No announcement yet.

2014 NEW YORK YANKEES:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE =BronxBomberBlue;1222283]Mariano Rivera once said of Brien Taylor, (paraphrasing) "he was the most talented pitcher that I ever played with".

If he never got into that bar room brawl, and screwed up his shoulder on that "missed punch". We all might've seen what Mariano was talking about.[/QUOTE]
    He was supposed to be better than even Randy johnson. I remember stacking up on all if his rookie cards.
    sigpic

I feel the need......THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
      Things will definitely change. No way is it going to be a "long 5,6,7 years".

These are the New York Yankees. Not the New York Muts!
      Obviously you are a young one. Missed the 80s? Early 90s? Pre Jeter, Po, Mo, Bernie, Andy? Thats where this team is headed right now. They need an infusion of young talent and stop the rent a players, overpay a platers on a too long contract type deals.
      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        Obviously you are a young one. Missed the 80s? Early 90s? Pre Jeter, Po, Mo, Bernie, Andy? Thats where this team is headed right now. They need an infusion of young talent and stop the rent a players, overpay a platers on a too long contract type deals.
        They must have missed the Joe Pepitone/Horace Clarke/Jerry Kenny era as well.

Oh yeah.....and Celerino Sanchez. the "savior" of Yankee greatness.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Yankees were terrible for a long time I get that sense we are again. The team is stuck with long term bad contracts all over the place. We gave Ellisbury way to much money, the guy was worth his contract 1 season in 2011. His on base percentage is so low its negates the value of his speed, terrible, Beltrans always hurt what a surprise, who couldnt see that coming , Only the Yankees I guess. The only deal I liked this summer was Mcann and thats just because there is so few catchers .This team is an utter and complete disaster how is Cashman allowed to keep his job

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            They must have missed the Joe Pepitone/Horace Clarke/Jerry Kenny era as well.

Oh yeah.....and Celerino Sanchez. the "savior" of Yankee greatness.
            Ha, as did I. In all fairness, I think Pepitone had to follow the Dimmagio / Mantle era in the 50s no? Or maybe he played a bit with the older MAntle. Either way, its like the next shortstop for the Yankees, it wont be easy. Robertson is doing a heck of a job though in filling in for Mo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              Yankees were terrible for a long time I get that sense we are again. The team is stuck with long term bad contracts all over the place. We gave Ellisbury way to much money, the guy was worth his contract 1 season in 2011. His on base percentage is so low its negates the value of his speed, terrible, Beltrans always hurt what a surprise, who couldnt see that coming , Only the Yankees I guess. The only deal I liked this summer was Mcann and thats just because there is so few catchers .This team is an utter and complete disaster how is Cashman allowed to keep his job
              See, I actually like the Ellsbury deal, for the first 3 years. After that, its like the Tex deal. I didnt like the McCann deal at all. Not because I dont like McCann, sounds like a swell guy. I just dont think he has the thick skin to handle NY and the fact we have Cervelli, JR Murphy and Gary Sanchez all in the minors who now wont see much unless we keep sticking McCann over at 1st or DH. This team just doesnt learn anymore.

But terrible? No. Maybe from a Yankee standpoint. Could you imagine if the the Yankees finished 69-93 like the Sox? In a bad year, the Yanks win 82 games. And it has nothing to do with payroll because most of the payroll is on the DL.

Comment

See, I actually like the Ellsbury deal, for the first 3 years. After that, its like the Tex deal. I didnt like the McCann deal at all. Not because I dont like McCann, sounds like a swell guy. I just dont think he has the thick skin to handle NY and the fact we have Cervelli, JR Murphy and Gary Sanchez all in the minors who now wont see much unless we keep sticking McCann over at 1st or DH. This team just doesnt learn anymore.

But terrible? No. Maybe from a Yankee standpoint. Could you imagine if the the Yankees finished 69-93 like the Sox? In a bad year, the Yanks win 82 games. And it has nothing to do with payroll because most of the payroll is on the DL.
                Mcann doesnt have a thick skin to handle NY? You thought that before he was signed or in July when his hitting coach in atlanta said it

Dont worry another horrible contract is coming this offseason when give Troy Tulowitzki 10 years 275 million
                Last edited by Redeyejedi; 08-14-2014, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post

The Yankees can still absorb big, bad contracts, as they still have a financial advantage over other teams. The Yankees also get it that it's about "pitching". Something George couldn't grasp back in the 1980's.

It's going to be tougher now because of revenue sharing, and teams can now afford to keep their pitchers, and some of their star players. But as nycsportzfan has recently stated here, they are holding onto their "more prized" prospects now, and are being very aggressive in the international market. So this "long term drought" is just crazy talk, that I don't subscribe to.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2014/7/3...spending-spree
                  sigpic

Comment

• Honestly, you have to feel good as a yankees fan when 80 something wins is a down year. The yankees have 9 games in a row against teams well below .500 against Tampa Bay, Houston, and CWS. If we don't win at least 6 of the 9 games, this season might pretty much be done. After those games, we play directly against our competition for the last wildcard spot in KC, Detroit, and Toronto.
                    sigpic

Comment

The Yankees can still absorb big, bad contracts, as they still have a financial advantage over other teams. The Yankees also get it that it's about "pitching". Something George couldn't grasp back in the 1980's.

It's going to be tougher now because of revenue sharing, and teams can now afford to keep their pitchers, and some of their star players. But as nycsportzfan has recently stated here, they are holding onto their "more prized" prospects now, and are being very aggressive in the international market. So this "long term drought" is just crazy talk, that I don't subscribe to.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2014/7/3...spending-spree
                      The yankees are not a rebuild type of team. They are a reload and retool type. The yankees, being the worldwide brand that they are, generate way more money than any other baseball team and it's not even close.
                      sigpic

Comment

You obviously have a bad memory, because I told you how old I was in a previous thread. I'll give you a hint. I saw my very first "home" Yankee game at SHEA STADIUM. You still think I'm an obvious young one?

All you do is complain and be NEGATIVE about the New York Yankees. Do they ever do anything right in your eyes??
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by PETE MAVERICK View Post
                          Honestly, you have to feel good as a Yankees fan when 80 something wins is a down year.

+1
                          sigpic

Comment

Ha, as did I. In all fairness, I think Pepitone had to follow the Dimmagio / Mantle era in the 50s no? Or maybe he played a bit with the older MAntle. Either way, its like the next shortstop for the Yankees, it wont be easy. Robertson is doing a heck of a job though in filling in for Mo.
                            My first crush as a boy was for Denise Pepitone in 6th grade in Madison CT.
                            She was Joe Pepitone's niece.

Comment

You obviously have a bad memory, because I told you how old I was in a previous thread. I'll give you a hint. I saw my very first "home" Yankee game at SHEA STADIUM. You still think I'm an obvious young one?

All you do is complain and be NEGATIVE about the New York Yankees. Do they ever do anything right in your eyes??
                              Sounds young to me.

I was at Yankee Stadium on June 9th, 1968. Just a few days after the Bobby Kennedy assassination. Bat Day doubleheader. I got a Tom Tresh and my brothers both got Steve Whitaker bats.

Comment

Then why did you say what you said? The Yankees have had long spells of garbage before and look to be headed that way again unless they do some thing about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X