Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

He wasn't available. He throw threw way too many pitches in the past few days. Plus he hasn't been back that long from his injury. I love me some Betances. He just had a bad night. I will let it slide. The only chinks in Dellin's armor are runners stealing on him at will and his over-reliance of his slider.
    Im not sold on him yet. I dont think he has the mind set for closing. And like you said, he needs to rely on his fast ball more.

Comment

• Yankees waiving the white flag. SELL SELL SELL!

Calling up another top prospect, Miguel Andujar. Im very interested to see this kid. 21 year old 3rd baseman. Looking to the future now.

This could mean a few things:

Headley is about to get jettisoned relocated or benched. Chase may be the DH with Holiday placed on the DL, or to play 1st base if Austin doesnt pick it up and play better than Carter did.

WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Im not sold on him yet. I dont think he has the mind set for closing. And like you said, he needs to rely on his fast ball more.
        I don't think that he is a closer either at this point. He has the stuff to be one, but I agree that he isn't mentally ready.
        sigpic

Comment

• You guys see Andujar last night? Kid looks spectacular. 3-4, 2b, SB, 4 RBIs in his debut? Yes please. Maybe we have a future 3rd baseman already.

Maybe, just maybe, Tanaka has found his groove as well. Im not sold yet, but give me another 2-3 in a row like the last 2 and Ill start thinking that. Funny how he improved right when Pineda and the BP turned into crap.

And Judge just smashes his 27th of the year. Its becoming daily for this kid. Amazing how so far he has been able to sustain this production. Now hitting .333 with 27 HRs and 62 RBIs, and we arent even in July yet. And there was also this: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3286512

The future still looks bright.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            You guys see Andujar last night? Kid looks spectacular. 3-4, 2b, SB, 4 RBIs in his debut? Yes please. Maybe we have a future 3rd baseman already.

Maybe, just maybe, Tanaka has found his groove as well. Im not sold yet, but give me another 2-3 in a row like the last 2 and Ill start thinking that. Funny how he improved right when Pineda and the BP turned into crap.

And Judge just smashes his 27th of the year. Its becoming daily for this kid. Amazing how so far he has been able to sustain this production. Now hitting .333 with 27 HRs and 62 RBIs, and we arent even in July yet. And there was also this: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3286512

Tuesday it was sell sell sell!!!!
            Today it's..."World Series Baby!!!!!"
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Tuesday it was sell sell sell!!!!
              Today it's..."World Series Baby!!!!!"
              Yeah, because what I said screams World Series Baby! I remember the days when you at least tried to be a good troll. Now you just say the same thing after every game. ZzZzZzZz. Come on Bandwagon St, come up with some gold.

Just becasue your Killer B's are struggling to sting, dont be envious of our youth. It looks bad on you.

Comment

• Does anyone know how to get a signature on this site now?

Comment

Yeah, because what I said screams World Series Baby! I remember the days when you at least tried to be a good troll. Now you just say the same thing after every game. ZzZzZzZz. Come on Bandwagon St, come up with some gold.

Just becasue your Killer B's are struggling to sting, dont be envious of our youth. It looks bad on you.
                  Well I'm just having a little fun with you.

I keep waiting for the Sox to break out but I have to accept that this season is going to be a slog until the end. I really wanted a 4 game sweep of the Twins. But the bats just aren't there this year. But the pitching is and that's what is and will continue to save us.
                  I expect about 90 to 93 wins for us. As I said, I expect the Yanks to be round 85 wins. Someone in this division will be under .500 but I have no idea who it'll be.

Comment

Well I'm just having a little fun with you.

