Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smoking weed gets you a year. beating up fiancee gets you two games? ray rice related

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoking weed gets you a year. beating up fiancee gets you two games? ray rice related

I am curious to hear the commissioner's reasoning behind ray rice only getting two games. It just doesn't add up to me. I think the punishment is way too low and that he should have gotten at least a year.
    Last edited by PETE MAVERICK; 07-24-2014, 01:56 PM.
    sigpic

I feel the need......THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!!!!

I agree. Isn't that just stupid ???!!!!
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

maybe if he beat her up while he was high it be 8 games..

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
        maybe if he beat her up while he was high it be 8 games..
        Lol
        sigpic

Comment

Ray Rice is a piece of **** period! I have no respect for a man that beats his wife. Good men don't make that "mistake" like his coach states, BS! 2 games!?!? ****ing hypocrites while the league does nothing on Jim Irsay, smh

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
            I agree. Isn't that just stupid ???!!!!
            The crazy thing about it is that there is video proof of it happening. The system that they have in place is severely unbalanced.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown View Post
              Ray Rice is a piece of **** period! I have no respect for a man that beats his wife. Good men don't make that "mistake" like his coach states, BS! 2 games!?!? ****ing hypocrites while the league does nothing on Jim Irsay, smh
              I can't disagree with this post at all. You don't accidentally knock anyone out. The league really needs to reevaluate their disciplinary actions
              sigpic

Comment

Well you can get a life sentence for getting caught with drugs 3 times, but if you rape a baby then you only get 25. Just makes sense (sarcasm).

Comment

By that I am saying all the punishment systems are wrong and there isn't much we can do about it.

Comment

Looks like they've handed him the standard penalty for a first-time offense. Fair's fair, right? If Rice does this two more times he'll get suspended for a year. Jeez...

I'd have kicked him out of the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                      Looks like they've handed him the standard penalty for a first-time offense. Fair's fair, right? If Rice does this two more times he'll get suspended for a year. Jeez...

I'd have kicked him out of the league.
                      A year ban without pay and mandatory rehab at least. Of course women cry foul a lot just to cash in a lottery ticket, but there is video evidence of this. Whether the woman started it or not, this is jacked up. I doubt a woman of her stature could knock rice out with anything less than a sledgehammer.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PETE MAVERICK View Post
                        A year ban without pay and mandatory rehab at least. Of course women cry foul a lot just to cash in a lottery ticket, but there is video evidence of this. Whether the woman started it or not, this is jacked up. I doubt a woman of her stature could knock rice out with anything less than a sledgehammer.
                        I don't think it's something that's going to fade away. It's going to forever be associated with Rice, and by extension, the league. For that reason I'd be fine with cutting ties with him. I agree that a year without pay should be the minimum for something like this, though.

I just don't think the NFL does enough to stomp out the crap some of their employees get up to.

Comment

Rice should've gotten at least a 4-game suspension, even as a first-time offender. The NFL seems to come down harder on players for failed drug tests than they do for anything else.
                          One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Let me say first what Ray Rice did was completely wrong.

None of us seen what fully happened, none of read the statements & police report. Plus Ray Rice's wife had a personal meeting with Goodell explaining the situation, which probably went real well. Like someone said he's a first-time offender, so I guess with all things they know, 2 games is right to them. The court of law will handle the rest...

Comment

Originally posted by PETE MAVERICK View Post
                              I can't disagree with this post at all. You don't accidentally knock anyone out. The league really needs to reevaluate their disciplinary actions
                              EH, you cant accidentlally knock someone out, but this did not happen. Im very disappointed as I really like Ray Rice. Now, not so much. He should be in jail, yet he got a 2 game suspension. Terrible look for the NFL.

Hey, if we find weed in your system it is twice as bad as you putting your fist through your laies face.

What the hell is wrong with the commisioners of sports these days. They are terrible. I guess $$$ controls everything right?
                              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Working...
                              X