Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Glad I stayed with it at least 1 inning. lol

I normally rip Joe, but damn he managed the he'll out of the pen PERFECTLY. As soon as I thought in MY head he should take a guy out he did. All game. And he left in the guys that were rolling when he normally Yanks em out. What a game!
    Amazing that he didn't need to put another starter out there, early.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Greatest thing is they get a day to rest and need it. I can't believe Beatnces wasn't used. He has to be in the doghouse right now. I hope they deal him this offseason. Ever since they messed with him in arbitration he just doesn't seem to care as much. Relationship is scarred. Time to get something back for him and send him to the NL.

Comment

• What a game last night..... fantastic.

re: the pitching.... the kid servino was not in command of the strike zone...just nerves.. he was throwing everything way up in the zone, or missing. too much adrenaline...it happens...especially if you are 23. he will be fine. Someone needs to tell him to go out and have fun...The rest of the guys shined. Great Great game.

gardiner has been a great leader for these kids is what it looked like to me. He has been a great yankee from what i've seen. Very professional and consistent on and off the field, with great leadership/mentor to the younger guys. no?

Comment

Greatest thing is they get a day to rest and need it. I can't believe Beatnces wasn't used. He has to be in the doghouse right now. I hope they deal him this offseason. Ever since they messed with him in arbitration he just doesn't seem to care as much. Relationship is scarred. Time to get something back for him and send him to the NL.
          Girardi doesn't seem to keep a dog house. You've been questioning why he keeps putting many players out there all season, but that's how he manages. I'm going to look at it as that he has so much faith in those relievers he put in last night - although they each went longer than normal than usual. We might just see Betances in game 1 Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
            What a game last night..... fantastic.

re: the pitching.... the kid servino was not in command of the strike zone...just nerves.. he was throwing everything way up in the zone, or missing. too much adrenaline...it happens...especially if you are 23. he will be fine. Someone needs to tell him to go out and have fun...The rest of the guys shined. Great Great game.

gardiner has been a great leader for these kids is what it looked like to me. He has been a great yankee from what i've seen. Very professional and consistent on and off the field, with great leadership/mentor to the younger guys. no?
            Maybe being the starter for a one game playoff was a bit much for him. Hopefully, a playoff series of games makes him more comfortable - like just being part of the staff.

Yes, Gardiner seems to be a very professional player.

Comment

Glad I stayed with it at least 1 inning. lol

I normally rip Joe, but damn he managed the he'll out of the pen PERFECTLY. As soon as I thought in MY head he should take a guy out he did. All game. And he left in the guys that were rolling when he normally Yanks em out. What a game!

How is Gary still alive after taking a direct hit to the boys? Ouch!
              Yeah, the bullpen gives them a weapon that actually gives them a chance against Cleveland. I also saw that the only way that they see Kluber twice is if it goes 5 games. They just need to beat the other starters and try to end it in 4. That will be an extremely tough task though.
              If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Girardi doesn't seem to keep a dog house. You've been questioning why he keeps putting many players out there all season, but that's how he manages. I'm going to look at it as that he has so much faith in those relievers he put in last night - although they each went longer than normal than usual. We might just see Betances in game 1 Thursday.
                Probably. Let's just hope he has his A game.

Comment

• Thinking about this a bit more, maybe this was Joe's genius. He told Severino to struggle a bit and take an enormous amount of time in the top half of the first and let it just not get out of hand too much, just to get Santana rusted up waiting a long time and rough him up knowing we had the better bullpen in the long run and could take advantage of it. Genius!

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

I don't mind it one bit. He is a high OBP guy.
                    https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...p-out-of-a-hat

Billy ball! it is yankee tradition/lore

Comment

• Rockies in the same situation the Yanks were last night. Already down 3-0 with 1 out in the first inning and runners on 2nd and 3rd with their young ace on the mound making his playoff debut.

Rockies left Gray in the game to finish the inning though and he strikes out the next 2 batters.

Yankees drafted Gray in the 10th round the year prior to getting drafted by the Rox and he didn't sign.

3-0 D-Backs over the Rox through 1.

Man I love playoff baseball. And obviously much more when the Bombers are involved.

Comment

• After the DBacks made it 6-0, the Rox are climbing back in it. Scoring 4 in the 4th. 6-4 DBacks in the 5th inning.

Comment

• Hey, congratulations to you guys for making the post season and advancing. What a great season.

I'm jealous of course but it's hard to dislike that yankee team. Good luck going forward.

Comment

After the DBacks made it 6-0, the Rox are climbing back in it. Scoring 4 in the 4th. 6-4 DBacks in the 5th inning.
                            That was actually an entertaining baseball game. If these two games are how it is gonna be this postseason, it will be a blast
                            If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

That was actually an entertaining baseball game. If these two games are how it is gonna be this postseason, it will be a blast
                              Man I wish I could have stayed up longer to watch the ending. I zonked out. Early morning here. Looks like a great last 3 innings though back and forth. DBacks take it 11-8.

On to the Divisional Series!

Comment

insane depth in the bullpen, we can mix and match and not tax the bullpen. If a starter just doesn't get blown out of the water good chance they win the game

Comment

Working...
                                X