Joe Paterno

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Paterno

Just heard Jo-Pa died at 9:20am or so today. Coached, produced great players at line-backer university, and had tenure and a record that may never be beaten.

Re: Joe Paterno

Sad, heard the news. RIP JOEPA !
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Rest in peace JoePa.. You will be missed.

Comment

May he RIP I wonder how Mike and Mike feel now

stupid IDIOTS

you're not guilty until proven guilty in this country

Comment

He will be remembered by all those children Sandusky molested as the man who allowed it to happen because he never did anything to stop a known child molester from running a children's charity.

Sad but true, this trumps all of his football success, and makes his coaching career meaningless.

Comment

[quote user="BParcells777"]May he RIP I wonder how Mike and Mike feel now

stupid IDIOTS

[/quote]

By the way bud, JoePa admitted to knowing about Sandusky and not doing anything about it. So he is guilty.

Comment

[quote user="Medisleman"]He will be remembered by all those children Sandusky molested as the man who allowed it to happen because he never did anything to stop a known child molester from running a children's charity.*

Sad but true, this trumps all of his football success, and makes his coaching career meaningless.
              [/quote]agreed. He was not a young man to not know what to do. There is no excuse. It was loyalty and one of the few times loyalty should have no barring
              Peace,
              DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

[quote user="Medisleman"]He will be remembered by all those children Sandusky molested as the man who allowed it to happen because he never did anything to stop a known child molester from running a children's charity.*

[/quote]

+1 he earns are part of the shame
                The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

he reported it to his supervisors

he did not personally witness the attacks.....also the witness admitted he left out the details

could he have done more

maybe maybe not.........anything you or I of the mikes say is hearsay

this is why we have a justice system.....Joepa got the lynch mob treatment

Comment

[quote user="BParcells777"]he reported it to his supervisors

he did not personally witness the attacks.....also the witness admitted he left out the details

could he have done more

maybe maybe not.........anything you or I of the mikes say is hearsay

this is why we have a justice system.....Joepa got the lynch mob treatment
                    [/quote]Whatever you need to tell yourself. Imagine if it was one of your kids.

You wouldn't happen to have attended Penn state?
                    Peace,
                    DragonSoul

Comment

Btw the only people who are defending him are the sad people of penn state and alumni. The rest see where he went wrong.

I had not said much about this till we heard more on it. He said himself in an interview he didn't know who to tell. Sorry old bag but you are not a kid or young guy. No excuses for you.

Peace,
                      DragonSoul

Comment

the simple fact that Pedd State relieved him of his duties after they're own internal investigation tells you all you need to know.

it wasn't about what he did.
                        it was about what he didn't do.

it goes back to that old adage about what evil
                        can do when good men do nothing.

he was a God there , he had the power to shut it down....and did not ....he decided his own legacy.

due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                        my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Couldnt care less. Firstly, he lived a good long life, which most of us wont do, and secondly, he did nothing while innocent children were being molested in the schools showers. Its easy to feel bad for a guy who was THIS old and could barely even hear or speak correctly, but it is what it is.

Comment

[quote user="Medisleman"]He will be remembered by all those children Sandusky molested as the man who allowed it to happen because he never did anything to stop a known child molester from running a children's charity.

[/quote]</P>

And it should. There were SEVERAL lives ruined because he looked the other way to save face. It will forver be afactor in their daily decision making. Anyone making light of it has no idea what severe damage it does to someone.....especially to young males,</P>
                            I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

[quote user="BParcells777"]May he RIP I wonder how Mike and Mike feel now

stupid IDIOTS

[/quote]

Huh?

Im sad to see him pass. He was a brilliant coach.

But how does his passing lessen his involvement in this tragedy? Even Joe himself said it was the biggest regret of his life. Mike and Mike's opinions will not change 1 bit.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X