Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

If you're 15 games under .500 I would see it. The Sox did that a few years ago. But they are right in the middle of contention and it's a betrayal to the fans. Not saying they should be buyers, but to sell off more parts would leave a bad taste with most fans since most (not you guys obviously) are invested in the 2017 team.
    They are 15 games under .500 since June 13th. This team is toast. Now if they put it together in the next couple of weeks and are neck and neck with the Sox and Rays for the division, maybe I'll have a change of heart. But right now, as I have been telling you and you thought I was crazy, the Yabkees were not that team they were in April May early June. Right now in all in for another fire sale to help us out in 2018 and beyond. Red Sox should win the division but the Rays have been riding high lately. Should be a good race down the stretch. Rays are more set up to win right now than the Yanks.
    I APPLIED TO BE THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

They are 15 games under .500 since June 13th. This team is toast. Now if they put it together in the next couple of weeks and are neck and neck with the Sox and Rays for the division, maybe I'll have a change of heart. But right now, as I have been telling you and you thought I was crazy, the Yabkees were not that team they were in April May early June. Right now in all in for another fire sale to help us out in 2018 and beyond. Red Sox should win the division but the Rays have been riding high lately. Should be a good race down the stretch. Rays are more set up to win right now than the Yanks.
      You quit way too easily. It's a long season.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

You quit way too easily. It's a long season.
        Me quitting on the season doesn't have any effect at all on the Yankees performance at all. And I was dead right last year. If they prove me wrong, go out and buy players, and win the WS, Ill be the first to eat crow.

Again, they are 6-19 since June 13th. Against some bad teams. I have no idea what happened to their bullpen but they blew about 8 or 9 games in that stretch.

Comment

• White Sox still building that farm.

Traded Quintana to Cubs for Eloy and 3 more prospects. Eloy is a stud OF prospect.

I would be very excited if I were a White Sox fan right now.

I thought Houston should have ponied up for him to solidify their rotation for a WS run, but guess not.

Glad the Yanks didnt do the trade.

Probably would cost something like Frazier, Adams, Mateo and Acevedo.
          Last edited by TheAnalyst; 07-13-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...edium=facebook

Yankees make a small trade. I kinda liked Tyler Webb's upside though.
            If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

White Sox still building that farm.

Traded Quintana to Cubs for Eloy and 3 more prospects. Eloy is a stud OF prospect.

I would be very excited if I were a White Sox fan right now.

I thought Houston should have ponied up for him to solidify their rotation for a WS run, but guess not.

Glad the Yanks didnt do the trade.

Probably would cost something like Frazier, Adams, Mateo and Acevedo.
              I am certainly glad that the Yankees did not make that deal. I just hope that they dont turn around and try to trade for Justin Verlander instead. Gerrit Cole is also a real possibility. Gonna be interesting in the Bronx for the next few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

I am certainly glad that the Yankees did not make that deal. I just hope that they dont turn around and try to trade for Justin Verlander instead. Gerrit Cole is also a real possibility. Gonna be interesting in the Bronx for the next few weeks.
                It almost like losing is winning lol. DO NOT TRADE FOR ANYONE!

I like Webb too. Should have traded the other Tyler.

1B Garrett Cooper hit .366, 17 HRs and 82 RBIs in 320 AAA ABs. Sounds to me like they may be looking at Greg Bird insurance. Although he is a righty, those are some very nice stats.

Career in AAA, .337 BA, 22 HRs 102 RBIs, Played 1st base mostly but also 3rd and OF. Plus defense with a .988 fielding %.

Very interesting option here. 6'6'' 230lbs.
                Last edited by TheAnalyst; 07-13-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Please don't do any major deals!!

Comment

1B Garrett Cooper hit .366, 17 HRs and 82 RBIs in 320 AAA ABs. Sounds to me like they may be looking at Greg Bird insurance. Although he is a righty, those are some very nice stats.

Career in AAA, .337 BA, 22 HRs 102 RBIs, Played 1st base mostly but also 3rd and OF. Plus defense with a .988 fielding %.

Yeah, I saw those numbers. They're good enough to Appreciate despite them coming at that AAA level. I agree with your take about Greg Bird. I personally don't see him coming back this year.

Comment

• Isnt it ironic, dont ya think?
                      Greg Bird could be close to making rehab stint

http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...t_id=241980078

WE just traded for a slugging 1B and now all of a sudden, he feels healthier and ready for a rehab stint. Not saying he is milking it, but after the comments that got out about him, this doesnt help his cause.

Comment

• Can't believe people want to trade Betance.

Comment

The guy is a non prospect. Numbers inflated by a tter friendly league, 26 years old already and hasn't cracked the Major Leagues. I hope we catch lightening in a bottle but i doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                            Can't believe people want to trade Betance.
                            I don't want them to either, but they should at least see what they can get in return. Just putting his name out there could get several wheels spinning, especially with the Nationals.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

I don't want them to either, but they should at least see what they can get in return. Just putting his name out there could get several wheels spinning, especially with the Nationals.
                              Maybe Betances for Harper?.........HMMM.....

I crack myself up!!
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Maybe Betances for Harper?.........HMMM.....

I crack myself up!!
                                You're the only one laughing though. Anyways, their back end bullpen is horrible and the Yankees have one of the best set up guys for the last several seasons overall. If the Yankees weren't already deep with OF talent, I would do it for Victor Robles straight up. He is a future star in MLB

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=was

Comment

Working...
                                X