2014 NEW YORK YANKEES:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Good thing you became a Sox fan in 2004 eh?

Maybe you were a Pats fan from 2000-2004 as well and in 2007 quickly packed up your Brady jersey and donned the Tuck. I see you first posted here in 2007.... not a coincidence I'm sure lol.
    Yeah....This is what I'm talking about. The lashing out has to be kind of embarrassing after you think about it.

I hope your team regains some of it's greatness...I really do. I don't want to see my MB friends so unhappy.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Yeah....This is what I'm talking about. The lashing out has to be kind of embarrassing after you think about it.

I hope your team regains some of it's greatness...I really do. I don't want to see my MB friends so unhappy.
      Not sure what you are talking about, so you are a bandwagon fan, so what. A lot of Sox fans are like that. They don't even know who the manager was before Tito. Some dont even know who Tito is anymore.

Only emerging now that the Sox are on a roll, and fading away when they are on a slide.
      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

• Only the Yankees of 2014 could get shut out over 9 innings by one of the worst pitching staffs in all of baseball.
        sigpic

I feel the need......THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE MAVERICK View Post
          Only the Yankees of 2014 could get shut out over 9 innings by one of the worst pitching staffs in all of baseball.

They are driving me crazy tonight!!

Well, at least Derek Jeter became the all-time Yankees leader in doubles tonight, by surpassing Lou Gehrig. Contracts to our "Classy Captain"!!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
            They are driving me crazy tonight!!

Well, at least Derek Jeter became the all-time Yankees leader in doubles tonight, by surpassing Lou Gehrig. Contracts to our "Classy Captain"!!
            Anything that jeter accomplishes makes my day. Lol at chase headley getting a walk off hit in his first game in pinstripes.
            sigpic

I feel the need......THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE MAVERICK View Post
              Anything that jeter accomplishes makes my day. Lol at chase headley getting a walk off hit in his first game in pinstripes.

Looked like it wasn't going to be an UGLY, UGLY loss tonight, after that lead off home run in the top of the 13th.

But it turned out to be an ugly win in the bottom of the 14th.

WELCOME TO THE BRONX, MR HEADLEY!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Not sure what you are talking about, so you are a bandwagon fan, so what. A lot of Sox fans are like that. They don't even know who the manager was before Tito. Some dont even know who Tito is anymore.

Only emerging now that the Sox are on a roll, and fading away when they are on a slide.
                What does this mean..."bandwagon fan"?
                I've been a Sox fan since before you were born.

Comment

Bandwagon fan = Coming out when they start winning, mainly in this case, 2004. Most recent example of this was Miami Heat fans.

Maybe you were a fan of the Red Sox before I was born, there were some I am sure, just not as vocal about it and not as supportive... Outside of Boston, prior to 2004, it was rare to see a Red Sox hat. Now, they come in 20 different shades of pink.

Comment

Bandwagon fan = Coming out when they start winning, mainly in this case, 2004. Most recent example of this was Miami Heat fans.

Maybe you were a fan of the Red Sox before I was born, there were some I am sure, just not as vocal about it and not as supportive... Outside of Boston, prior to 2004, it was rare to see a Red Sox hat. Now, they come in 20 different shades of pink.
                    Um....You can hate the Sox...but the Red Sox have the best fans in baseball and always have.
                    The Sox have had a horrible year and they played at home vs. KC this weekend to three sellout crowds.
                    You may not know this but the Red Sox are part of the very fabric of Boston, MA. It's not true of the Pats or the Celtics. There is a bit of that with the Bruins but not near to the extent of the Sox.
                    We've been lucky in that we have had very few seasons since '67 where we haven't been competitive. I think they had like 17 straight winning seasons starting in 67. As a matter of fact the Sox have had a total of 6 sub .500 seasons in the last 47 years. So it's been good for us for my lifetime.

But if you think Sox fans are "bandwagon" fans you honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

I remember watching Yankee doubleheaders in the early 70's at Yankee Stadium where they would have empty houses. I mean less than 10,000 fans. So be careful with all of that.

Comment

Lets not go there.....

Comment

Um....You can hate the Sox...but the Red Sox have the best fans in baseball and always have.
                        The Sox have had a horrible year and they played at home vs. KC this weekend to three sellout crowds.
                        You may not know this but the Red Sox are part of the very fabric of Boston, MA. It's not true of the Pats or the Celtics. There is a bit of that with the Bruins but not near to the extent of the Sox.
                        We've been lucky in that we have had very few seasons since '67 where we haven't been competitive. I think they had like 17 straight winning seasons starting in 67. As a matter of fact the Sox have had a total of 6 sub .500 seasons in the last 47 years. So it's been good for us for my lifetime.

But if you think Sox fans are "bandwagon" fans you honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

I remember watching Yankee doubleheaders in the early 70's at Yankee Stadium where they would have empty houses. I mean less than 10,000 fans. So be careful with all of that.
                        I said "OUTSIDE OF BOSTON". I dont live in Boston, or NY anymore. Where I live, prior to 2004, there were NO and I mean absolutely no Red Sox fans anywhere to be found. After 2004, those hats popped up like crazy and the "die hard" fans emerged from all over. The Red Sox have a HUGE Bandwagon. That is why they bring in so many "fans" to other teams stadiums now, when before 2004, they did not. And yes, the Yankees do have a huge bandwagon as well. But if you cant see the Sox bandwagon for what it is, then I just feel sorry for you man. It is the biggest in baseball right now by far. Not even close. Fake fans who jumped on the wagon while it was riding high. Even most Red Sox fans will admit this, true fans anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Lets not go there.....
                          Well, he is just admitting to being really old lol

Comment

I said "OUTSIDE OF BOSTON". I dont live in Boston, or NY anymore. Where I live, prior to 2004, there were NO and I mean absolutely no Red Sox fans anywhere to be found. After 2004, those hats popped up like crazy and the "die hard" fans emerged from all over. The Red Sox have a HUGE Bandwagon. That is why they bring in so many "fans" to other teams stadiums now, when before 2004, they did not. And yes, the Yankees do have a huge bandwagon as well. But if you cant see the Sox bandwagon for what it is, then I just feel sorry for you man. It is the biggest in baseball right now by far. Not even close. Fake fans who jumped on the wagon while it was riding high. Even most Red Sox fans will admit this, true fans anyway.
                            Well when a team is successful they will always have fans who jump on the bandwagon when they win from all over the place. The Yankees have plenty of fans like that as all other successful teams do. the Packers, Steelers, Lakers, Heat, Canadiens, etc...all have those folks.

I'm talking about real fans who follow the team all the time, like we follow the Giants. ...And real Sox fans are as loyal and dedicated as it gets.

Comment

Well, he is just admitting to being really old lol
                              Theres a good chance he was still a Yankee fan when you were born.

Comment

Well when a team is successful they will always have fans who jump on the bandwagon when they win from all over the place. The Yankees have plenty of fans like that as all other successful teams do. the Packers, Steelers, Lakers, Heat, Canadiens, etc...all have those folks.

I'm talking about real fans who follow the team all the time, like we follow the Giants. ...And real Sox fans are as loyal and dedicated as it gets.
                                Of course, but outside of Boston, its pathetic. Much more than Yankee fans outside of NY. But these new age pink hatters act like complete morons when their team wins a few games and the Yanks are struggling. I hope you arent one of them Morehead. I hate the Red Sox with all my heart, but I respect this 10 year window they opened, with a bunch of PEDs of course lol.. Do you know who the manager was before Tito without googling?

Comment

Working...
                                X