• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    The fact that you have a Colombian sweetheart is everything
    ty..
    sigpic

Comment

Have u guys paid attention to what is going on with the 2022 World Cup and all the FIFA corruption. That FIFA members were taking large cash payments to vote for Qatar to host the WC. I think FIFA needs to be disbanded soccer has to be the most corrupt sport in the world. I also have no idea how the groups picked . I cant for the life of me figure out how Mexico who barely got into the WC gets a better group than the US who won Concacaff. The groups in the WC are always horribly uneven. Shouldnt the goal of the WC be to get the best 16 teams into the playoff rounds? Group C is a frickin joke. Columbia is a good squad so is Greece but Columbias 8th ranked world ranking should been the best 2nd pot team should be in their group like Italy instead of Greece #12. Ivory coast and Japan arent even ranked. Meanwhile the US is ranked #13 in the world meaning they should be a 2nd pot team on ranking however they are the 3rd best team in Group D that features the 2nd ranked team and the 4th ranked team. Why is geographical region so important? Doesnt this make more sense.

This WC has 3 Strong groups and 3 joke groups its BS.

Actual Groups for 2014 FIFA World Cup w/FIFA rankings
      Group A: Brazil (3) Croatia (18) Mexico (20) Cameroon (56) – Total 97
      Group B: Spain (1) Chile (14) Netherlands (15) Australia (62) – Total 92
      Group C: Colombia (8) Greece (12) Ivory Coast (23) Japan (46) – Total 89
      Group D: Uruguay (7) Italy (9) England (10) Costa Rica (28) – Total 54
      Group E: Switzerland (6) France (17) Ecuador (26) Honduras (33) – Total 82
      Group F: Argentina (5) Bosnia & Herzegovina (21) Iran (43) Nigeria (44) – Total 113
      Group G: Germany (2) Portugal (4) USA (13) Ghana (37) – Total 56
      Group H: Belgium (11) Russia (19) Algeria (22) South Korea (57) – Total 109

Vinny’s Proposed Groups for 2014 FIFA World Cup w/FIFA rankings
      Group A: Spain (1) France (17) Croatia (18) Australia (62) – Total 98
      Group B: Germany (2) Netherlands (15) Russia (19) South Korea (57) – Total 93
      Group C: Brazil (3) Chile (14) Mexico (20) Cameroon (56) – Total 93
      Group D: Portugal (4) USA (13) Boznia & Herzegovina (21) Japan (46) – Total 84
      Group E: Argentina (5) Greece (12) Algeria (22) Nigeria (44) – Total 83
      Group F: Switzerland (6) Belgium (11) Ivory Coast (23) Iran (43) – Total 83
      Group G: Uruguay (7) England (10) Ecuador (26) Ghana (37) – Total 80
      Group H: Colombia (8) Italy (9) Costa Rica (28) Honduras (33) – Total 78
      Last edited by Redeyejedi; 06-15-2014, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Well Redeyejedi, Qatar has the third largest oil and natural gas reserves in the world. There are a ton of beyond-rich people over there who can bribe in their sleep. I don't think Mexico has an easier group than the USA with Brazil and Croatia left to play. Netherlands (15) just completely boned Spain (1) and Costa Rica (28) dominated Uruguay (7). FIFA rankings can be treated the same way as NFL power rankings.

Also, according to FIFA, teams that win their World Cup opener have an 85% chance of moving onto the knockout rounds. USA is opening up against nemesis Ghana, not a top 5 powerhouse team. It is going to be crucial for them to start off with a revenge victory over Ghana and the 3 points in the group.
        Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 06-15-2014, 01:57 PM.

Comment

soccer = gay football

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            Have u guys paid attention to what is going on with the 2022 World Cup and all the FIFA corruption. That FIFA members were taking large cash payments to vote for Qatar to host the WC. I think FIFA needs to be disbanded soccer has to be the most corrupt sport in the world. I also have no idea how the groups picked . I cant for the life of me figure out how Mexico who barely got into the WC gets a better group than the US who won Concacaff. The groups in the WC are always horribly uneven. Shouldnt the goal of the WC be to get the best 16 teams into the playoff rounds? Group C is a frickin joke. Columbia is a good squad so is Greece but Columbias 8th ranked world ranking should been the best 2nd pot team should be in their group like Italy instead of Greece #12. Ivory coast and Japan arent even ranked. Meanwhile the US is ranked #13 in the world meaning they should be a 2nd pot team on ranking however they are the 3rd best team in Group D that features the 2nd ranked team and the 4th ranked team. Why is geographical region so important? Doesnt this make more sense.

