Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Two questions......

1. What happened AFTER June 21st?
    2. Do you think the Yankees play in some strange vacuum and the rest of the league isn't aware of exactly what you and I are?
    He is struggling. So what... It happens to every pitcher. Didnt Kimbrel struggle last year? Doenst change the fact he is a dominant pitcher with nasty stuff and any team would love to have who is gunning for a championship right now.

You are crazy if you dont think teams would try hard to acquire him if he was on the block.

Eh, why do I bother. You said the same last year about Chapman and Miller, thats their best value was with the Yanks. Its just not true if a great deal comes along.
    Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

He is struggling. So what... It happens to every pitcher. Didnt Kimbrel struggle last year? Doenst change the fact he is a dominant pitcher with nasty stuff and any team would love to have who is gunning for a championship right now.

You are crazy if you dont think teams would try hard to acquire him if he was on the block.

Eh, why do I bother. You said the same last year about Chapman and Miller, thats their best value was with the Yanks. Its just not true if a great deal comes along.
      My point isn't that he's not a good pitcher. It's that he is NOT a closer. If a contender trades for him to be their closer they are making a huge mistake.
      If they trade for him as an 8th inning guy, that's a different story.
      The difference between Kimbrel and Betances is that Kimbrel has a closer's mentality. He's a killer. He has a short memory. Betances head can get in the way of his play.
      "Closing" is as much mental as it is about a guy's stuff.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

My point isn't that he's not a good pitcher. It's that he is NOT a closer. If a contender trades for him to be their closer they are making a huge mistake.
        If they trade for him as an 8th inning guy, that's a different story.
        The difference between Kimbrel and Betances is that Kimbrel has a closer's mentality. He's a killer. He has a short memory. Betances head can get in the way of his play.
        "Closing" is as much mental as it is about a guy's stuff.
        Ok, then we agree, with the exception that a team would trade for him to be a closer in a heartbeat. You act like no teams make trade mistakes in desparate situations (if it is or isnt). Like I said, he is going through a funk. He was great as a closer for a month for us early in the year. The way he throws, there is no denying he could easily be that guy again and teams will go after him.

Comment

Ok, then we agree, with the exception that a team would trade for him to be a closer in a heartbeat. You act like no teams make trade mistakes in desparate situations (if it is or isnt). Like I said, he is going through a funk. He was great as a closer for a month for us early in the year. The way he throws, there is no denying he could easily be that guy again and teams will go after him.
          Oh I see...You're counting on stupidity.
          Not the best thing the hang your hat on but go for it.

Comment

Oh I see...You're counting on stupidity.
            Not the best thing the hang your hat on but go for it.
            Not counting on it, but it helps. Team make lopsided trades all the time when the pressure is on. Right now, Washington has a ton of pressure on them to get a game changing relief pitcher. Betances fits that bill. Again, not saying it will happen, but it should.

Comment

Not counting on it, but it helps. Team make lopsided trades all the time when the pressure is on. Right now, Washington has a ton of pressure on them to get a game changing relief pitcher. Betances fits that bill. Again, not saying it will happen, but it should.
              As i said, I hope you get your wish. I don't want to see Betances in the 8th.

Comment

As i said, I hope you get your wish. I don't want to see Betances in the 8th.
                Me too. We could use more Fraziers and Torres's in our farm system.

Comment

• Aaron Judges spray chart.

Look at him showing off even at a HR derby. Who does this?

He was so nice to give fans a chance all over the outfield to grab a souvenir.

Comment

• At the all star break, the Yankees have exceeded my expectations overall. The hot start was great. My buddy the analyst was right in saying that this team would come back to reality. Here are things that I would do in the second half to make our team even better for the future:

1) Trade Gardner or Ellsbury and make the one remaining the 4th outfielder after Hicks gets back. Do not send Frazier down!
                    2) Take Tanaka out of the rotation.
                    3) Put Betances on the trade block and see if a team is desperate enough to give us an B+ prospect at least.
                    4) Bench Headley and play Torreyes at 3b.
                    5) Cut Tyler Clippard
                    6) Trade Pineda to an NL team in a similar way that they traded Ivan Nova.
                    7) Keep Matt Holliday for his bat and the mentoring of the young players.

