Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

You're the only one laughing though. Anyways, their back end bullpen is horrible and the Yankees have one of the best set up guys for the last several seasons overall. If the Yankees weren't already deep with OF talent, I would do it for Victor Robles straight up. He is a future star in MLB

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=was
    What hurts his value in the trade market is the belief that he is strictly an 8th inning guy. Not that there is not value in that, but he's not a closer. At least not for a team who wants to compete for a championship.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

What hurts his value in the trade market is the belief that he is strictly an 8th inning guy. Not that there is not value in that, but he's not a closer. At least not for a team who wants to compete for a championship.
      I get what you're saying. It would be easy to bring up Andrew Miller from last year, but he proved that he could close and be one of the best at it. That knock on Dellin does reduce his value to a degree. However, Washington is desperate and are a bullpen away from being a serious WS threat.
      ​​
      If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

• https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...edium=facebook

I am just going to leave this right here. Wow

Comment

• Michael Pinada done for year with torn UCL. Explains a lot on his sudden fall. The only reason I am upset with that is the fact we wont be able to trade him now. He was gone after this year anyways.

Still dont think we should sell everyone?

Just a matter of time before Tanaka is diagnosed with a bum elbow.

Sell Betances before he gets injured. You keep saying he cant close games but he did very well the 1st month of the season closing. He isnt Miller or Chapman, but he is still absolutely filthy. Going through a slump right now finding the strike zone.

Bring up Chance Adams or start German or Green the rest of the season.

Was hoping this 4 game series with Boston would be important, but that just completely went out the window. I hope they win, but there is nothing at stake anymore except to tease Bandwagon St.
          Last edited by TheAnalyst; 07-14-2017, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Jack Curry @JackCurryYES
            Cashman said Chance Adams "could be" an option to join rotation. For now, Yanks are using Mitchell in Sunday DH and will add Cessa vs Minn.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              Jack Curry @JackCurryYES
              Cashman said Chance Adams "could be" an option to join rotation. For now, Yanks are using Mitchell in Sunday DH and will add Cessa vs Minn.
              Thanks for posting. Chance Adams SHOULD be an option though.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

The guy is a non prospect. Numbers inflated by a tter friendly league, 26 years old already and hasn't cracked the Major Leagues. I hope we catch lightening in a bottle but i doubt it.
                Well, he got the call up to Boston. He may be given the opportunity to be our 1st baseman going forward. Lets hope for the lightning.

The Yankees will call up 1B Garrett Cooper for this weekend's series against the Red Sox in Boston, GM Brian Cashman told reporters Friday.

Cooper was acquired from the Brewers in exchange for LHP Tyler Webb on Thursday and had initially been assigned to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

The 26-year-old Cooper, who was drafted in the 16th round of the 2013 MLB Draft by the Brewers, is hitting .366 with 17 home runs and 82 RBI with Triple-A Colorado Springs this season. The 26-year-old has yet to make his big league debut.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Well, he got the call up to Boston. He may be given the opportunity to be our 1st baseman going forward. Lets hope for the lightning.

The Yankees will call up 1B Garrett Cooper for this weekend's series against the Red Sox in Boston, GM Brian Cashman told reporters Friday.

Cooper was acquired from the Brewers in exchange for LHP Tyler Webb on Thursday and had initially been assigned to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

The 26-year-old Cooper, who was drafted in the 16th round of the 2013 MLB Draft by the Brewers, is hitting .366 with 17 home runs and 82 RBI with Triple-A Colorado Springs this season. The 26-year-old has yet to make his big league debut.
                  Let's hope, I like his low strikeout rate.

Comment

• Yeah let's bench a hot Clint Frazier for Hellsbury. Binder Joe is hilarious.

Comment

• This team has went from the penthouse to the outhouse in a matter of a month.

Comment

• Is it just me or has Chapman gotten fat?

Comment

• 18 blown saves by the Yankees, which is by far the worst in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                            18 blown saves by the Yankees, which is by far the worst in baseball.
                            I'm a Sox fan and that was hard to watch. That was bad baseball. Sox didn't get a ball out of the infield for God's sake. And what the hell is up with Chapman?
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I'm a Sox fan and that was hard to watch. That was bad baseball. Sox didn't get a ball out of the infield for God's sake. And what the hell is up with Chapman?
                              I think that Chapman is out of shape. He looks fatter in the face and body. Maybe he didn't do much while he was on the DL. I agree with it being just horrible baseball in the 9th inning. It is extremely difficult to allow two runs without allowing a ball out of the infield. Plus Chris Sale is pitching today. Good luck with that, Yankees.
                              Last edited by SG88; 07-15-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Green is the best reliever in our team.

Comment

Working...
                                X