Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

27 Million American watched the World Cup Final...the next day 27 watched the Yankees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Baseball should be declared dead and relegated to the smithsonian. A slow game born and flourished in a bygone era

Yes, whatever you say, soccer boy.
    sigpic

Comment

The evolution of Baseball ended with Babe Ruth.......without him the game is nothing

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        I dont think it sucks, but there is way too much dumbness in the sport to really matter much to us. The offsides rule is one of the worst in sports, FIFA is more corrupt than all other sports combined, and the flopping by these fragile weak players is pathetic. Clean it up, it would be better. Make a line for offsides like hockey if you dont want players hovering around the goal. Give a yellow card to floppers instead of just ignoring it.
        I think the Hockey line thing is a good idea , ive seen it raised more than once. I thought the earlier rounds had some good play but the knockout rounds get very boring for me. Goal scoring basically stops , if u remove the Germany Brazil 7-1 game from the totals which is a 100 year anomaly the scoring per game in the knockout rounds drops to 1.5. Basically im sitting watching the game until a shootout starts, which I can't stand

I think indoor soccer is played with that type of offsides rule
        Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-16-2014, 09:06 AM.

Comment

play Baltimore LOL
          Why would u compare TV results from a game with international competition played every 4 years against a MLB regular season game where 9720 games are played in that time span.

Comment

Offsides was put in to stop basket hanging

I don't see anyone shutting down the NBA because of the occasional hanger......it would make the sport much more interesting, more strategy and certainly higher scoring, which it desperately needs

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              Why would u compare TV results from a game with international competition played every 4 years against a MLB regular season game where 9720 games are played in that time span.
              just to bust his balls

Comment

Look at his mentality. He's all about promoting his personal hatred towards the New York Yankees, and doesn't care about the facts, or common sense. When it comes to the popularity of MLB.
                sigpic

Comment

just to bust his balls

You're not busting my balls. You're just making yourself look like an idiot.
                  sigpic

Comment

case closed

Comment

Because he doesn't think like an intelligent person.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post

I see a lot of people here feel that way about him.
                        sigpic

Comment

Is there any other sport, besides soccer, where you can't use your hands? That's the part that I don't get - how do you create a sport for humans that does not allow them to use their most achieved body part? I mean, it's a fine sport for elephants or donkeys that don't have hands...

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                            Of course he does - he knows exactly how to get under people's skin.

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                            Is there any other sport, besides soccer, where you can't use your hands? That's the part that I don't get - how do you create a sport for humans that does not allow them to use their most achieved body part? I mean, it's a fine sport for elephants or donkeys that don't have hands...
                            Makes as much sense as calling a sport where you can use your hands but not your feet "football", huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                              Makes as much sense as calling a sport where you can use your hands but not your feet "football", huh?
                              Pretty much what my wife keeps saying, although there are the kickoffs, punting, and field goals. I don't know what other term could be used, really - since there are so many facets to the game?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                                Pretty much what my wife keeps saying, although there are the kickoffs, punting, and field goals. I don't know what other term could be used, really - since there are so many facets to the game?
                                The word just seems to get dumped on every country's dominant ball sport, I really don't think there's much science behind it. Soccer/Association Football also has elements of actual ball-handling...

"Touchdown" is another odd one as the ball doesn't actually need to be touched down.

Comment

Working...
                                X