New York Knicks 2016-2017 Thread...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Lol. No way they give up that much for Kyrie. The celts have the best chance to get him and the clippers might sneak in and steal kyrie away. They are willing to trade Deandre jordan and beverly for Kyrie.
    Dont be so sure

Comment

• Any thoughts on the Carmelo to OKC trade? I think that it is a great move by the Knicks to move on and build around KP. The new GM is doing a nice job so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post
        Any thoughts on the Carmelo to OKC trade? I think that it is a great move by the Knicks to move on and build around KP. The new GM is doing a nice job so far.
        I dont know enough about Kanter or McDermotte to say much, but getting rid of Melo was a positive. Hope they got some good value though. The throw in pick is garbage. I thought they could get more picks however. Was hoping for some 1st rounders.
        Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

• Well, looking at the details, it looks like the Knicks just wanted to get rid of Melo for a couple role players. Same old Knicks. 35 wins next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

I dont know enough about Kanter or McDermotte to say much, but getting rid of Melo was a positive. Hope they got some good value though. The throw in pick is garbage. I thought they could get more picks however. Was hoping for some 1st rounders.
            They weren't going to get that much for the Black Hole. Personally, I feel that they just wanted to get rid of him and took the first OK deal that they saw from his updated list of teams. It is gonna be interesting to see If Anthony and Westbrook could share the ball.
            ​​​​​

Comment

• Mc Dermont is on his last year of his rookie contract. Kanter wiil get 20mill this year .Next year his last year is 18.5 mill. Though Kanter can opt out for free agency.

Comment

• At least it's done with. They will now have KP be the focus and build around him. That's fine. I'm interested to see what Ntilikina brings to the table. If he's a legit PG it will help build the roster. I am thinking that the idea is to turn Kanter into something else because C is the one position they didn't need anything. The presence of Kanter would only stunt the growth of Hernan-Gomez.
                sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

• Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                  Mc Dermont is on his last year of his rookie contract. Kanter wiil get 20mill this year .Next year his last year is 18.5 mill. Though Kanter can opt out for free agency.
                  Well, that sounds terrible. So they basically gave Melo away. Great. I'm shocked they didn't get more than a throw away 2nd round pick though. I guess they just pressed the reset button after losing all those #1 picks. I wonder if they will ever be good again or just continue to be the Cleveland Browns of the NBA

Comment

• Kanter is a great back to the basket player the problem is he is one of the worst defenders in the entire league. His advanced stats are sick. He is a plus 9 Orating/drating per 100 possessions. Per 36 numbers 24 and 11. However this one of those times when the eye test outweighs the numbers by a lot. He doesn't fit the modern NBA player as he can't stretch the floor and he can't guard on the perimeter. He will bring buckets and lots of them with elite offensive efficiency and rebounding. The last thing the Knicks needed was another center though. The roster was already top heavy with bigs. Hornaceck wants to play a 3 guard fast paced style how do you do that when you have 4 bigs that have to play, Someone needs to get traded. They really should shop O'Quinn for a 2nd rounder although he isnt the problem its Noah. The money he gets paid the Knicks are going to want to start him and you can't play Kanter and Willy together so what the F do you do.

Noah
                    KP
                    Lee
                    Hardaway
                    Baker

If you follow the money thats probably the lineup that gets sent out there although it makes no sense

It should be

Kanter
                    KP
                    Lance Thomas
                    Hardaway
                    Baker

WIlly
                    O'quinn
                    Beasley
                    Lee
                    Ntkitalana

I mean there is no way to make this roster make sense basically because of a glut of bigs and lack of quality Small forwards and PG's.
                    I am excited thought to see the end of the ball stopping, Carmelo Anthony. We should see some team basketball. It won't be good basketball but the Knicks are moving in the right direction finally. They need to get lucky this draft and get Luka Doncic. He fits the the international theme of the team and he is exactly what this team needs a point Forward.
                    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 09-24-2017, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• No ones wants Noah contracr (3yrs left). Worst move by Jackson. Who were they competing against.
                      Knicis should trade Lee. Good fit for Portland.

Comment

• Someone going to start up a new Knicks thread for 17-18. I don't think I'm qualified enough to start it :-)

And holy moly did you see that Hayward injury? Sooooo Cavs Warriors 3 starts when?

Comment

Someone going to start up a new Knicks thread for 17-18. I don't think I'm qualified enough to start it :-)

And holy moly did you see that Hayward injury? Sooooo Cavs Warriors 3 starts when?
                          That was awful. Knicks might be terrible, but I am happy about the rebuild. Melo is first up, that should be interesting.
                          sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Well, that sounds terrible. So they basically gave Melo away. Great. I'm shocked they didn't get more than a throw away 2nd round pick though. I guess they just pressed the reset button after losing all those #1 picks. I wonder if they will ever be good again or just continue to be the Cleveland Browns of the NBA
                            The 2nd Rounder should be high. We did get Willy in that range. Its the Bulls pick not the Thunders and the Bulls suck worse than the Knicks. Still I get it I think the Knicks should of held Melo a little longer and forced him to go to Portland. I think he would of eventually caved. We didn't get anything good but at least we didn't get Ryan Anderson or the horrible package the Cavs offered. Portland would of gave us Harkless but we would of had to take on Meyers Leonard and his awful contracts. Harkless would of been the SF this roster really needs. We need to hope we get Michael Porter in the draft its the only chance we have

Comment

• So when do they lose their first game, er I mean play their first game? Some teams have played two

Man tough being a Knicks, Giant's, Rangers Fan. And I happen to be at Mets fan as well so a clean sweep of bad teams for me

I will support my wife who's a Yankees fan for Title #28. Hey someone has to represent NY cause the rest of these teams on terrible which is mind boggling. Thst a major city Mecca like ANY can't field winning teams on a consistent basis
                              Last edited by miked1958; 10-19-2017, 01:42 PM.
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X