2014 NEW YORK YANKEES:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
    Tanaka or bust. He is absolutely a losing streak stopper. Already one of the best pitchers in baseball.
    I'm afraid both the Yanks and Sox are going to struggle this season G.

Oh well......At least we're the champs.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

27 to 8..
      sigpic

Comment

Chumps... who whine about everything. There. That works better :-)
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

• I'm gonna be at the game tonight. Does anyone know if Jeter is supposed to play tonight? He took the night off last night..
          sigpic
          S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
          __________________________________________________ ______
          Mock Draft
          1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
          4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
          6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
          __________________________________________________ ______
          Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Last yrs celebration is long over. The Yanks 2009 championship means about as much as the Sox 2013 at this point.

Comment

• Yanks drafted 5guys in MLB's top 200. Jacob Lindgren LHP Miss St., Austin DeCarr RHP Conn(HS), Jordan Foley RHP C.Mich(95th), Jordan Montgomery LHP S.Car(160th), and Garrett Cave RHP Fla(HS) 169th..

Not bad considering they had no 1st rd pick. Also, I love there 6th rd pick Jonathan Holder RHP. Hes a bullpen guy with Closer upside(along with 1st rd pick Lindgren as well), who throws really hard and has good makeup.

Comment

• Very cool that Jonathan Holder RHP Miss St.(6th rd pick), got the call that he was drafted by Yanks when he was with Yanks 2nd rd draft pick and Miss St. teammate Jacob Lindgren LHP Miss St. Imagine that reaction as the 2 of em are now pros and on the same team again?

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                  Yanks drafted 5guys in MLB's top 200. Jacob Lindgren LHP Miss St., Austin DeCarr RHP Conn(HS), Jordan Foley RHP C.Mich(95th), Jordan Montgomery LHP S.Car(160th), and Garrett Cave RHP Fla(HS) 169th..

Not bad considering they had no 1st rd pick. Also, I love there 6th rd pick Jonathan Holder RHP. Hes a bullpen guy with Closer upside(along with 1st rd pick Lindgren as well), who throws really hard and has good makeup.

So what are the experts saying how the Yankees did? It's so hard to tell in baseball when it comes to drafting players.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                    So what are the experts saying how the Yankees did? It's so hard to tell in baseball when it comes to drafting players.
                    Most think they did solidly. Seen a couple grades of solid B.. I personally think they did awesome. We all ready know they plan on spending big in the International FA market in July, where they will get there heap of developmental, high upside kids. They used the draft to get a bunch of players that have less upside but will mostly all hit there ceilings. A bunch of safe picks. They say Lindgren might be helping our bullpen by seasons end! Montgomerys ceiling is a 4th starter, but people think he'll easily meet that ceiling. DeCarr and Cave are the 2 upside kids we drafted. DeCarr has a number 2 starters ceiling but probably ends up in the 3-4 range. THink Jason Hammel type. Really like Foley and Holder as well. Were talking big strong kids who can bring the heat and should be key contributors in the bullpen and in foleys case, maybe as a starter if he can refine his command.

A sleeper I love is 10th rd pick Ty McFarland 2B James Madison. He can flat out hit and is a coaches son who has a great looking ML body , especially for Yankee Stadium at 6ft 3in 195lb and left handed with pop. Had 9dingers this past yr, which is solid for a middle infielder. He started out as a pitcher , so obviously the arm is solid, especially for 2B. His bat is what excites me though. Could see him really hitting in the minors..

Comment

Most think they did solidly. Seen a couple grades of solid B.. I personally think they did awesome. We all ready know they plan on spending big in the International FA market in July, where they will get there heap of developmental, high upside kids. They used the draft to get a bunch of players that have less upside but will mostly all hit there ceilings. A bunch of safe picks. They say Lindgren might be helping our bullpen by seasons end! Montgomerys ceiling is a 4th starter, but people think he'll easily meet that ceiling. DeCarr and Cave are the 2 upside kids we drafted. DeCarr has a number 2 starters ceiling but probably ends up in the 3-4 range. THink Jason Hammel type. Really like Foley and Holder as well. Were talking big strong kids who can bring the heat and should be key contributors in the bullpen and in foleys case, maybe as a starter if he can refine his command.

A sleeper I love is 10th rd pick Ty McFarland 2B James Madison. He can flat out hit and is a coaches son who has a great looking ML body , especially for Yankee Stadium at 6ft 3in 195lb and left handed with pop. Had 9dingers this past yr, which is solid for a middle infielder. He started out as a pitcher , so obviously the arm is solid, especially for 2B. His bat is what excites me though. Could see him really hitting in the minors..

Thanks for the update. Hopefully they pan out and don't become busts, like they have in recent drafts!

Isn't there a limit or restrictions on international players now? Who are the big names out there in the international market?
                      sigpic

Comment

Last yrs celebration is long over. The Yanks 2009 championship means about as much as the Sox 2013 at this point.
                        Are you kidding me?........after what happened in Boston last year?
                        The 2013 WS championship will go down as the most special in Sox history.

The Yanks 2009 championship is the ARod championship,
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

What was so special about last year? Papi roid raging on a phone?

Comment

Here's an example of a Red Sux fan yapping about A-Rod again, but no mention of Big Sloppy and his .700 World Series batting average!!!

I guess he just ate a lot of "Dominican Wheaties" last October!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                              Here's an example of a Red Sux fan yapping about A-Rod again, but no mention of Big Sloppy and his .700 World Series batting average!!!

I guess he just ate a lot of "Dominican Wheaties" last October!!
                              Remember a few years ago when Sox fans hated Papi and wanted him gone. He had like 1 HR for the first 2 months of the season and was hitting under .200? Then he took a week off and "got his stuff together" and went on a power surge in the coming weeks. We all know he went to the DR and got him some milk shakes. Papi Power. Now the dude has that undetectable stuff and all is forgiven.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                Remember a few years ago when Sox fans hated Papi and wanted him gone. He had like 1 HR for the first 2 months of the season and was hitting under .200? Then he took a week off and "got his stuff together" and went on a power surge in the coming weeks. We all know he went to the DR and got him some milk shakes. Papi Power. Now the dude has that undetectable stuff and all is forgiven.

Oh, I remember alright..

He looked like a broken down big pile of ****, and SPOILED Red Sux Nation was booing the crap out of him!!!

Yeah, he took a week off to watch videos of his swing, and to work on it..

YEAH RIGHT!!!!!
                                Bwwwwwaaaaaaah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!

Red Sux Nation are a bunch of stupid spoiled jerks!!! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X