Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

27 Million American watched the World Cup Final...the next day 27 watched the Yankees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The word just seems to get dumped on every country's dominant ball sport, I really don't think there's much science behind it. Soccer/Association Football also has elements of actual ball-handling...

"Touchdown" is another odd one as the ball doesn't actually need to be touched down.
    When the touchdown was introduced into American football in 1876, it did not award a score; instead, it only allowed the offense the chance to kick for goal by placekick from a spot along a line perpendicular to the goal line and passing through the point where the ball was touched down, or through a process known as a "punt-out", where the attacking team would kick the ball from the point where it was touched down to a teammate. If the teammate could fair catch the ball, he could follow with a try for goal from the spot of the catch, or resume play as normal (in an attempt to touchdown the ball in a spot more advantageous for kicking).
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...0102340AAFgdmD
    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

When the touchdown was introduced into American football in 1876, it did not award a score; instead, it only allowed the offense the chance to kick for goal by placekick from a spot along a line perpendicular to the goal line and passing through the point where the ball was touched down, or through a process known as a "punt-out", where the attacking team would kick the ball from the point where it was touched down to a teammate. If the teammate could fair catch the ball, he could follow with a try for goal from the spot of the catch, or resume play as normal (in an attempt to touchdown the ball in a spot more advantageous for kicking).
      https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...0102340AAFgdmD

That's unbelievable! So if Victor Cruz went back in time, he would have wait until the field goal was kicked, to see points on the board - and then do his salsa dance?
      For some reason, I rarely hear anyone talk about the early days of Football, like we do baseball. Although there must have been threads on here about it?

Comment

Working...
      X