Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SG88 View Post
    I just read that the Yankees are scouting........ Wait for it................Yu Darvish.
    Yeah. Should be the cheaper route with him being a FA after this year. Then we can have Tanaka Darvish and bid on Otani.
    Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

    Comment


    • Starlin Castro back to the DL... Wade called back up. Toe starting 2nd tonight. Coop at 1st. Ellsbury and Headley are out of the lineup.
      Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        Starlin Castro back to the DL... Wade called back up. Toe starting 2nd tonight. Coop at 1st. Ellsbury and Headley are out of the lineup.
        Ellsbury and Headley on their way out? Hope so. Lol
        We all that we got!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          CC almost has to be resigned next year to a 1 year deal. Hats off to him. The past 2 seasons he really turned into a great pitcher and not just a thrower. Good for him.
          You think there is any correlation to the alcohol treatment he went to? I thought it was strange he left the team before they were eliminated in that one game playoff, since there wasn't much signs he was in trouble. But it now looks like he did the right thing.

          Comment


          • My God Tanaka sucks...
            Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              My God Tanaka sucks...
              Binder Joe replaces a good baserunner for no ****ing reason. Lmfao

              Edit: the crazy idea actually ****ing worked
              Last edited by SG88; 07-23-2017, 12:12 AM.
              We all that we got!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

                You think there is any correlation to the alcohol treatment he went to? I thought it was strange he left the team before they were eliminated in that one game playoff, since there wasn't much signs he was in trouble. But it now looks like he did the right thing.
                Of course there is some correlation, but there is no causation IMO. CC is a really good pitcher when his cutter is going. He simply got older and had to change his approach. He can still get up to 95 when he needs to, but that is pretty rare. He is a legit 3rd starter now and should be signed. I do feel however that he may want to finish up in Oakland, since he is from nearby Vallejo.
                We all that we got!

                Comment


                • I just read some stuff about Betances being traded for a starter since Kahnle, Robertson, and Green are more than enough from the 6th inning on. Dont forget the arbitration hearing with Betances and how he felt after it. There is some real smoke here.
                  We all that we got!

                  Comment


                  • This umpire..........
                    We all that we got!

                    Comment


                    • Well I didn't watch the end last night, but looks to me like we will lose today too to assure us we won't take a series again. I think it's against our policy now. Good thing the Red Sox suck too to keep us in contention.

                      I still think and know we should be selling. Todd Frazier is terrible by the way. Much worse the expected. Although I guess you can't expect more then a hit every 5 at bats.
                      Last edited by TheAnalyst; 07-23-2017, 07:02 AM.
                      Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                        Well I didn't watch the end last night, but looks to me like we will lose today too to assure us we won't take a series again. I think it's against our policy now. Good thing the Red Sox suck too to keep us in contention.

                        I still think and know we should be selling. Todd Frazier is terrible by the way. Much worse the expected. Although I guess you can't expect more then a hit every 5 at bats.
                        Todd Frazier is basically a 3B version of Chris Carter. His homecoming brings a quality glove and a non-existent bat. Kahnle is an absolute beast in the bullpen. OMG. The Yankees got screwed over the umpire big time in the 10th inning. Judge and C. Frazier both got caught looking on balls that were well below their knees. Fast forward to the bottom of the inning. Adam Warren throws pitches to Gamel and Cruz in the same spot and both were called balls. One thing that I cannot stand is an inconsistent umpire. Gary Sanchez was quite heated after those two pitches were called balls. He was barking but did not turn around to show up the umpire. Anyways, today is a must win for reasons that you mentioned. They need to win a series in order to get some confidence.
                        We all that we got!

                        Comment


                        • Once again the umps tried to hurt the Yankees late. Amazing how bad and inconsistent they are. Normally I wont complain about them because they have a tough job and it normally evens out, but after yesterday, and today, it is too much.

                          Nice win today, but we shouldnt have to be this nervous when our big closers are up there. I forgot how fun it is to watch D-Rob. Love that guy. Chapman hit 101 then 102 and then 103 today so his arm is perfectly fine. Hopefully he straightens out soon. Looked better though.

