Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 FIFA World Cup Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 30 seconds of keep away and Michael Bradley gives the ball away...then Ronaldo who was THREATENING the entire second half smacks that nice pass and bang.

    2-2 draw and 4 points.

    the Germany game is a must win now.


    NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

    Comment


    • Comment


      • Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
        30 seconds of keep away and Michael Bradley gives the ball away...then Ronaldo who was THREATENING the entire second half smacks that nice pass and bang.

        2-2 draw and 4 points.

        the Germany game is a must win now.
        No it isnt. They can always tie and advance, but there still is the option of losing (not getting blown out) and still advancing as well. This tie wasnt as bad as it feels because of how close they were to winning. The US are still in good shape though.
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          No it isnt. They can always tie and advance, but there still is the option of losing (not getting blown out) and still advancing as well. This tie wasnt as bad as it feels because of how close they were to winning. The US are still in good shape though.
          The way that game ended was so embarrassing.
          It would have been so much worse, but man we were beating our chests that last minute. Running half speed, not giving a ****.
          Mood: WOOF!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            No it isnt. They can always tie and advance, but there still is the option of losing (not getting blown out) and still advancing as well. This tie wasnt as bad as it feels because of how close they were to winning. The US are still in good shape though.
            We did so far what I thought we needed to do to advance before the tournament. The problem is I thought Germany was going to beat Ghana eliminating them and making this game next to meaningless for Germany. The Ghana tie was a killer had Germany won we would basically be through already because of the goal diff

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              The way that game ended was so embarrassing.
              It would have been so much worse, but man we were beating our chests that last minute. Running half speed, not giving a ****.
              it remained me of when a hockey team is down a goal and has on the extra attacker & you see a barrage of shots on goal in a flurry to tie the game. USA put itself in that position by decided to go on defense and protect the lead
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

              # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

              1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

              ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                The way that game ended was so embarrassing.
                It would have been so much worse, but man we were beating our chests that last minute. Running half speed, not giving a ****.
                Michael Bradley supposedly the USA's best player has been embarrassing . The guy is supposed to be the teams best creator and all I see is him losing possession , poor through balls, missing point blank scoring opportunities, I mean WTF. He was pathetic against Ghana overall he was better against Portuagal but he had 2 back breaking plays that decided the game.. If they dont advance its on him

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                  Michael Bradley supposedly the USA's best player has been embarrassing . The guy is supposed to be the teams best creator and all I see is him losing possession , poor through balls, missing point blank scoring opportunities, I mean WTF. He was pathetic against Ghana overall he was better against Portuagal but he had 2 back breaking plays that decided the game.. If they dont advance its on him
                  Yes he had their keeper best all he had to do was wait a half second and kick to the other side of the goal. He had keeper committed and going to his right and had whole left side open and kicked it right at him..

                  Giving up that ball at that point is inexcusable. You don't try to get fancy there with your feet to keep it from the opponent. You just clear it by kicking the **** out of it as far towards their goal as you can and the result would of be game over as they wouldn't have had time to mount another rush
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                  # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                  1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                  ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                    Michael Bradley supposedly the USA's best player has been embarrassing . The guy is supposed to be the teams best creator and all I see is him losing possession , poor through balls, missing point blank scoring opportunities, I mean WTF. He was pathetic against Ghana overall he was better against Portuagal but he had 2 back breaking plays that decided the game.. If they dont advance its on him
                    No wonder
                    Portugal had the ball for the majority of the last 5 minutes. I'm like wtf can't we keep this ball and just dribble it out to death?
                    Our possession was so ****ed.
                    Mood: WOOF!

                    Comment


                    • discretion the better part of valour he should have kicked the ball in the corner and play territory

                      Still think ye will go through

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        No wonder
                        Portugal had the ball for the majority of the last 5 minutes. I'm like wtf can't we keep this ball and just dribble it out to death?
                        Our possession was so ****ed.
                        Yes all the had to do was play keep away like they had done so many times already during the Match and it was over
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                        # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                        1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                        ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Krusty View Post
                          discretion the better part of valour he should have kicked the ball in the corner and play territory

                          Still think ye will go through
                          High percent that we do. But would of been nice to have the pressure off and allow some of the guys with dinges to take the day off
                          Last edited by miked1958; 06-23-2014, 02:44 PM.
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                          # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                          1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                          ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Krusty View Post
                            discretion the better part of valour he should have kicked the ball in the corner and play territory

                            Still think ye will go through
                            I don't think they'll go through. They should have beat a weak and wounded Portugal team. Now the play Germany who's no joke AND a Ghana team right on their heels. Doesn't look good.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sundown View Post
                              I don't think they'll go through. They should have beat a weak and wounded Portugal team. Now the play Germany who's no joke AND a Ghana team right on their heels. Doesn't look good.
                              my feeling as well I thought we had trouble when Germany didnt eliminate Ghana

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                                Michael Bradley supposedly the USA's best player has been embarrassing . The guy is supposed to be the teams best creator and all I see is him losing possession , poor through balls, missing point blank scoring opportunities, I mean WTF. He was pathetic against Ghana overall he was better against Portuagal but he had 2 back breaking plays that decided the game.. If they dont advance its on him
                                I hope the new york city football club stays clear of him when they get the team together.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X