Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CC and Didi help send EE and the Indians packing. :-)

    ON TO HOUSTON!
    Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Well I quit the Giants MB but I had to come back to congratulate my Yankee fan friends on a great series win against the Indians.
      Yanks have a scary team.

      Enjoy your team the rest of the playoffs.
      You know you're rooting for the Yanks, its still in your blood.

      Comment


      • I'm a die-hard mets fans, but I've been pulling for the Yanks this postseason and love watching some of their players. Brett Gardner's 9th inning AB was one of the best ABs I've ever seen in my life. Unreal determination and grit.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post




          And Joltin Joe Girardio, is off the hook!!!

          BRING BACK JOE!!!!!
          Yeah, he definitely did save his job by winning that series. Regardless of what happens in this series, he will stay if he wants to. He is technically a free agent after this season. Other teams will be interested.
          We all that we got!

          Comment


          • Great win. Way ahead of schedule with the rebuild. This team isn't like Yankee teams of the past. Kids are having fun and they're showing it. The Yankees were always a team that kept is business like. Act like you have been there before. This team is a breath of fresh air, on to Houston. Let's do this.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SG88 View Post

              Yeah, he definitely did save his job by winning that series. Regardless of what happens in this series, he will stay if he wants to. He is technically a free agent after this season. Other teams will be interested.
              I gotta think that the Yankees brass has to offer a 3 or 4 year deal now, and that Joe wants to stay with his young very talented team.
              Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

              Comment


              • suddenly e1 loves girardi again?

                it doesn't matter who coaches. Let's be honest. professional baseball coaches do next to nothing. Give me someone who is entertaining like billy martin. I want to see someone get thrown out of games once in a while. Stir up some controversy.. something anything... Girardi just sits there like a nervous nelli. he looks like a deer in headlights. Give me the guy that says and does controversial stuff we fans can talk about.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                  suddenly e1 loves girardi again?

                  it doesn't matter who coaches. Let's be honest. professional baseball coaches do next to nothing. Give me someone who is entertaining like billy martin. I want to see someone get thrown out of games once in a while. Stir up some controversy.. something anything... Girardi just sits there like a nervous nelli. he looks like a deer in headlights. Give me the guy that says and does controversial stuff we fans can talk about.
                  Its amazing what winning does, isnt it? I admit I have done a 180 on Joe from game 2 , to now. Seeing that presser after game 4 was real. He messes up, but I guess all coaches do. I mean, the Sawx just fired a coach who led them to a 93 wins season and AL East champs in back to back seasons for the first time in team history. And he won the World Series 4 years ago! I dont want the Yanks to get the next Ben McAdoo of baseball coaches after letting a coach go.

                  And you couldnt be more further from the truth about baseball coaches not doing anything. There is a reason why Joe Maddon, Tito Francona are considered the best and can turn teams around. NBA coaches do nothing. Hockey coaches do a little more. Baseball coaches do a lot and have a lot of pressure. Rotational decisions, batting order, starting line up, relief pitching, when to pull pitchers, teaching their players about the game, ect. Im guessing you never coached. They put a ton of time in before and after games analyzing too, opponents starter, hitters ect.
                  Last edited by TheAnalyst; 10-12-2017, 12:22 PM.
                  Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                    Its amazing what winning does, isnt it? I admit I have done a 180 on Joe from game 2 , to now. Seeing that presser after game 4 was real. He messes up, but I guess all coaches do. I mean, the Sawx just fired a coach who led them to a 93 wins season and AL East champs in back to back seasons for the first time in team history. And he won the World Series 4 years ago! I dont want the Yanks to get the next Ben McAdoo of baseball coaches after letting a coach go.

                    And you couldnt be more further from the truth about baseball coaches not doing anything. There is a reason why Joe Maddon, Tito Francona are considered the best and can turn teams around. NBA coaches do nothing. Hockey coaches do a little more. Baseball coaches do a lot and have a lot of pressure. Rotational decisions, batting order, starting line up, relief pitching, when to pull pitchers, teaching their players about the game, ect. Im guessing you never coached. They put a ton of time in before and after games analyzing too, opponents starter, hitters ect.
                    Played baseball since i was in diapers. But no i never coached. I could be a coach though, I'm sure. I just thought once they are on the pro level there isn't much teaching involved. The assistant coaches help with game decisions like pitching. Batting order is meaningless. Starting lineup pretty much decides itself based on personnel.

