New York Knicks 2016-2017 Thread...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Knicks 2016-2017 Thread...

New season, new thread. Let's Go Knicks. Rose and Noah added, is Wade in route to NY?
    sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
    New season, new thread. Let's Go Knicks. Rose and Noah added, is Wade in route to NY?
    Looks like it is a possibliity

Howard Off the Board to the Hawks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...ilwaukee-bucks
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Biombo is still out there to be had.

Comment

NYDN says that Wade is just using the Knicks and Bucks as a rouse to bring the Heat around to upping their offer. I believe that. Courtney Lee is apparently their real target at SG. That's still a decent get for them if it happens. The more I see these numbers flying around the more I'm fine with the Knicks moves to this point. Biombo is a horrible fit for the Knicks, he's not a good passer nor can he shoot worth a lick. He's a great rebounder/energy guy though.

Comment

NYDN says that Wade is just using the Knicks and Bucks as a rouse to bring the Heat around to upping their offer. I believe that. Courtney Lee is apparently their real target at SG. That's still a decent get for them if it happens. The more I see these numbers flying around the more I'm fine with the Knicks moves to this point. Biombo is a horrible fit for the Knicks, he's not a good passer nor can he shoot worth a lick. He's a great rebounder/energy guy though.
          With what they just through at Whiteside and bringing in KD. if that somehow happened they would not have space to sign Wade.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE

Comment

Noticed that D. Howard Signed for only 3 Years at 71M.. 1 Year and 1 Million less then the Injury Prone Noah.. I am not so sure they should of went after Howard Instead. If both healthy I would lean toward Howard at this point in their Careers but Howard prob a worse fit for Knicks though.. Just thought it was interesting how much Howard wanted and what he actually got.. and numbers may have scared the knicks away when they paid more for Noah

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

The Knicks Finalized the Deal with C. Lee. Around a 48M Dollar Contract. Wow again too much IMO. 12M a year and to go on the hook for 4 years?? Questionable

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...ee-4-year-deal

Oh and they Guaranteed all 4 Years of the Contract. When will they ever learn.
              Last edited by miked1958; 07-03-2016, 11:13 AM.

4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                The Knicks Finalized the Deal with C. Lee. Around a 48M Dollar Contract. Wow again too much IMO. 12M a year and to go on the hook for 4 years?? Questionable

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...ee-4-year-deal

Oh and they Guaranteed all 4 Years of the Contract. When will they ever learn.
                Again, this is the market value for a mediocre player. Even bench players are getting over 10 mil a year. This has been the best year to be a FA in NBA history.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                  Again, this is the market value for a mediocre player. Even bench players are getting over 10 mil a year. This has been the best year to be a FA in NBA history.
                  and sadly next year will probably be even worse with the Cap going up again.

4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE

Comment

It is too the point where teams in Smaller Markets other then the BIG ONEs will never have a shot a reeling in the Big Fish Making it a League Dominated by the Big Market Teams..

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

I think Courtney Lee is perfect actually. Can shoot well, plays excellent perimeter D and won't be demanding the ball. When you are putting D Rose, Anthony and Porzingis on the court it's better to add a guy that fits in. He's really a well cut puzzle piece for what they are doing. Based on the market, 4/48 is perfectly fair for him. Don't forget that the cap jumps up next year and Rose's contract comes off. They can either re-sign him or look for another big fish. I know there are some risks involved, but I am a big fan of what the Knicks have done here. Noah is an injury risk, but he's also the perfect player for this offense at C. There's not a better passing big man in the league. And he's a true leader, I suspect he might be the most enjoyed player by NYers since Oakley.

Comment

I think Courtney Lee is perfect actually. Can shoot well, plays excellent perimeter D and won't be demanding the ball. When you are putting D Rose, Anthony and Porzingis on the court it's better to add a guy that fits in. He's really a well cut puzzle piece for what they are doing. Based on the market, 4/48 is perfectly fair for him. Don't forget that the cap jumps up next year and Rose's contract comes off. They can either re-sign him or look for another big fish. I know there are some risks involved, but I am a big fan of what the Knicks have done here. Noah is an injury risk, but he's also the perfect player for this offense at C. There's not a better passing big man in the league. And he's a true leader, I suspect he might be the most enjoyed player by NYers since Oakley.
                        Well I will value your Opinion as it seems you know a little more about these players then I do. I hope it all works out and they can be at least a 45 or so win team and get like a 5 Seed and get back into the playoff mix. Then as you said they can parlay that into the next off season and make the team even stronger.

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                          Well I will value your Opinion as it seems you know a little more about these players then I do. I hope it all works out and they can be at least a 45 or so win team and get like a 5 Seed and get back into the playoff mix. Then as you said they can parlay that into the next off season and make the team even stronger.
                          I think that's the plan because wherever KD signs he'll likely do what Lebron did and sign a 1 and 1 so he can cash in again when the market goes up again next season. And it'll give him an exit option should westbrook bolt. Next year's FA class is supposed to be much better than this one so between Rose's contract coming off the books and the cap going up again they'll be able to make some significant moves again.

Because of the max contract set-up, rebuilding teams aren't able to out-bid to get the top tier guys because there is a max to what you can offer. So once you take money out of the equation, all the top level FAs' look at the situations where there is the highest potential to win. It's a funny paradox, in order to elevate your team from lottery to contender you need an elite player, but in order to lure an elite player to your team you need to be a contender. That's why it's a good thing they resigned Melo, now they have him for a relatively fair deal, and it gives them at least that first elite player on the roster. Then they need KP to become that second guy. You need at least one guy you drafted to be a top guy before he gets his big contract so you have that top talent AND cap space to get more top talent.

So, if all goes well, Noah will return to form and they have a guy that was anticipated to be a max player at a medium level contract. If they make the playoffs then it means Rose had a good season, but even he does he's not getting the same money as he's getting now so they'll be able to either flip that space for a top PG on the market or resign him at a lower number and use that extra space to get another supporting player. And they still have their first rounder so they'll get another young talent there hopefully.

Finally, if it call crashes and burns they can always try to tank out the season to get the most out of the pick. If they don't turn the corner this year then I suspect that Melo will start to open up to a trade to a contender at the deadline.
                          All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

You may be right Lee being the perfect fit. But, why six teams in eight years?

Comment

PG- Rose/?
                              SG- Lee/Holiday/Galloway (Not sure if Gallo is returning yet)
                              SF- Melo/?
                              PF- Porzingis/Kyle O'Quinn (I think they're going to try and trade KOQ)
                              C- Noah/Willy Hernangomez

There are still some needs to be filled in the 2nd unit, but this is a team that should definitely be in the playoffs if they remain healthy. I'm excited to see what they try and do for the open spots on the roster
                              sigpic
                              S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                              ________________________________________________________
                              Mock Draft
                              1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                              4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                              6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                              ________________________________________________________
                              Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Working...
                              X