Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Jets acquire Peyton Manning in off-season, would you, as a Giant Fan...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If the Jets acquire Peyton Manning in off-season, would you, as a Giant Fan...

Peyton's trade value and the subsequent success it should bring the Colts franchise is most definitely worth $28M if you ask me. </P>

Comment

Re: If the Jets acquire Peyton Manning in off-season, would you, as a Giant Fan...

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I don't know why but I have this gut feeling that Peyton will follow the footsteps of another great QB and end his career as a Kansas City Chief. Romeo Crennel and the Hunt family are a bit more respectable than Rex Ryan and Woody Johnson. Wow, the AFC West would be a pretty exciting division then.

Old man Peyton and the Chiefs
      Baby Jesus and the Broncos
      Rivers and the Chargers
      We-can't-make-up-our-minds Raiders[/quote]

I really like the Chiefs, I think they are the next great defense in the NFL. They don't have much going on at QB and had a lot of injuries this year, and they still finished pretty strong. Throw in a healthy jamal charles, a healthy eric berry, and Peyton throwing to Bowe? I never thought I'd describe the Chiefs as 'scary', but wow.

Comment

I'm not sure how the Giants/Jets scenario works so I ask this simply out of curiosity. I know the Giants and Jets play in the same stadium, but being that the two teams play in separate conferences, wouldn't that mean the two teams would only play each other once out of every 4 years? If that's the case, how would Peyton becoming a Jet be treading on Eli's turf? I mean if the greater New York Metropolitan area wasn't big enough for 2 professional football teams they wouldn't have 2, I'd imagine, so wouldn't New York be big enough then to accomodate 2 superstar QB's from the same family? Meaning, isn't there enough turf for both of them? Again, just asking out of curiosity.

Comment

Yea, then Peyton would make Rex shut up. At least then the jet fans could finally connect to us with a good QB like we have in Eli. beside I liked the Chad Pennington- Jon Vilma- Mangini/Herman Edwards Jets of 2000-2008. Jet fans will I bet calm down with Manning in charge. I bet Manning will say somthing like "Listen, Jet fans and the entire organization, DONT SAY A WORD. I operate by that way and that is how you win championships so Shut up Rex"

Comment

I'm rooting for this move to happen. Remember when we won the SB and the Jets acquired Favre and some Giants claimed they were happy because that really took them out of the spotlight?

Well when we win the SB this year, the Jets can take over the spot light again.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I don't know why but I have this gut feeling that Peyton will follow the footsteps of another great QB and end his career as a Kansas City Chief. Romeo Crennel and the Hunt family are a bit more respectable than Rex Ryan and Woody Johnson. Wow, the AFC West would be a pretty exciting division then. Old man Peyton and the Chiefs Baby Jesus and the Broncos Rivers and the Chargers We-can't-make-up-our-minds Raiders[/quote]lol, where'd you get that sig of me??</P>

I'm the first on the l..</P>

by himself....[:$]</P>
              my beer drinking team has a football problem

Comment

Weird idea but I can see the Jets attempting a trade for Romo.
                My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"]I'm rooting for this move to happen. Remember when we won the SB and the Jets acquired Favre and some Giants claimed they were happy because that really took them out of the spotlight?

Well when we win the SB this year, the Jets can take over the spot light again.[/quote]
                  Giants are always better when not on the front page. Let the jets take all media attention. Make it that much easier for us to win 2 in a row...

Comment

[quote user="hungrrrry"]...then become more supportive of the Jets as we did when he was in Indy out of respect for Eli since Eli became a Giant? Obviously not if we are playing against them but...

...since most Giants fans despise the Jets (and even more-so with Rex in charge)...it seems interesting to ponder...I actually would, I think. I kinda supported them when Brett Favre was there as well as Vinnie Testaverde and I think Payton is one of the best, if not the best, QB in the NFL ever!

Disclaimer: This is speculative so please don't be a dumb-ss and ask for a link![/quote]

I'm guessing they won't change the name to the Peytons so yes, they'd still be the "Little Brother"
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

The thought of this even happening is obsurd.
                      This was all just media crap.

Comment

I cant picture Peyton wanting to play for the Jets

Comment

[link]http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7450673/new-york-jets-chances-luring-peyton-manning-slim-none[/link]

This is exactly what I was thinking. To me Peyton to the Jets goes against everything Peyton represents

Comment

In my opinion, the Dolphins have a much better chance to get Peyton than the Jets..

As Francesca said

1) Peyton doesnt want to play in the cold
                            2) Peyton and Archie won't like the idea of stepping into Eli's turf + Jets reputation as loudmouths (no class)
                            3) 2/3rds of the league will want him (even people who have semi established quarterbacks will consider cost etc)

Peyton definitely should have received the MVP this season in my opinion.

Indianapolis with Peyton is 10-4 at least. Without they can only win 1 game.... I mean, Peyton with ANY type of defense and semi ok talent will bring YOUR franchise deep into the playoffs even if its only for 3 years. Any team, even with a quarterback they think will bring them some success, would be idiots not to consider Peyton..

Oh yeah, the point was something about Jets getting Peyton.. My reply, Miami has a better chance

Comment

[quote user="hungrrrry"]...then become more supportive of the Jets as we did when he was in Indy out of respect for Eli since Eli became a Giant? Obviously not if we are playing against them but... ...since most Giants fans despise the Jets (and even more-so with Rex in charge)...it seems interesting to ponder...I actually would, I think. I kinda supported them when Brett Favre was there as well as Vinnie Testaverde and I think Payton is one of the best, if not the best, QB in the NFL ever! Disclaimer: This is speculative so please don't be a dumb-ss and ask for a link![/quote]I don't think this has anything to do with Eli and our respect for him. Some people will never like the Jets no matter what. I am in the middle. If they had a classy owner, classy coach and classy player I would be happy when they win (except against BIG BLUE). If they were to sign Peyton, they would be one third of the way there. []
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X