X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheAnalyst
    started a topic 2014 NEW YORK YANKEES:

2014 NEW YORK YANKEES:

I feel like this squad may be trying to win with pitching rather than hitting.

Some predictions for 2014-

I think Tanaka and Pineda will be very solid. Very very solid in fact.

Ellsbury will get hurt, its going to happen. Probably have a few DL stints.

The range in the middle of the diamond will be a huge issue.

The best hitter on the Yankees by the end of the year will be Carlos Beltron.

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    No
    Not sure who they would bring in and where they would play them...

I doubt they go after The Panda, but he isnt a power hitter anyway. They should njust keep Headley for 3rd. Tulo wont be coming here to play SS. Tex probably will have the most HRs again if he is healthy some of the season. Prado at 2nd. McCann is the C. Ells, Gardner and Beltran in the OF...

Leave a comment:

• BronxBomberBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Arod?
    No

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    Hopefully the best power hitter on the Yankees next season will be a player that wasn't wearing pinstripes last season.
    Arod?

Leave a comment:

• BronxBomberBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Probably the best power hitter on the team still

Hopefully the best power hitter on the Yankees next season will be a player that wasn't wearing pinstripes last season.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    I doubt it anymore. Tex is. Arod will be rusty as hell and really has no motivation to work out while he was out for a year....

Leave a comment:

• Redeyejedi
    replied
    ARod suspension is officially over. 3 years, $61M left on the contract....

Good grief... I hope he goes roiding with Free Pass Papi again.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    ARod suspension is officially over. 3 years, $61M left on the contract....

Good grief... I hope he goes roiding with Free Pass Papi again.

Leave a comment:

• BronxBomberBlue
    replied
    Ive seen Austin play, and liked what I saw. Havent seen Bird or Judge play, but know of Judges power. Hope the kid works out.

Bronx, what is your take on those 3?

Still too early to tell, especially since none of them have reached the triple AAA level yet, but if two of the three pan out, I'll be very happy.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Ive seen Austin play, and liked what I saw. Havent seen Bird or Judge play, but know of Judges power. Hope the kid works out.

Bronx, what is your take on those 3?

Leave a comment:

• BronxBomberBlue
    replied
    SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Greg Bird has not been to the new Yankee Stadium, but he said he drove past the old one.

Despite not treading on the hallowed ground in the Bronx, he has that Yankees feeling.
    Bird is an up-and-coming first baseman who might be next in line to take over after Mark Teixeira leaves in a few years. He divided his time between Class A Advanced Tampa and Double-A Trenton in 2014 and had a solid season. Read more.

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...er-of-the-week

Scottsdale's lineup had a distinctly Yankees look Saturday with Aaron Judge, Greg Bird and Tyler Austin hitting consecutively in the heart of the order. For good measure, Dante Bichette Jr. was also in the lineup, hitting seventh.

Judge, Bird and Austin, the Yankees' Nos. 5, 11 and 15 prospects, lived up to the Bronx Bombers nickname and powered Scottsdale to a 12-3 victory at Glendale. Each homered and scored two runs in the win. Read more.

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...n-homer-in-afl

NEW YORK -- Power-hitting Yankees outfield prospect Aaron Judge has been selected to represent the East Division in the Arizona Fall League's Fall Stars Game, which can be seen at 8 p.m. ET on MLB Network and MLB.com on Nov. 1 at Salt River Fields in Scottsdale, Ariz.

Rosters are selected by scouting and farm directors from every Major League organization, in consultation with Arizona Fall League Director Steve Cobb and his baseball personnel staff. Each organization is offered the opportunity to be represented by at least one player.
    Judge, 22, is ranked as Yankees' No. 5 prospect by MLB.com. He posted a split line of .250/.311/.475 in his first 10 Fall League games, spanning 40 at-bats, with three doubles, two home runs and nine RBIs. Judge worked four walks and struck out nine times.
    The 32nd overall selection in the 2013 First-Year Player Draft, the 6-foot-7, 230-pound Judge split this past season with Class A Charleston and Tampa. Read more.

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...all-stars-game

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by L.T.56 View Post
    you make good points but it's just not the yankees m.o. they want a chance to win the whole thing every single year. they're not content on starting all over.
    Then they are content on being a .500 at best baseball team for a while. I understand that it isnt the Yankees way, but these are the years that they really could use a change in stratagy. CC is a waste for the next 2 years. Arod for 3. Maybe they can squeeze something out of Tex. Who knows. I see a big void for the next couple of years though.

Leave a comment:

• BronxBomberBlue
    replied
    Well now they dont have .300BA's or 30 HR hitters.The Yankees didnt have 1 .300 hitter that played everyday this season. The highest BA was Ichiro who is 58 year old at .284. I dont think u guys grasp how bad the position player situation is on this team. Who is the best player on the team? Ellisbury who isnt even top 5 at his position

+1

Leave a comment:

• L.T.56
    replied
    Oh no, I agree. Which is why resigning Cashman to me is mind boggling. I didnt like the McCann and Ellsbury deals. I wanted to get young and sacrifice a season or 2. The whole team needs to be turned over. Now with Ells, we have another terrible contract for another 6 years. If you think its bad now, wait until year 3-4 and on...And I thought we had a couple catchers in the minors that were supposed to emerge, but we signed McCann...
    you make good points but it's just not the yankees m.o. they want a chance to win the whole thing every single year. they're not content on starting all over.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Well now they dont have .300BA's or 30 HR hitters.The Yankees didnt have 1 .300 hitter that played everyday this season. The highest BA was Ichiro who is 58 year old at .284. I dont think u guys grasp how bad the position player situation is on this team. Who is the best player on the team? Ellisbury who isnt even top 5 at his position
    Oh no, I agree. Which is why resigning Cashman to me is mind boggling. I didnt like the McCann and Ellsbury deals. I wanted to get young and sacrifice a season or 2. The whole team needs to be turned over. Now with Ells, we have another terrible contract for another 6 years. If you think its bad now, wait until year 3-4 and on...And I thought we had a couple catchers in the minors that were supposed to emerge, but we signed McCann...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X