                          Frazier and Holiday are absolutely lost out there. Todd has one of the worst swings I have seen. I would rather we keep plugging Toe out there at 3rd. It is awful having to watch them make outs right now. Andujar should be up 100% right now for one of them. I do like Joe using Ellsbury as a pitch runner now though. A very expensive, older pitch runner lol.

                          Oh, and how can I forget, WE BROKE THE CURSE OF LOSING SERIES AFTER SERIES!!!!!!!!

                          Gained a game on the Red Stockings, Twinks and Devil Rays.

                          On a side note, the Sawx go to the farm and called up Devers their 3rd baseman in AAA who is raking. Definitely forced the call up, but he is hitting so we shall see.
                          Last edited by TheAnalyst; 07-23-2017, 08:31 PM.
                          Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                            Once again the umps tried to hurt the Yankees late. Amazing how bad and inconsistent they are. Normally I wont complain about them because they have a tough job and it normally evens out, but after yesterday, and today, it is too much.

                            Nice win today, but we shouldnt have to be this nervous when our big closers are up there. I forgot how fun it is to watch D-Rob. Love that guy. Chapman hit 101 then 102 and then 103 today so his arm is perfectly fine. Hopefully he straightens out soon. Looked better though.

                            Frazier and Holiday are absolutely lost out there. Todd has one of the worst swings I have seen. I would rather we keep plugging Toe out there at 3rd. It is awful having to watch them make outs right now. Andujar should be up 100% right now for one of them. I do like Joe using Ellsbury as a pitch runner now though. A very expensive, older pitch runner lol.

                            Oh, and how can I forget, WE BROKE THE CURSE OF LOSING SERIES AFTER SERIES!!!!!!!!

                            Gained a game on the Red Stockings, Twinks and Devil Rays.

                            On a side note, the Sawx go to the farm and called up Devers their 3rd baseman in AAA who is raking. Definitely forced the call up, but he is hitting so we shall see.
                            That series win was absolutely HUGE. Ellsbury is the most expensive pinch runner outside of Carl Crawford. Lol
                            We all that we got!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                              Once again the umps tried to hurt the Yankees late. Amazing how bad and inconsistent they are. Normally I wont complain about them because they have a tough job and it normally evens out, but after yesterday, and today, it is too much.

                              Nice win today, but we shouldnt have to be this nervous when our big closers are up there. I forgot how fun it is to watch D-Rob. Love that guy. Chapman hit 101 then 102 and then 103 today so his arm is perfectly fine. Hopefully he straightens out soon. Looked better though.

                              Frazier and Holiday are absolutely lost out there. Todd has one of the worst swings I have seen. I would rather we keep plugging Toe out there at 3rd. It is awful having to watch them make outs right now. Andujar should be up 100% right now for one of them. I do like Joe using Ellsbury as a pitch runner now though. A very expensive, older pitch runner lol.

                              Oh, and how can I forget, WE BROKE THE CURSE OF LOSING SERIES AFTER SERIES!!!!!!!!

                              Gained a game on the Red Stockings, Twinks and Devil Rays.

                              On a side note, the Sawx go to the farm and called up Devers their 3rd baseman in AAA who is raking. Definitely forced the call up, but he is hitting so we shall see.
                              It's an act of desperation. The Sox simply can't hit right now. This was done to see if he's an option this year. if they get the sense that he's not ready, they will make a deal for a third baseman with a bat. We were all hoping KC would fall apart but it seems they are still in it.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • I don't know about you guys but baseball is so unnerving to watch. I love baseball. it's an absolutely beautiful game that is more fun to play than any other game. But watching MLB, especially when when your team is in the field makes me way too nervous. I don't get that same feeling when I watch football. When the Giants are on defense I'm just as involved and enjoy it just as much. But baseball? I think it's the way they play it at the major league level. the slow play drives me nuts. Get the ball back and throw the next ****ing pitch for God's sake. When I grew up the game had pace. the games took about 2 and a half hours. Now? Ugghh!!!

                                Maybe I'm getting old.

                                Rant over.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X