Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

I wish we got Ohtani though. Not sure what the context of this post was because I cant find it.

Im glad they didnt go after Darvish though, but Ohtani, hell even JD MArtinez would be better than Stanton right now, both for immediate impact and future impact.
    yeah. Getting ohtani was a pipe dream though. I think he knew he was staying on the west coast, closer to home... Have you ever seen anything like that dude making the teams fill out a questionnaire for his services? LOL. Who was interviewing who?

I'm just glad they stuck with the young prospects and didn't get nuts and trade away gleyber torres or other young guns for a guy like yu dervish. I think some of the young arms will develop this year or at least i hope so. These baby bombers are so much fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

yeah. Getting ohtani was a pipe dream though. I think he knew he was staying on the west coast, closer to home... Have you ever seen anything like that dude making the teams fill out a questionnaire for his services? LOL. Who was interviewing who?

I'm just glad they stuck with the young prospects and didn't get nuts and trade away gleyber torres or other young guns for a guy like yu dervish. I think some of the young arms will develop this year or at least i hope so. These baby bombers are so much fun!
      They were never trading those young guys. Im glad too. Yu Darvish was actual an expensive FA pickup for the Cubs. Like I said, in hindsight, I would probably have told Cashman to hold off on the Stanton deal and go after JD Martinez. Red Sox got great value on that deal. Even if we did eventually get Stanton, his value would have even dropped more due to the market. I bet Cashman could have gotten Jeter to throw in even more money to knock off Stantons ridiculous contract. Instead of $30m I bet he could have doubled that at least.
      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

They were never trading those young guys. Im glad too. Yu Darvish was actual an expensive FA pickup for the Cubs. Like I said, in hindsight, I would probably have told Cashman to hold off on the Stanton deal and go after JD Martinez. Red Sox got great value on that deal. Even if we did eventually get Stanton, his value would have even dropped more due to the market. I bet Cashman could have gotten Jeter to throw in even more money to knock off Stantons ridiculous contract. Instead of $30m I bet he could have doubled that at least.
        well...Living in FL I've been a big Stanton fan for a while, so I'm just happy they got him. but i hear ya Martinez was a great value as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

well...Living in FL I've been a big Stanton fan for a while, so I'm just happy they got him. but i hear ya Martinez was a great value as well.
          I got to watch Stanton in the minors. Sat right behind him in right field. Saw him once hit a HR over a playground in CF, probably about 470ft.

Comment

• Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
            My godness Cashman is the GOAT.
            2 injured players and Mateo for an Ace with 2 1/2 years left. 27 years old.
            I really liked Kaprielian but he can't be healthy, and Fowler has to hurt. But at least we kept Florial.
            Harper, here we go

Bump

Comment

• Going through this through this thread, you can see the moment this team turned around. Its great to watch the product they have on the field in 2018. They now have to use some more of these pieces for pitching however. Thats the final missing piece. Got to get 1 more ace to pair with Sev

Comment

Working...
              X