This WC has 3 Strong groups and 3 joke groups its BS.

Actual Groups for 2014 FIFA World Cup w/FIFA rankings
            Group A: Brazil (3) Croatia (18) Mexico (20) Cameroon (56) – Total 97
            Group B: Spain (1) Chile (14) Netherlands (15) Australia (62) – Total 92
            Group C: Colombia (8) Greece (12) Ivory Coast (23) Japan (46) – Total 89
            Group D: Uruguay (7) Italy (9) England (10) Costa Rica (28) – Total 54
            Group E: Switzerland (6) France (17) Ecuador (26) Honduras (33) – Total 82
            Group F: Argentina (5) Bosnia & Herzegovina (21) Iran (43) Nigeria (44) – Total 113
            Group G: Germany (2) Portugal (4) USA (13) Ghana (37) – Total 56
            Group H: Belgium (11) Russia (19) Algeria (22) South Korea (57) – Total 109

Vinny’s Proposed Groups for 2014 FIFA World Cup w/FIFA rankings
            Group A: Spain (1) France (17) Croatia (18) Australia (62) – Total 98
            Group B: Germany (2) Netherlands (15) Russia (19) South Korea (57) – Total 93
            Group C: Brazil (3) Chile (14) Mexico (20) Cameroon (56) – Total 93
            Group D: Portugal (4) USA (13) Boznia & Herzegovina (21) Japan (46) – Total 84
            Group E: Argentina (5) Greece (12) Algeria (22) Nigeria (44) – Total 83
            Group F: Switzerland (6) Belgium (11) Ivory Coast (23) Iran (43) – Total 83
            Group G: Uruguay (7) England (10) Ecuador (26) Ghana (37) – Total 80
            Group H: Colombia (8) Italy (9) Costa Rica (28) Honduras (33) – Total 78
            Mainly because the world rankings are bunk. Many teams ranked lower than the US, are better. Without question.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
              Mainly because the world rankings are bunk. Many teams ranked lower than the US, are better. Without question.
              A few are for sure but not that many Netherlands and Chile are , Croatia probably as well after that its a coin flip.

If im the US Id much rather play Croatia than Portugal , they are not beating Germany or Brazil so it doesnt matter. If the USA doesnt take down Ghana by 2 goals I cant see them advancing

Comment

A few are for sure but not that many Netherlands and Chile are , Croatia probably as well after that its a coin flip.

If im the US Id much rather play Croatia than Portugal , they are not beating Germany or Brazil so it doesnt matter. If the USA doesnt take down Ghana by 2 goals I cant see them advancing
                If the US beats Ghana and Portugal, they will move on to the knockout rounds guaranteed and not have to beat Germany in the third game.

Comment

Messi!
                  Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Bosnia got Messi-ed, Argentina beats Bosnia 2-1 and should roll through their rather easy group.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                      Bosnia got Messi-ed, Argentina beats Bosnia 2-1 and should roll through their rather easy group.

I just found out today that Messi is the best soccer, I mean "futbol" player in the world, and is worth around 1/4 of a billion dollars. Plus, his mansion is shaped like the number "10", his uniform number..

I wonder if Eli would do that some day..
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                        I just found out today that Messi is the best soccer, I mean "futbol" player in the world, and is worth around 1/4 of a billion dollars. Plus, his mansion is shaped like the number "10", his uniform number..

I wonder if Eli would do that some day..
                        In his parts of the world, elite soccer players are the top paid athletes. He and Christian Ronaldo, who the US will be facing after Ghana, are the faces of that sport. Both these guys pay homage to Ronaldinho, the once in a generation talent of that sport.

Comment

Plus france and Russia. Ivory Coast.

Comment

USA got a gift today with a 4-0 Germany whipping of Portugal that really helps in Goal differential . Just beat Ghana today a tie against Portugal and we should be through

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                              Plus france and Russia. Ivory Coast.
                              Probably France , no way is Ivory Coast better , Mexico killed them not that long ago

Comment

Probably France , no way is Ivory Coast better , Mexico killed them not that long ago
                                This.team has very little talent

Comment

Working...
                                X