Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well ****... Never easy. We could be up 12 runs in the 9th and it's still a nail biter.

Once again CC dominates the Red Sox. Thank you for that rainout to set this up on a platter for Joe.
    Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

They aren't changing managers with a young, overachieving team. You guys are crazy.
      You keep forgetting about the big moves at the trade deadline. That raised the ante and put pressure on Joe and Cashman. If you think that they would still stick around after making those moves and not making the divisional round, you are crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

You keep forgetting about the big moves at the trade deadline. That raised the ante and put pressure on Joe and Cashman. If you think that they would still stick around after making those moves and not making the divisional round, you are crazy.
        Girardi is such a good baseball man. I just don't get how you guys hate him so much.
        You think he's had nothing to do with helping CC pitch as well as he has? The guy has turned into an effective junk pitcher after being a power pitcher his entire career. we beat the hell out of him when he threw hard. Now he has everyone off balance.
        You only look at game management when that's about 10% of what a manager does.....if that.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

If they dont make it to the division series, binder Joe and cash man are both outta here.
          They're not going anywhere unfortunately. No way...

And the Yanks aren't overachieving, ol man. This is a talented young team.

Comment

Girardi is such a good baseball man. I just don't get how you guys hate him so much.
            You think he's had nothing to do with helping CC pitch as well as he has? The guy has turned into an effective junk pitcher after being a power pitcher his entire career. we beat the hell out of him when he threw hard. Now he has everyone off balance.
            You only look at game management when that's about 10% of what a manager does.....if that.
            You didn't say anything wrong here. I dont kill Joe as much as others do on here. I'm just saying that the bar was raised when they became buyers at the deadline. They didnt make those moves to fall short.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

They're not going anywhere unfortunately. No way...

And the Yanks aren't overachieving, ol man. This is a talented young team.
              Well maybe Girardi is just getting the most out of them. He's not just a manager. he's also a good coach as well. He had always been a prime candidate for a ML manager since he was catching for the Cubs.
              The guy is just a sharp baseball man.
              But I'm sure some of you fans have much better judgement and talent evaluation skills. I'm sure all you fans can do a better job of teaching the game and helping pitchers develop their game. I'm sure you all understand the nuances of finger pressure to create different kinds of ball movement. I'm sure you understand the dynamics of mechanics in the pitching motion and how it relates to command.

In other words...The Analyst should be the new Yankee skipper. I mean according to him, Girardi has cost them a minimum of 10 games where he could have gotten them to 90 wins by now.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

You didn't say anything wrong here. I dont kill Joe as much as others do on here. I'm just saying that the bar was raised when they became buyers at the deadline. They didnt make those moves to fall short.
                This is true. But I'd still imagine any post season spot, regardless of results after, will be enough to retain their jobs.

Comment

Well maybe Girardi is just getting the most out of them. He's not just a manager. he's also a good coach as well. He had always been a prime candidate for a ML manager since he was catching for the Cubs.
                  The guy is just a sharp baseball man.
                  But I'm sure some of you fans have much better judgement and talent evaluation skills. I'm sure all you fans can do a better job of teaching the game and helping pitchers develop their game. I'm sure you all understand the nuances of finger pressure to create different kinds of ball movement. I'm sure you understand the dynamics of mechanics in the pitching motion and how it relates to command.

In other words...The Analyst should be the new Yankee skipper. I mean according to him, Girardi has cost them a minimum of 10 games where he could have gotten them to 90 wins by now.
                  It appears Girardi needs to work with Sanchez more, behind the plate.

Our Analyst would have kept Judge home for the HR Derby - and maybe he wouldn't be sitting now, when the team needs him.

Comment

He is batting Judge 2nd today. Anyone give 1 reason why Aaron Judge is batting 2nd today. Anyone. Also, Todd Frazier is playing instead of Toe. Those are 2 mistakes I see right off the bat in todays lineup. Toe has been clutch and is hitting .300 this year. Todd is hitting almost .100 points lower. Oh and Aaron Hicks, who was struggling, has 6 hits the last 2 games looking to break out of it, and gets the seat today. He is a switch hitter so the righty-lefty thing doesnt fly.

He may be the worst manager in all of baseball in putting together a good lineup. Sure, he is a good baseball guy. It runs through his veins. But he can not manage a lineup to save his life. Its his weakness.

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

It appears Girardi needs to work with Sanchez more, behind the plate.

Our Analyst would have kept Judge home for the HR Derby - and maybe he wouldn't be sitting now, when the team needs him.
                    Absolutely correct
                    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 09-01-2017, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

He is batting Judge 2nd today. Anyone give 1 reason why Aaron Judge is batting 2nd today. Anyone. Also, Todd Frazier is playing instead of Toe. Those are 2 mistakes I see right off the bat in todays lineup. Toe has been clutch and is hitting .300 this year. Todd is hitting almost .100 points lower. Oh and Aaron Hicks, who was struggling, has 6 hits the last 2 games looking to break out of it, and gets the seat today. He is a switch hitter so the righty-lefty thing doesnt fly.

He may be the worst manager in all of baseball in putting together a good lineup. Sure, he is a good baseball guy. It runs through his veins. But he can not manage a lineup to save his life. Its his weakness.

Absolutely correct
                      They're just trying everything to get him out of this slump. He just got himself an RBI double off of Fister. Bob Costas on back to back broadcasts for us? My ears ****ing hurt.

Comment

They're just trying everything to get him out of this slump. He just got himself an RBI double off of Fister. Bob Costas on back to back broadcasts for us? My ears ****ing hurt.
                        I could be batting 1.000 with hindsight :-)

Fister went to the same pitch 4 times in that AB. Low outside slider. Judge made the adjustment. Todd Frazier over Toe is still annoying.

Comment

You jinxed it. Now he is going 0-3 with 3 Ks the rest of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

You jinxed it. Now he is going 0-3 with 3 Ks the rest of the way.
                            Blame Bob Costas. The Yankees rarely do well when he is broadcasting the games. He constantly rags on the Yankees and sucks up to whoever is playing against the Yankees.

Comment

• Lol, Doug Fister out of all people always saves his best for the Yankees.

Comment

• Looks like the offense didn't show up. Good job boys. I just want to see Todd Frazier play more baseball. This one is ovah. As I said, 1-3 this series.

Time to finish the Cuse game, up 31-0 at the half.

Comment

Working...
                                X