able to sign either Tanaka or Ellsbury.

How would that have worked out?

Letting Cano go freed them up to sign these other guys.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Then they probably wouldn't have been able to sign either Tanaka or Ellsbury.

How would that have worked out?

Letting Cano go freed them up to sign these other guys.

They already signed Ellsbury when they offered the the 175 million to Cano, and the Yankees were NOT going to let Tanaka slip out of their hands..

I wonder if the Yankee brass is now regretting not going up to 200 million over eight years, to see if it would've been enough to get a "Yankee discount" from Jay Z & company.
          sigpic

Comment

They already signed Ellsbury when they offered the the 175 million to Cano, and the Yankees were NOT going to let Tanaka slip out of their hands..

I wonder if the Yankee brass is now regretting not going up to 200 million over eight years, to see if it would've been enough to get a "Yankee discount" from Jay Z & company.
            Cano was as good as gone and they knew it. it was a token offer. (whatever it was because media reports are incredibly unreliable about these things)

I love some of you Yankee fans...You think they should just sign everybody.
            Most spoiled fans in all of sports.
            Last edited by Morehead State; 06-04-2014, 03:02 PM.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Westfield MA.. Let me guess who your favorite team is. lol

Well first I have to disagree with you on the "token offer" to Cano. I believe they really wanted to bring him back, and if 175 million for seven years (which equals out to 25 million per year, one million short per year than the Mariners offer), then that is one GIANT token!!

Now to the spoiled part. The Yankees did make a "token offer" to Curtis Granderson, because they did not want to bring him back. I won't fault them for that, even though he went to the rival crosstown Mets. And I have no problem with Curtis going to the Mets "because" the Yankees didn't want him.

PS: You're no longer lovable losers like the Cubbies are .. Baseball fans nationwide are starting to hate the Red Sux just like they do with the Yankees.
              sigpic

Comment

Cano was as good as gone and they knew it. it was a token offer. (whatever it was because media reports are incredibly unreliable about these things)

Personally, I would have traded cano for some prospects like year. The Yankees as far as I know, don't have any real bats in their minors right now. Letting cano walk was the right move. I just wish it was during last season.
                sigpic

Comment

Westfield MA.. Let me guess who your favorite team is. lol

Well first I have to disagree with you on the "token offer" to Cano. I believe they really wanted to bring him back, and if 175 million for seven years (which equals out to 25 million per year, one million short per year than the Mariners offer), then that is one GIANT token!!

Now to the spoiled part. The Yankees did make a "token offer" to Curtis Granderson, because they did not want to bring him back. I won't fault them for that, even though he went to the rival crosstown Mets. And I have no problem with Curtis going to the Mets "because" the Yankees didn't want him.

PS: You're no longer lovable losers like the Cubbies are .. Baseball fans nationwide are starting to hate the Red Sux just like they do with the Yankees.
                  And crybaby David Ortiz is why.
                  sigpic

Comment

Who, Big Sloppy?? The guy who for whatever reason got a free pass for taking PED's? LMAO
                    sigpic

Comment

While I do believe that some Yankees fans were spoiled after the late 90s, early 2000s success, I think the Red Sox nation is the biggest bunch of whiney spoiled pink hat wearing brats in baseball now.

I guess I am one of the rare Yankee fans who would rather trade em while there hot and rebuild for a year or 2 and get back to basics by building through the farm.
                      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Ortiz is the biggest crybaby in sports right now. He sure talks tough when he is pretending to get held back by the catcher. Price should hit him in his fat head next time it might break the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by n420p69 View Post
                          Ortiz is the biggest crybaby in sports right now. He sure talks tough when he is pretending to get held back by the catcher. Price should hit him in his fat head next time it might break the baseball.

You're not kidding. Nobody complains more than Big Sloppy!! Whether it's about his PED use, called strikes against him from the home plate umpire, and now this with the Tampa Rays.

Remember his phone destruction episode in the dugout in Baltimore? What a disgrace!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGfKfMmR-xU
                          sigpic

Comment

• How embarrassing that he is the face of the Red Sox....
                            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                              How embarrassing that he is the face of the Red Sox....

Yet, Red Sux fans will loudly chant "STEROIDS" to any Yankees' player accused of taking PED's who steps up to the plate in Fallujah Park..
                              The fans in Red Sux Nation are a JOKE!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Tanaka or bust. He is absolutely a losing streak stopper. Already one of the best pitchers in baseball.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X