Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

    Just against the Yanks?....Really?
    I'm not that blind. You know me better than that. The umpire was extremely inconsistent in last night's game. Aaron Judge nearly got HBP and the umpire called it a strike without hesitation. Tanaka threw a ball way below a Boston player's knees and called it a strike. He sucked.
    If you respect others, they will respect you.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SG88 View Post

      I'm not that blind. You know me better than that. The umpire was extremely inconsistent in last night's game. Aaron Judge nearly got HBP and the umpire called it a strike without hesitation. Tanaka threw a ball way below a Boston player's knees and called it a strike. He sucked.
      I rarely watch any games, but was stuck inside to care for our ailing dog and caught quite few of them this weekend. The calls were really bad / inconsistent, and that box ESPN puts up to simulate the strike zone makes it look even worse.
      Kept mentioning to my wife when Judge came up to bat, trying to get her back into baseball a little... but his recent performance is nothing to garner attention.
      The Home Run Derby is MLB's boat trip.

      Comment


      • When I made this thread, and put Baby Bombers take over, I bet no one could image this. The Yankees have had 12 major league debuts this season, on top of Judge, Sanchez, Bird, Austin, Severino, Holder and Torreyes. Leads all of baseball. Pretty crazy. I remember BronxBomber getting pretty heated about that too. lol

        Brian Mitchell gets the nod tonight. Time to pull a 2016 and turn it on in the 2nd half while still selling.

        Comment


        • http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...6480&oid=36019

          Like I said, Greg Bird ain't playing this season
          If you respect others, they will respect you.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SG88 View Post
            http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...6480&oid=36019

            Like I said, Greg Bird ain't playing this season
            I'm not counting on him to play here again. Kid is fragile just like his backup Austin. We need a 1st baseman next year.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

              I'm not counting on him to play here again. Kid is fragile just like his backup Austin. We need a 1st baseman next year.
              But you got Cooper from Milwaukee....

              Oh wait....thought it was Cecil Cooper. Never mind.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                I'm not counting on him to play here again. Kid is fragile just like his backup Austin. We need a 1st baseman next year.
                Yeah, I think that he is pretty much damaged goods. Let's give Tex a call and see if he wants to play. Lol. He is actually an excellent analyst.
                If you respect others, they will respect you.

                Comment


                • How many games do we have to watch Girardi mismanage before he finally gets fired?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                    How many games do we have to watch Girardi mismanage before he finally gets fired?
                    How is their record against all the other AL East teams, particularly top rival Boston? This is a strong division, no one could predict how it will shake out. They had a bad west coast trip, just like many previous competitive teams did. Girardi stays, and they make the playoffs.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                      How is their record against all the other AL East teams, particularly top rival Boston? This is a strong division, no one could predict how it will shake out. They had a bad west coast trip, just like many previous competitive teams did. Girardi stays, and they make the playoffs.
                      He makes terrible managerial decisions all the time.

                      I also just read an article how Cashman could walk after this year. Marlins could give him a big offer.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                        He makes terrible managerial decisions all the time.

                        I also just read an article how Cashman could walk after this year. Marlins could give him a big offer.
                        Bring back Stick Michael, the real brains behind the core 4.
                        If you respect others, they will respect you.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                          How is their record against all the other AL East teams, particularly top rival Boston? This is a strong division, no one could predict how it will shake out. They had a bad west coast trip, just like many previous competitive teams did. Girardi stays, and they make the playoffs.
                          The west coast trip is pretty much when the bad play started. They have done well in their division. No doubt about it. They haven't won a series in over a month though, and that includes series against teams in their division (Boston, Toronto, and Tampa if I'm not mistaken). Anyways, this team just does not have the pitching or the corner infield to make a big run this season. Might as well sell some of their pieces and get some young pitching talent for the years to come. Castro and Gregorius could get us that. Feel free to disagree.
                          If you respect others, they will respect you.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SG88 View Post

                            The west coast trip is pretty much when the bad play started. They have done well in their division. No doubt about it. They haven't won a series in over a month though, and that includes series against teams in their division (Boston, Toronto, and Tampa if I'm not mistaken). Anyways, this team just does not have the pitching or the corner infield to make a big run this season. Might as well sell some of their pieces and get some young pitching talent for the years to come. Castro and Gregorius could get us that. Feel free to disagree.
                            They did well to trade away their older players last year. But now you're talking about guys in their primes. I mean Betances and now Didi?
                            That's crazy. Get rid of older guys and guys with bad contracts. But you HAVE to keep your best players, playing in their prime.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • Yankees, A's discussing Yonder Alonso
                              Yonder Alonso is the subject of ongoing trade discussions between the Yankees and Athletics, sources confirmed to MLB.com on Monday.

                              For the moment, it remains unclear how large an Alonso trade could become, if it happens at all. The Yankees' need for starting rotation help -- particularly acute in light of Michael Pineda's Tommy John surgery -- means Yankees general manager Brian Cashman likely will explore the possibility of expanding the deal beyond Alonso to include Oakland right-hander Sonny Gray.

                              Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reported Monday that a top-level Athletics scout recently watched the Yankees' Class A Charleston affiliate. That's a strong indication of the Yankees' interest in players on Oakland's Major League roster.

                              The Yankees' motivation to speak with the A's about Alonso is clear: Their first basemen have combined for a .671 OPS this season, second worst in the Major Leagues entering Monday.

                              Alonso, 30, is one of the most likely players in professional baseball to be dealt before the July 31 non-waiver Trade Deadline. He's having a career year (.924 OPS, 21 home runs); he will be a free agent after the season is over; and A's executive vice president Billy Beane acknowledged over the weekend that the team needs a full rebuild.

                              Eight players have started at first base for the Yankees in 2017, including four within the last two weeks. The team's Opening Day first baseman, Greg Bird, requires ankle surgery that will almost certainly end his season.

                              The Yankees' willingness to make a substantial trade has increased in recent days, sources said. The team is 4-9 in July and has scored the second-fewest runs in the American League this month. Their lead over the Twins for the second American League Wild Card has dwindled to half a game.

                              Comment


                              • I would be quite pissed if we traded for a player having a career year in a contract year. The definition of stupid.

                                Hey, Coop looked legit last night. Let's see where it takes us.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X