No announcement yet.

2014 NEW YORK YANKEES:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Yankees haven't been able to draft that well partly because they've always made the playoffs year in and year out. Derek Jeter was drafted 6th overall in 1992, only because the Yankees were horrible in 1991. If the Yankees had a decent year in 91, Derek Jeter never would've been a New York Yankee.

Well, not until he became a free agent in 2002..
    sigpic

Comment

• Holy Cow!!! (As the late Scooter would say) We won a game last night on a "clutch" hit!!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        Yeah, lets trade some young prospects for more old ones! Not. Thats what got the Yankees in this position in the first place. Stop dealing the young players for old ones. They should try to deal the older ones for prospects if they ever want to return to winning championships. I must say, 2009 they found gold in those bold moves, but its the only time it has worked in the last 15 years. They need to rebuild.
        I would trade those 2 guys because I dont think they are Major League talents. Sanchez I would keep, no way I would get rid of Betances

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
          The Yankees haven't been able to draft that well partly because they've always made the playoffs year in and year out. Derek Jeter was drafted 6th overall in 1992, only because the Yankees were horrible in 1991. If the Yankees had a decent year in 91, Derek Jeter never would've been a New York Yankee.

Well, not until he became a free agent in 2002..
          Thats bogus. There are plenty of players that slip through the cracks and drafted in later rounds the Yankees could have drafted. ITs just they really struggle in drafting AND developing.
          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Thats bogus. There are plenty of players that slip through the cracks and drafted in later rounds the Yankees could have drafted. ITs just they really struggle in drafting AND developing.

True, but look at the Tampa Rays over the last several years. They didn't just get smart by drafting guys like Longoria & Price. They drafted them and players like them because they were at the bottom of the barrel for so many years.

Plus, baseball talent is the most unpredictable out of the four major sports.
            sigpic

Comment

True, but look at the Tampa Rays over the last several years. They didn't just get smart by drafting guys like Longoria & Price. They drafted them and players like them because they were at the bottom of the barrel for so many years.

Seriously its not easy drafting high school kids , I dont think baseball is like Basketball were the best players end up playing very good competition on prep teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                Seriously its not easy drafting high school kids , I dont think baseball is like Basketball were the best players end up playing very good competition on prep teams.

In basketball and football, size and speed can weight heavily on a prospect. In baseball size and speed may help, but they won't mean a thing if they can't hit a 95 mph fastball, or throw strikes with command of the corners.

Hockey is probably the easiest to predict. If he's skating circles around everyone else, he's probably going to be a star someday. lol
                sigpic

Comment

Oh, I agree. Its easier to rebuild if you completely suck for a decade. The AStros in fact will be very good in another year or 2. Those young guys coming up the pipeline after years of top 5 picks emerge. As long as your ownership doesnt screw it up, you can bounce back. Pittsburgh showed that last year.

Comment

Oh, I agree. Its easier to rebuild if you completely suck for a decade. The AStros in fact will be very good in another year or 2. Those young guys coming up the pipeline after years of top 5 picks emerge. As long as your ownership doesnt screw it up, you can bounce back. Pittsburgh showed that last year.

Houston and the Cubbies are two teams to watch out for in the future..

Even the Mets could be, "if" they decide to spend a little more money!
                    sigpic

Comment

Houston and the Cubbies are two teams to watch out for in the future..

Even the Mets could be, "if" they decide to spend a little more money!
                      Yup. Astros, Cubs, White Sox, Mets, A's, Marlins on the up, while teams like the Yanks, Tigers, Angels, Dodgers, Red Sox and Rangers on the way down.

Comment

• "I'd like to thank the Good Lord for making Tanaka a New York Yankee"

This guy is unbelievable!! 10-1 so far, and he has 1/3 of the Yankees' total wins!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Tanaka does it again. He is easily the best pitcher on this team and a top 5 starter in all of baseball already. The one good thing about this team is that there won't be any long losing streaks with him starting every 5 games.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
                            Tanaka does it again. He is easily the best pitcher on this team and a top 5 starter in all of baseball already. The one good thing about this team is that there won't be any long losing streaks with him starting every 5 games.

He's not going to win every single start, so when he doesn't win, a long losing streak is very possible with this team..
                            sigpic

Comment

• Did Cano really have to do that though..... ugh. Anyway, Tanaka right now is the favorite for ROY and CY. Right? The only other options I see are Abreu for the White Sox as ROY, Solarte for the Yanks... And Yu Darvish, King Felix, Mark Buehrle or Dallas Kuechal for the Astros? I think Tanaka is ahead of all of them with a possible exception of Jose Abreu. That dude plays every game (except he was hurt) and has been nasty although he is only batting .269 now.

Tanaka is 10-1, 2.01 ERA and .939 WHIP. 103Ks - 14BBs
                              King Felix is 8-1, 2.38 ERA and 1.010 WHIP. 106Ks - 17BBs
                              Keuchel is 8-3, 2.38 ERA and .993 WHIP. 75Ks - 18BBs
                              Buehrle is 10-2, 2.02 ERA and 1.21 WHIP. 52Ks - 25BBs
                              Davish is 7-2, 2.10 ERA and 1.126 WHIP. 101Ks - 27BBs
                              Kazmir is 7-2, 2.19 ERA and .975 WHIP. 70Ks - 17BBs

Jose Abreu is batting .269 with 19HRs and 50RBIs, 13BBs, 60Ks, OPS .950
                              George Springer in very limited time is hitting .258 12HRs, 36RBIs
                              Last edited by TheAnalyst; 06-12-2014, 10:48 AM.

Comment

In basketball and football, size and speed can weight heavily on a prospect. In baseball size and speed may help, but they won't mean a thing if they can't hit a 95 mph fastball, or throw strikes with command of the corners.

Hockey is probably the easiest to predict. If he's skating circles around everyone else, he's probably going to be a star someday. lol
                                Those guys who throw 97 mph might have zero control but you have to draft them hoping they are able to figure it out , cough Andrew Brackman

Comment

Working...
                                X