I keep waiting for the Sox to break out but I have to accept that this season is going to be a slog until the end. I really wanted a 4 game sweep of the Twins. But the bats just aren't there this year. But the pitching is and that's what is and will continue to save us.
                    I expect about 90 to 93 wins for us. As I said, I expect the Yanks to be round 85 wins. Someone in this division will be under .500 but I have no idea who it'll be.
                    As I am with you. I think the Yankees and Red Sox are about even this year surprisingly. Both will struggle to stay floating against good teams like the Astros or the surging Royals and Indians. Sale, Price, Porcello and Fister and ??? arent even as good as Tanaka, Pineda, Severino and Montgomery. With CC coming back, the Yankees may even have the advantage in pitching. Who knows how that is possible.

The Red Sox are missing that big ST34OID freak in the middle of the lineup for sure though. He probably would be hitting .350 with 31 HRs about now... Sox should trade for Adrian Beltre or just bring up that kid Devers.

Comment

As I am with you. I think the Yankees and Red Sox are about even this year surprisingly. Both will struggle to stay floating against good teams like the Astros or the surging Royals and Indians. Sale, Price, Porcello and Fister and ??? arent even as good as Tanaka, Pineda, Severino and Montgomery. With CC coming back, the Yankees may even have the advantage in pitching. Who knows how that is possible.

The Red Sox are missing that big ST34OID freak in the middle of the lineup for sure though. He probably would be hitting .350 with 31 HRs about now... Sox should trade for Adrian Beltre.
                      Other than Sale, the best starter has been Pomeranz. His breaking ball command has been tremendous since about mid- May. I have to believe that Price will settle in. He's still going through his "spring training" right now. Then ERod, who'll be back in a week or two. So Sale, Price, Porcello, Pomeranz and Erod will be their rotation, barring any injuries.
                      But the bull pen has been great.
                      Kelly and Kimbrel have barely given up anything between them. The only weak link is Barnes. They have been the best BP in baseball this year.

Comment

Other than Sale, the best starter has been Pomeranz. His breaking ball command has been tremendous since about mid- May. I have to believe that Price will settle in. He's still going through his "spring training" right now. Then ERod, who'll be back in a week or two. So Sale, Price, Porcello, Pomeranz and Erod will be their rotation, barring any injuries.
                        But the bull pen has been great.
                        Kelly and Kimbrel have barely given up anything between them. The only weak link is Barnes. They have been the best BP in baseball this year.
                        Ah forgot Pomeranz. Thats right.

Comment

Ah forgot Pomeranz. Thats right.
                          One leftie starter in the rotation in Boston used to be a rarity. Four? That's downright bazaar.

Comment

You guys see Andujar last night? Kid looks spectacular. 3-4, 2b, SB, 4 RBIs in his debut? Yes please. Maybe we have a future 3rd baseman already.

Saw the entire game. Great kid. Wade with his first hit (double), and now comes FOWLER!!!
                            I hope this continues. I don't want rental bats. I want to play kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post

Saw the entire game. Great kid. Wade with his first hit (double), and now comes FOWLER!!!
                              I hope this continues. I don't want rental bats. I want to play kids.
                              WOW! Love Fowler too! The Yankees are making it like Christmas every day! lol 3 days in a row, 3 shiny new prospects! Baby Bombers are truly taking over. I guess Torres would have been called up this year too. Such a shame.

Fowler comes in but who gets sent down? Mason Williams? I wish they would just get rid of Ellsbury someway. Or maybe they found a trade partner for Gardner? Doubt it, but still. Probably Mason Williams, or Greg Bird / Tyler Austin are being scratched with Romine playing decent 1st base.

Comment

WOW! Love Fowler too! The Yankees are making it like Christmas every day! lol 3 days in a row, 3 shiny new prospects! Baby Bombers are truly taking over. I guess Torres would have been called up this year too. Such a shame.

Fowler comes in but who gets sent down? Mason Williams? I wish they would just get rid of Ellsbury someway. Or maybe they found a trade partner for Gardner? Doubt it, but still. Probably Mason Williams, or Greg Bird / Tyler Austin are being scratched with Romine playing decent 1st base.
                                Can any of these guys pitch?

Comment

Working...
                                X