Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I don't know about you guys but baseball is so unnerving to watch. I love baseball. it's an absolutely beautiful game that is more fun to play than any other game. But watching MLB, especially when when your team is in the field makes me way too nervous. I don't get that same feeling when I watch football. When the Giants are on defense I'm just as involved and enjoy it just as much. But baseball? I think it's the way they play it at the major league level. the slow play drives me nuts. Get the ball back and throw the next ****ing pitch for God's sake. When I grew up the game had pace. the games took about 2 and a half hours. Now? Ugghh!!!

Maybe I'm getting old.

Rant over.
    There's really not a lot that they can do to speed the game up except maybe making pitchers pitch to at least 2 or 3 batters minimum and eliminating the DH. Maybe we can shave off 5-10 minutes by doing both of those things. When it comes to the giants, I am more stressed out watching their offense. Watching Eli over the years may have shaved a few years off of my lifespan. ​​
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

There's really not a lot that they can do to speed the game up except maybe making pitchers pitch to at least 2 or 3 batters minimum and eliminating the DH. Maybe we can shave off 5-10 minutes by doing both of those things. When it comes to the giants, I am more stressed out watching their offense. Watching Eli over the years may have shaved a few years off of my lifespan. ​​
      I get frustrated at times with the Giants but never really stressed. Or maybe it's a good kind of stress.
      The way they play in the majors though just drives me nuts. Don't they have a clock in the minors now for pitchers? Maybe it's just certain leagues. Not sure but these pitchers that take forever drive me nuts. Another thing that would help is calling more strikes. Some of these umps squeeze pitchers.

I saw a reply a few years ago of a game in the '67 world series. I couldn't believe how quickly they got the ball and threw the next pitch. The change has happened so slowly you don't notice it, until you watch a game from 50 years ago.
      (Which I can't believe because I watched that World Series)
      Last edited by Morehead State; 07-24-2017, 09:40 AM.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Baseball, much like golf, will always be more fun to play rather then watch, it if you played baseball growing up, you are more likely to enjoy watching it now because you understand the nuances of the game. The fact that they changed the intentional walk into a weird automatic process says they are willing to sacrifice the history of the game to help the younger instageneration millenials something to grasp onto. I see pitch clocks in the future and minimal visits to the mound by catcher and manager. I can see each team getting something like 3 timeouts to do so. I can see a change to the minimum amount of hitters a pitcher has to face too. Manfred will do to baseball what Goodell did to football. Traditionalists will complain and the scoring will increase.

Its not the length of games that are bothering people, it's the pace. So they want more scoring faster.

As fornthe Giants, they can be the most frustrating team ever. They lose too many games they should win. That's the frustrating part. Also each football game is like 10 baseball games so losing hurts that much more.
        Last edited by TheAnalyst; 07-24-2017, 09:48 AM.
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          Baseball, much like golf, will always be more fun to play rather then watch, it if you played baseball growing up, you are more likely to enjoy watching it now because you understand the nuances of the game. The fact that they changed the intentional walk into a weird automatic process says they are willing to sacrifice the history of the game to help the younger instageneration millenials something to grasp onto. I see pitch clocks in the future and minimal visits to the mound by catcher and manager. I can see each team getting something like 3 timeouts to do so. I can see a change to the minimum amount of hitters a pitcher has to face too. Manfred will do to baseball what Goodell did to football. Traditionalists will complain and the scoring will increase.

Its not the length of games that are bothering people, it's the pace. So they want more scoring faster.

As fornthe Giants, they can be the most frustrating team ever. They lose too many games they should win. That's the frustrating part. Also each football game is like 10 baseball games so losing hurts that much more.
          Well they are getting their wish of quick scoring with all of these home runs being hit. I am also all for them speeding things up. I am just not exactly sure how he can do it. I like your ideas and mine. MH is right though. Stress is the wrong word to describe the giants offense. Frustrated is the accurate word.
          sigpic

Comment

Baseball, much like golf, will always be more fun to play rather then watch, it if you played baseball growing up, you are more likely to enjoy watching it now because you understand the nuances of the game. The fact that they changed the intentional walk into a weird automatic process says they are willing to sacrifice the history of the game to help the younger instageneration millenials something to grasp onto. I see pitch clocks in the future and minimal visits to the mound by catcher and manager. I can see each team getting something like 3 timeouts to do so. I can see a change to the minimum amount of hitters a pitcher has to face too. Manfred will do to baseball what Goodell did to football. Traditionalists will complain and the scoring will increase.

Well I like playing golf and I like watching golf. I like watching golf more than I do baseball. But strangely, I enjoy going to a baseball game much more than a football game. I doubt I will ever go to another Giants game. My last one was the 49'rs game two years ago on a Sunday night. It was nothing but a bunch of 25 year old male drunks.....I mean everywhere. Never had less fun at a football game in my life. And we WON that game.

Comment

• I agree with MH that drunk morons absolutely ruin your football game experience. I would never take my daughters to a football game. I took two of my young daughters to an angels and Yankees game and the experience was friendly and respectful.
              sigpic

Comment

I agree with MH that drunk morons absolutely ruin your football game experience. I would never take my daughters to a football game. I took two of my young daughters to an angels and Yankees game and the experience was friendly and respectful.
                Yes baseball crowds are a lot better than football crowds.

Comment

Much better, although I didn't like what I saw at a Yankees vs Mets game.

Comment

I just watched the game and filled out my score card in the other one that I went to alone. My daughters like the angels, so they had a great time and made some friends. That does not happen at NFL games, where fans are usually drunk and disrespectful even to each other. The tailgates are actually better than the football games IMO.
                    sigpic

Comment

I just watched the game and filled out my score card in the other one that I went to alone. My daughters like the angels, so they had a great time and made some friends. That does not happen at NFL games, where fans are usually drunk and disrespectful even to each other. The tailgates are actually better than the football games IMO.
                      It's funny how everyone seems cool at the tailgates - sharing food, inviting strangers to join... then inside the stadium are in your face over how they think you should be enjoying the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

It's funny how everyone seems cool at the tailgates - sharing food, inviting strangers to join... then inside the stadium are in your face over how they think you should be enjoying the game.
                        Fights in the stands. Giants fans fighting each other.
                        It's like the Giants MB.

Comment

• Sawx lose 4-0
                          Rays lose 5-0
                          Twinks lose 6-4

Good night for the standings

Comment

Sawx lose 4-0
                            Rays lose 5-0
                            Twinks lose 6-4

Good night for the standings
                            The Sox are winning this division but it's going to be a slog. My hope is that once they get in their pitching make them a formidable team.

Comment

The Sox are winning this division but it's going to be a slog. My hope is that once they get in their pitching make them a formidable team.
                              You guys just need to start hitting. That's all

Comment

If they dont it would be a huge disappointment with that rotation. Right now its a 3 team race. Anything can happen. I still think the Yankees should sell off pieces if they can.

With that said, the Yankees flat out sucked for a month and a half and are only 2 games back.

Comment

Working...
                                X