Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Rangers 2016-2017 Thread...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New York Rangers 2016-2017 Thread...

    Gorton's first meaningful move of this offseason. Lands a younger comparable player to Brassard and a 2nd for Brassard. I love Brassard, but it's a pretty saavy deal I must admit. They need to do something to correct the cap situation, good start.

    http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2016/...ejad-and-a-2nd
    sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

  • #2
    http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2016/...four-year-deal

    Outstanding!
    sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

    Comment


    • #3
      Only in NY, a great read from the players tribune:

      http://www.theplayerstribune.com/bri...y-in-new-york/
      sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

      Comment


      • #4
        Vesey deal from Blueshirt Banter, an excellent site if you enjoy Big Blue View. Essentially the same thing, just for the Rangers:

        http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2016/...was-a-big-deal
        sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

        Comment


        • #5
          For those that want a little live taste of Rangers' Hockey, the Traverse City Prospect Tournament is being streamed live at the link below. Ranger vs Hurricanes just started at 4PM EST. Jimmy Vesey among others are in the Rangers' lineup.

          https://www.nhl.com/redwings/video/l...404/c-44667203


          Last edited by darrin99; 09-16-2016, 04:19 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            This Goon trying to end Vesey's season before it starts.

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8gN1p2LuF0

            Vesey came back though, even tied it up in the 3rd with his first as a Ranger:

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8gN1p2LuF0
            sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

            Comment


            • #7
              Solid 5-3 win against the Isles. 3rd period was sloppy for both teams. First snow angel of the season for Girardi, but not his fault on the goal. He actually played well. Pirri and Kreider were great. Penalty Kill looks improved. Crowd was dead most of the game which was odd. Probably due to most real fans being priced out of the building, and a lot of "suits" in the crowd.

              Comment


              • #8
                Definitely a good win to start the season, especially since the Isles give us trouble. A bit of a youth movement out there, I like what I see. That outlet pass from Buchnevic to Kreider for the goal was a beauty, as was Kreider's no look to Pirri.
                sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Rangers look very good offensively without a doubt. The defense isn't very good, but I think most nights that offense will be able to overshadow it. Kreider is playing out of his mind to start the season, playing the way most Rangers fans have always believed that he's capable of. Pretty exciting.
                  sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                    The Rangers look very good offensively without a doubt. The defense isn't very good, but I think most nights that offense will be able to overshadow it. Kreider is playing out of his mind to start the season, playing the way most Rangers fans have always believed that he's capable of. Pretty exciting.
                    7-4 Win over San Jose. Nice bouce back after the 3-2 loss too Blues. I am a bit concerned about giving up so many goals. This is not the Norm for them. Lundqvist giving up 6 Goals in two games and Raanta giving up 4 in one Game. Not Great. But as many have said they are scoring a Ton. But as we saw in the one game they were held too 2 Goals by the Blues they lost. .

                    Hopefully as the season goes on the D gets better.
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      They looked fast last night. Of course its very early in the season.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                        7-4 Win over San Jose. Nice bouce back after the 3-2 loss too Blues. I am a bit concerned about giving up so many goals. This is not the Norm for them. Lundqvist giving up 6 Goals in two games and Raanta giving up 4 in one Game. Not Great. But as many have said they are scoring a Ton. But as we saw in the one game they were held too 2 Goals by the Blues they lost. .

                        Hopefully as the season goes on the D gets better.
                        They ran into a hot goalie in that Blues game, they outplayed the Blues for the last 1.5 periods ridiculously. The Rangers took the last 21 shots of that game. I'm not a big fan of moral victories, but the Rangers knew they played well. If you watch this team, they are going to score lots of goals. Discarded some of the older players to get younger and the impact is the return of speed. The kind of speed that made them one of the NHL's best in 14' and 15'. I don't know if you've been watching the games, but anyone who has Direct TV they are free previewing NHL Game Pass until November 2nd so you can see all games. These kids Vesey and Buchnevic are fast and highly skilled. The addition of Pirri has been better than I would have imagined and the trade for Zibenajad for Brassard is robbery IMO, especially when you consider the Rangers also got a 2nd rounder in that deal. This team is flying and Kreider is looking like a new player with that long term deal under his belt.
                        sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                          They ran into a hot goalie in that Blues game, they outplayed the Blues for the last 1.5 periods ridiculously. The Rangers took the last 21 shots of that game. I'm not a big fan of moral victories, but the Rangers knew they played well. If you watch this team, they are going to score lots of goals. Discarded some of the older players to get younger and the impact is the return of speed. The kind of speed that made them one of the NHL's best in 14' and 15'. I don't know if you've been watching the games, but anyone who has Direct TV they are free previewing NHL Game Pass until November 2nd so you can see all games. These kids Vesey and Buchnevic are fast and highly skilled. The addition of Pirri has been better than I would have imagined and the trade for Zibenajad for Brassard is robbery IMO, especially when you consider the Rangers also got a 2nd rounder in that deal. This team is flying and Kreider is looking like a new player with that long term deal under his belt.
                          Actually I did not know that. I have not seen the games. Just the Highlights. I do have DirectTv and will now look at the upcoming Schedule prior to 11/2 to see what games I can watch.
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                          # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                          1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                          ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                            Actually I did not know that. I have not seen the games. Just the Highlights. I do have DirectTv and will now look at the upcoming Schedule prior to 11/2 to see what games I can watch.
                            Channels like 750 to 780. Red Wings Wednesday night and Caps on Saturday. I think the Wings game is actually on NBCSN though.
                            sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Great read, and that shot by Kreider!!:

                              http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2016/...red-but-didn-t
                              sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X