Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He actually was lucky today, his pitching was disgusting. Only allowed 3 runs, i think. too many hits, but luck and some good defense kept him in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      Yeah, I completely agree.

Sucks. We needed him this year.

At this point though Warren, Green, Cessa, Montgomery, are probably all better options.
      Yes, we needed him.
      I think that Bryan Mitchell will grab a spot. Montgomery is a dark horse and i like him. He's huge

Comment

• Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
        Yes, we needed him.
        I think that Bryan Mitchell will grab a spot. Montgomery is a dark horse and i like him. He's huge
        Yeah forgot Mitchell. Maybe him and Warren. I like Warren for the experience he has. Green has been good though. Montgomery would be a good thing but unexpected. 2017 we just don't have three pitching. That's why it may not be a bad idea dealing Tanaka and Pineda mid season if we can and continue to rebuild the farm with top tier blue chip prospects.
        Sad Sad Sad

Comment

• For those who asked Severino's stats today:
          allowed eight base runners in 3 /₃ innings, six hits, two walks and three runs. Against not the best Astros lineup.
          Ouch.

Comment

Yeah forgot Mitchell. Maybe him and Warren. I like Warren for the experience he has. Green has been good though. Montgomery would be a good thing but unexpected. 2017 we just don't have three pitching. That's why it may not be a bad idea dealing Tanaka and Pineda mid season if we can and continue to rebuild the farm with top tier blue chip prospects.
            Yeah Warren has experience but i don't like him as a starter. I don't like his stuff. I don't know, maybe i want a kid with upside.

Comment

For those who asked Severino's stats today:
              allowed eight base runners in 3 /₃ innings, six hits, two walks and three runs. Against not the best Astros lineup.
              Ouch.

Ok, thanks...

I'd hate to give up on the kid so soon. Especially since he was so dominant as a reliever last year. I'm hoping he can still make it as a starter because we need starters, and our bullpen is deep enough in arms.
              sigpic

Comment

• Billy McKinney making most of unexpected chance

TAMPA, Fla. -- One of the most impressive Yankees this Spring Training was not even included on the original roster for big league camp. Billy McKinney has taken advantage of an unexpected opportunity.

Invited across the street from the Minor League complex after Tyler Austin and Mason Williams sustained injuries early in the spring, the 22-year-old outfielder hit his third Grapefruit League homer on Saturday and now finds himself squarely on the organization's radar.
                "He's swung the bat great. Even his outs are hard," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "He's taken advantage of his situation where he got to come to camp because of a couple injuries. He's swung it extremely well, so I'm excited to follow him this year." Read more.

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...f-opportunity/
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah Warren has experience but i don't like him as a starter. I don't like his stuff. I don't know, maybe i want a kid with upside.
                  Pretty sure all of these kids will be making starts this year at some point.
                  Sad Sad Sad

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                    Ok, thanks...

I'd hate to give up on the kid so soon. Especially since he was so dominant as a reliever last year. I'm hoping he can still make it as a starter because we need starters, and our bullpen is deep enough in arms.
                    I agree

Comment

• Well ****...

Didi Gregorius sent home to get MRI on shoulder. Of ****ing course. I'm sure its a torn rotator cuff or something that knocks him out for the season.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydai...icle-1.3003257

Only other option I see right now is Tyler Wade. Mateo is struggling and Torres isn't ready yet.
                      Last edited by TheAnalyst; 03-20-2017, 12:50 PM.
                      Sad Sad Sad

Comment

• Didi Gregorius returning to Yankees camp after injuring shoulder at World Baseball Classic

As scary as this news sounds, it might not be so bad since Joe Girardi is stating that Didi is being diagnosed for a "hematoma of the subscapularis muscle". A hematoma is a medical term for a "bruise". We'll see if the MRI picks up anything else, but it might be just be for precautionary reasons...

Keep your fingers crossed, Yankees Universe!!!

TAMPA — Yankees shortstop Didi Gregorius, who was playing for the Netherlands in the World Baseball Classic, has a right shoulder injury and is headed back to Tampa.

Gregorius, who already had a precautionary MRI on Sunday, will undergo more testing on Tuesday.

Joe Girardi told reporters in West Palm that Gregorius was diagnosed with hematoma of the subscapularis muscle, according to MLB.com. Read more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3003257
                        sigpic

Comment

• Let's hope it's a bruise... Never a good sign though going for a 2nd MRI on your throwing shoulder. Man I was really anticipating a great year from Didi too. Off of a career year and now hitting the prime of his career age wise.

Best case scenario is it is just bruised and inflamed and he starts the year on the DL for a small stint. Worst case, he just did what Greg Bird just came back from.

Fingers crossed.
                          Sad Sad Sad

Comment

Let's hope it's a bruise... Never a good sign though going for a 2nd MRI on your throwing shoulder. Man I was really anticipating a great year from Didi too. Off of a career year and now hitting the prime of his career age wise.

Best case scenario is it is just bruised and inflamed and he starts the year on the DL for a small stint. Worst case, he just did what Greg Bird just came back from.

Fingers crossed.
                            He'll be ok. Trust me.
                            Tyler Wade will replace him for a game or two.

By the way, Chad Green is making his point for a fifth spot in the rotation.

Comment

He'll be ok. Trust me.
                              Tyler Wade will replace him for a game or two.

By the way, Chad Green is making his point for a fifth spot in the rotation.
                              Yeah,I like Green. I think its Green and Mitchell right now for the last 2 spots. Severino starts in AAA. Warren and Cessa in long relief. Montgomery as the lefty guy.
                              Sad Sad Sad

Comment

• Gleyber Torres is going to be a stud for the Yankees. He is almost hitting .470 in spring training.

Comment

Working...
                                X