Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellsbury is garbage. Gardner is serviceable and a nice guy.
    I don't understand why we'll demote Clint. He's played well. Oh well
    By the way, we are making a serious run at Sonny Gray.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Because Cashman and Binder Joe are delusional and think that they actually have a chance at winning the world series
      It is plausible but the Yankees have a good thing going with this young group I'd rather stay the course. Unless we are getting an elite starting pitcher at a reasonable trade price I wouldnt make any moves where top prospects were surrendered, I wonder what the Mets wanted for Duda, he would of made more sense

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post

we should eat half his salary and just move him. Being locked into Ellisbury shouldnt of cost us Rutherford
        I think he is owned $64m after this year with 3 years left.

We would have to eat at least $40m and Im ok with that.

IMO, Rutherford had nothing to do with Ellsbury. Trading Rutherford had more to do with Judge, Frazier and Fowler. Too many OFers in the system. The more I think about it, we traded Blake for Kahnle, 3 and a half years of a very good relief pitcher. Still not happy about it, but it is what it is. He is pitching like a right handed Andrew Miller right now.
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

• Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
          Ellsbury is garbage. Gardner is serviceable and a nice guy.
          I don't understand why we'll demote Clint. He's played well. Oh well
          By the way, we are making a serious run at Sonny Gray.
          Demoting Clint maybe to keep him for another year down the road before a big payday? Maybe. Or we will use him as a trade chip which I hope is not the case.

Speaking of, yeah, Sonny Gray. Im not sold. Great pitcher but is smaller and has had some injuries in the past. I dont want to give up a package that includes Clint, Mateo, and some pitchers like Adams and Acevedo. If we can get him for Mateo as the lead prospect, maybe. But I think they are aiming higher. And the Astros seem to have cooled off because of it. Id rather take my chances with our farm hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post

It is plausible but the Yankees have a good thing going with this young group I'd rather stay the course. Unless we are getting an elite starting pitcher at a reasonable trade price I wouldnt make any moves where top prospects were surrendered, I wonder what the Mets wanted for Duda, he would of made more sense
            Thats crazy talk lol. No one gets an elite starting pitcher for a reasonable trade price. Red Sox gave up the best prospect in baseball, their best pitching prospect and 2 reasonable other players. That would be like us giving up Torres, Kapriellian, Fowler and Adams. And even that might not have got it done.

Comment

• Everyone agrees except Joe and Cash...
              It’s a waste of the Yankees’ time to keep playing Jacoby Ellsbury

SEATTLE — The future is staring the Yankees in the face.

They had better pay attention to what they see. Playing Jacoby Ellsbury in center field is a waste of time right now. Slide Brett Gardner to center, let Clint Frazier play left with Aaron Judge in right field and go from there.

Frazier got a seat on the bench to get Ellsbury in the game, but the Yankees need to play their best players every day.

Despite all the money the Yankees owe Ellsbury, he is a fourth outfielder. Ellsbury batted eighth — the first time he has batted eighth with the Yankees — and went 0-for-4, extending his slump to a 6-for-42 skid. He has just four homers this season.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/21/its-a-w...coby-ellsbury/

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Everyone agrees except Joe and Cash...
                It’s a waste of the Yankees’ time to keep playing Jacoby Ellsbury

SEATTLE — The future is staring the Yankees in the face.

They had better pay attention to what they see. Playing Jacoby Ellsbury in center field is a waste of time right now. Slide Brett Gardner to center, let Clint Frazier play left with Aaron Judge in right field and go from there.

Frazier got a seat on the bench to get Ellsbury in the game, but the Yankees need to play their best players every day.

Despite all the money the Yankees owe Ellsbury, he is a fourth outfielder. Ellsbury batted eighth — the first time he has batted eighth with the Yankees — and went 0-for-4, extending his slump to a 6-for-42 skid. He has just four homers this season.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/21/its-a-w...coby-ellsbury/
                I agree with everything that this article says. When Hicks comes back, Gardner should join Ellsbury right on the bench. Playing players because of their salaries is a dumb tactic
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

I agree with everything that this article says. When Hicks comes back, Gardner should join Ellsbury right on the bench. Playing players because of their salaries is a dumb tactic
                  Guess what?

With the M's pitching a righty tonight, it is very odd to see Ellsbury out as a healthy scratch. Gardner in center with Frazier and Judge Left and Right.
                  Something is up. Mateo and Andujar are healthy scratches too. I sense a trade coming soon. Sonny Gray most likely. Maybe they will buy out most of Ellsburys contract to the A's, but that doesnt really make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Guess what?

With the M's pitching a righty tonight, it is very odd to see Ellsbury out as a healthy scratch. Gardner in center with Frazier and Judge Left and Right.
                    Something is up. Mateo and Andujar are healthy scratches too. I sense a trade coming soon. Sonny Gray most likely. Maybe they will buy out most of Ellsburys contract to the A's, but that doesnt really make sense.
                    I think that you're onto something here. Maybe the thinking is that if another team wants one of our top prospects, they have to take some of our garbage with it. Like the palehose taking Clippard.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X