Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 NFL Draft will not be in New York City.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 NFL Draft will not be in New York City.

Leave it to Dolan who owns Radio City, to screw things up for NYC.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1871386
    sigpic

Oh well. We forfeit the NFL Draft for a SB Title in NYC of the giants version. Not that green team
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

For some reason I was guessing Nawwlins. I guess Chicago needs some good pub and the NFL is lending a hand. Glad I'm not a cop in that city. It was a great place to visit, but its been a long time since I've been there. It will be weird not having it in NYC.
      # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Maybe they'll only be Chicago Bears fans in the audience, so every other team's draft pick will get heavily booed.

That's what made Radio City special. You had all teams represented by their fans in the audience.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
          Maybe they'll only be Chicago Bears fans in the audience, so every other team's draft pick will get heavily booed.

That's what made Radio City special. You had all teams represented by their fans in the audience.
          Why couldn't the same thing happen in Chicago or LA?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            Why couldn't the same thing happen in Chicago or LA?

It could, I just hope it doesn't. I'm hoping it will be back in NYC, in 2016. Where it belongs.
            sigpic

Comment

Thats a SIN.....and they made up some fantasy story that Radio City was booked........for what? Wilson's new Broadway play "Moon over NY"??

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                Thats a SIN.....and they made up some fantasy story that Radio City was booked........for what? Wilson's new Broadway play "Moon over NY"??
                Didn't you say to someone else earlier not to quit their day job in favor of comedy?

Take your own advice.

And stop obesessing over Wilson, it's creepy as ****.

Comment

I like it. More cities get to experience the draft, which IMO makes it bigger than it already is. Superbowl bounces around, why not the draft?
                  Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                    I like it. More cities get to experience the draft, which IMO makes it bigger than it already is. Superbowl bounces around, why not the draft?
                    Good point.
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I like that it will move from city to city like the SB. I think this will make it even more exciting.
                      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
                        I like that it will move from city to city like the SB. I think this will make it even more exciting.

Nothing beats New York. That's why the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame being in Cleveland sucks.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                          Nothing beats New York. That's why the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame being in Cleveland sucks.
                          I think the reason it sucks is not so much about Cleveland, but just Ohio itself. Ohio is a bland state. Even Delaware is more exciting.

I do like the Draft being moved around though, but I am wondering if times are going to be adjusted due to time zones. Once it makes it to LA is it going to be so late at night that everyone on the East Coast is going to be sleeping?

Comment

It'll be strange not having the draft in N.Y., but it's not the end of the world for it to get moved to another city. But L.A. would probably be a better choice than Chicago.
                            One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                              It'll be strange not having the draft in N.Y., but it's not the end of the world for it to get moved to another city. But L.A. would probably be a better choice than Chicago.
                              Yeah

Nobody wants to get shot.
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                              X