In other words, sell, sell, sell! In a season where the AL is Houston's to lose (Boston is the only other team with a chance), I do not see the point in being buyers for a wild card spot. This team needs way too much to be an actual contender. Bringing in a mercenary arm or bat is not going to change much.
                    We all that we got!

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                      At the all star break, the Yankees have exceeded my expectations overall. The hot start was great. My buddy the analyst was right in saying that this team would come back to reality. Here are things that I would do in the second half to make our team even better for the future:

1) Trade Gardner or Ellsbury and make the one remaining the 4th outfielder after Hicks gets back. Do not send Frazier down!
                      2) Take Tanaka out of the rotation.
                      3) Put Betances on the trade block and see if a team is desperate enough to give us an B+ prospect at least.
                      4) Bench Headley and play Torreyes at 3b.
                      5) Cut Tyler Clippard
                      6) Trade Pineda to an NL team in a similar way that they traded Ivan Nova.
                      7) Keep Matt Holliday for his bat and the mentoring of the young players.

In other words, sell, sell, sell! In a season where the AL is Houston's to lose (Boston is the only other team with a chance), I do not see the point in being buyers for a wild card spot. This team needs way too much to be an actual contender. Bringing in a mercenary arm or bat is not going to change much.
                      The Yankees have a legit shot to make the playoffs. I don't get you guys. I hope they do what you want them to do of course because it would be good for the Red Sox.

Comment

The Yankees have a legit shot to make the playoffs. I don't get you guys. I hope they do what you want them to do of course because it would be good for the Red Sox.
                        I think the last years proved our point. Last year was a great year for the organization. they got younger and built the farm for the long run. In fact, they called up the youth last year and got much better. A couple years ago we made the playoffs and got swiped. It was a waste. We knew we didn't belong. Same this year. If we get in the WC game we will be eliminated. If we get into a playoff series, we don't have the pitching to compete. The team isn't ready for a deep postseason run. Keep rebuilding until it is.

Comment

Making the wild card is one thing. Having the ability to win the AL is another. THE YANKEES ARE NOT BEATING HOUSTON. I also don't see them beating Cleveland. I know that you don't watch too much Yankees ball, but this team does not have the starting pitching. middle relief, or corner infielders to be competitive in the playoffs. Anyways, I'm not a fan of a team going trade crazy just for a wild card spot. If they were a player or two away from being a legit contender, I would be all for being buyers. The Yankees simply need too much to start making deals in a rebuilding season.
                          We all that we got!

Comment

I think the last years proved our point. Last year was a great year for the organization. they got younger and built the farm for the long run. In fact, they called up the youth last year and got much better. A couple years ago we made the playoffs and got swiped. It was a waste. We knew we didn't belong. Same this year. If we get in the WC game we will be eliminated. If we get into a playoff series, we don't have the pitching to compete. The team isn't ready for a deep postseason run. Keep rebuilding until it is.
                            If you're 15 games under .500 I would see it. The Sox did that a few years ago. But they are right in the middle of contention and it's a betrayal to the fans. Not saying they should be buyers, but to sell off more parts would leave a bad taste with most fans since most (not you guys obviously) are invested in the 2017 team.

Comment

I agree 100%. Why start trading young prospects for mercs in a season that they don't have a chance to win in October?
                              We all that we got!

Comment

If you're 15 games under .500 I would see it. The Sox did that a few years ago. But they are right in the middle of contention and it's a betrayal to the fans. Not saying they should be buyers, but to sell off more parts would leave a bad taste with most fans since most (not you guys obviously) are invested in the 2017 team.
                                I would also be OK with them just staying the course and riding it out with what they have. I'm good as long as they aren't buyers.
                                We all that we got!

Comment

Working...
                                X