No announcement yet.

2014 NEW YORK YANKEES:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Yankees need to use that finicial muscle to get the players with the high bonus demands in the draft to strengthen the farm system. It worked with Betances they got him in the 8th round because nobody wanted to pay him, it didnt work with Brackman but you can still trade those guys for MLB talent

Comment

• Yankees sweep the Mariners tonight..

Jeter gets three hits (almost four), but Ellsbury left the game a few innings later after robbing Cano of a two run HR..

Who would've thought with the way they've been hitting this year, and with all the injuries to the pitching staff, that they'd be TWO GAMES OUT of 1st place, in the all important "loss column"??
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
        Yankees sweep the Mariners tonight..

Jeter gets three hits (almost four), but Ellsbury left the game a few innings later after robbing Cano of a two run HR..

Who would've thought with the way they've been hitting this year, and with all the injuries to the pitching staff, that they'd be TWO GAMES OUT of 1st place, in the all important "loss column"??
        Who is that Chase Whitley kid? Impressive so far.

In 6 starts, he is 2-0 with a 2.41 ERA and 1.01 WHIP in 33.2 IP.
        Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

• Just saw this stat on ESPN:

"The Yankees are 20-8 in games started by rookies in 2014."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yan...heir-potential
          Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

• We definitely are grinding right now. I will definitely feel better if they can get to 10 games over .500. Nice job of sweeping seattle, an actual good team this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              Who is that Chase Whitley kid? Impressive so far.

In 6 starts, he is 2-0 with a 2.41 ERA and 1.01 WHIP in 33.2 IP.

Yes, he's been another pleasant surprise for the Yanks. His record would be even better than it is, if it wasn't for the pathetic run support.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Just saw this stat on ESPN:

"The Yankees are 20-8 in games started by rookies in 2014."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yan...heir-potential

That's a lot of starts by "rookies" and it's only June! Of course, Tanaka is considered a "rookie", so..
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
                  We definitely are grinding right now. I will definitely feel better if they can get to 10 games over .500. Nice job of sweeping seattle, an actual good team this year.

And now it's off to Oakland, so that 10 games over .500 may not happen anytime soon..
                  sigpic

Comment

And now it's off to Oakland, so that 10 games over .500 may not happen anytime soon..
                    It's funny how oakland is returning the favor of us owning them just a few seasons ago. I will be happy with one win out of this to be honest

Comment

It's funny how oakland is returning the favor of us owning them just a few seasons ago. I will be happy with one win out of this to be honest

As crazy as that sounds, I'm in full agreement. With Tanaka not scheduled to take the mound this weekend, I'll sign up for 1 out of 3 in a heartbeat!
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, we got our one win last night.. Now lets see if we can get another win this weekend in Oakland!
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, we got our one win last night.. Now lets see if we can get another win this weekend in Oakland!
                          Haha you got that right. That's one the best Phelps starts I ever saw. Had the split screen going with this and the hockey game.

Comment

Haha you got that right. That's one the best Phelps starts I ever saw. Had the split screen going with this and the hockey game.

The Stanley Cup Finals hockey game was too exciting to turn away from, but during commercials, it was nice to see Phelps and the Yankees cruising along.

Power delay tonight in Oakland.. WTH?
                            sigpic

Comment

• The Yankees will be facing a former Long Island standout tonight from Patchogue Medford, Marcus Stroman. He shot up to the Majors pretty quickly.

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?p...level='ALL'
                              sigpic

Comment

• Do the Yankees possibly have another solid starter in their rotation now?? (Chase Whitley)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X