                    Good point about madden and francona. I don't think Girardi is a great coach. exactly because i know a lot about the game. When wa the last time you saw him put the take sign on with 3-0 or when a pitcher was struggling to find the zone? He as a catcher for crying out loud! When was the last time you saw the hit & run? suicide squeeze? i just miss billy ball i suppose.

                    BTW you correctly point out that girardi SUCKS at pitching decisions, usually. He did a great job in this series though.

                    not challenging that play was unforgivable.
                    Last edited by bigpoppy; 10-12-2017, 12:44 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

                      Played baseball since i was in diapers. But no i never coached. I could be a coach though, I'm sure. I just thought once they are on the pro level there isn't much teaching involved. The assistant coaches help with game decisions like pitching. Batting order is meaningless. Starting lineup pretty much decides itself based on personnel.

                      Good point about madden and francona. I don't think Girardi is a great coach. exactly because i know a lot about the game. When wa the last time you saw him put the take sign on with 3-0 or when a pitcher was struggling to find the zone? He as a catcher for crying out loud! When was the last time you saw the hit & run? suicide squeeze? i just miss billy ball i suppose.

                      BTW you correctly point out that girardi SUCKS at pitching decisions, usually. He did a great job in this series though.

                      not challenging that play was unforgivable.
                      Girardi isnt the best at making pitcher decisions I agree. He crammed Clippard down our throats and cost us the division. He hit Judge 2nd-4th all 2 months he struggled. I would do that differently. Joe probably still will hit Judge 2nd in the ALCS and hope he snaps out of it. He managed the pen great this series with the exception of pulling CC in game 2. But when you are winning, its hard to be so down on a coach. Lets see how he does in the ALCS. Astros lineup is alot more powerful than the Indians so the relief decisions are going to be vital.

                      Not challenging the play was a HUGE mistake he took responsibility for. McAdoo would have blamed the other coaches or players. You can tell the players like him and are willing to play hard for him. And since they pulled off the comeback, the Game 2 blunder will be put on a back burner.
                      Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                        Girardi isnt the best at making pitcher decisions I agree. He crammed Clippard down our throats and cost us the division. He hit Judge 2nd-4th all 2 months he struggled. I would do that differently. Joe probably still will hit Judge 2nd in the ALCS and hope he snaps out of it. He managed the pen great this series with the exception of pulling CC in game 2. But when you are winning, its hard to be so down on a coach. Lets see how he does in the ALCS. Astros lineup is alot more powerful than the Indians so the relief decisions are going to be vital.

                        Not challenging the play was a HUGE mistake he took responsibility for. McAdoo would have blamed the other coaches or players. You can tell the players like him and are willing to play hard for him. And since they pulled off the comeback, the Game 2 blunder will be put on a back burner.
                        You are right. He took responsibility and is very well liked. That is huge. The one thing i loved about him when he first started with the yankees is he let guys play through their slumps. He had a quiet confidence that they would turn things around and they did. But his strength is also his weakness. he does the same attitude with pitchers, and lets guys slide too long sometimes. Nobody is perfect. I still miss billy ball though.

                        I agree with you that judge batting in the 2 slot is a bit mind boggling. He is your prototypical clean up hitter. The thinking has always been to have your home run guy up there with men on base.... Mathematically, you could make your lineup based purely with on base % if you want to use sabermetrics. Best on base % bats first to worst on base % bats last. That gives you the most possible people on base in a season and therefore the most possible potential runs in a season. Not sure what joe's reasons are to bat him where he does. head scratcher.

                        Comment


                        • But really, how sweet is Didi's swing? Sexy. Could watch those HRs all day.

                          Comment


                          • Didi is reminding me of Cano right now but with much more hustle.
                            Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

                            Comment


                            • It's down to top 4 US cities by population

                              Comment


                              • Cherish these moments boys. No matter the outcome (cross fingers for a series win) the Yankees are way ahead of schedule.

                                Giants fan since the early 80s

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X