Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Aaron Judge must be making it really hard on Joe right now. 2-3 RBI today to raise his BA to .345,,, Hicks should replace Gardner
    I actually would be cool with that idea. Gardner doesn't steal bases, doesn't hit for average, and has a horrible arm in the outfield. What exactly is he doing for the Yankees except for collect a paycheck? Same goes for Hellsbury. Both of those guys would be 4th outfielders at best on ANY other team. They feel beholden to playing them because of their salaries, which is ridiculous. The best players should be out there, regardless of how much money they are making.
    We all that we got!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
      Judge homered yesterday. If he's not the RF, i don't understand anything.
      He's a good defender, is batting really well and has a higher ceiling
      Hicks could replace Ellsbury or Gardner when we play lefties.


      I'm hoping Judge wins RF outright as well. I want to see what he can do on an everyday basis for an entire season. This way the Yankees can also look at the 2019 Harper free agent scenario with more clarification.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
        Really good outing by Montgomery today. Only 1 ER in 5 innings against a good Jays lineup.
        Maybe the 4th starter is Severino (Girardi likes him a lot), and 5th... Monty?
        I'm intrigued. Mitchell and Green are a step behind in my mind.



        2017 may not be our year, but it's nice to see some promising young arms in our system for year 2019. Our "lock and reload" year!
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SG88 View Post
          I actually would be cool with that idea. Gardner doesn't steal bases, doesn't hit for average, and has a horrible arm in the outfield. What exactly is he doing for the Yankees except for collect a paycheck? Same goes for Hellsbury. Both of those guys would be 4th outfielders at best on ANY other team. They feel beholden to playing them because of their salaries, which is ridiculous. The best players should be out there, regardless of how much money they are making.
          Hellsbury provides more than Gardy at this point. He will play OF based off salary for sure. For another 3-4 years unfortunately. Id love to see a Judge-Ells-Frazier OF this season. Maybe even Fowler if Frazier isnt ready.
          Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

          Comment


          • http://m.mlb.com/news/article/221441...son-in-minors/

            Dont **** around with us Joe.
            Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

            Comment


            • Brian Cashman on the Michael Kay show: 03/29/2017

              http://web.yesnetwork.com/media/vide..._id=1251683683
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Whats the point of this? The only thing I can think of is the Yankees want to trade him and are worried he will kill his value in the majors and will increase it in the minors.I'm not crazy about Judge but whats the point of running an average player like Hicks out there. Even if we run out Hicks in RF why does Judge have to be sent down? With Ellisbury and Gardner we can move Hicks around and still find 350 at bats for Judge in RF, maybe another 50 at DH

                Comment


                • Hicks is a good spring hitter, but average season hitter. Judge is playing well, he's poised to strikeout less (and he's doing it), hitting pretty well... C'mon, if Girardi sends Judge to AAA i'd be furious.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
                    Hicks is a good spring hitter, but average season hitter. Judge is playing well, he's poised to strikeout less (and he's doing it), hitting pretty well... C'mon, if Girardi sends Judge to AAA i'd be furious.
                    Is that Girardi sending him down? Or who? Cashman isnt right? Hal? Who makes that final decision?

                    Why are they just ignoring how bad Gardner is playing? After his piss poor 2nd half last year? Come on
                    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 03-30-2017, 09:15 AM.
                    Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

                    Comment


                    • WTF?

                      IS Cash calling him Globber? Globber Torres? Kay had to correct him lol. Gleyber.
                      Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                        Don't worry. I took a page out of his own playbook and brought of Bill Buckner. We could go even further back and talk about how the yanks bought Babe Ruth from them for basically a bag of balls as well.
                        Bill Buckner doesn't bother me at all. Everything was washed clean when we humiliated the Yankees in 2004 by coming back from 0-3. Then went on to sweep the WS.
                        You enjoy holding onto that because it makes you happy and that's important to me. But it means nothing to me. Honestly, I just feel badly for Bill Buckner who was a fine professional for his entire career....and doesn't deserve that crap around his neck.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          Bill Buckner doesn't bother me at all. Everything was washed clean when we humiliated the Yankees in 2004 by coming back from 0-3. Then went on to sweep the WS.
                          You enjoy holding onto that because it makes you happy and that's important to me. But it means nothing to me. Honestly, I just feel badly for Bill Buckner who was a fine professional for his entire career....and doesn't deserve that crap around his neck.
                          "I dont live in the past!" as he brings up the ALS from 13 years ago....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            "I dont live in the past!" as he brings up the ALS from 13 years ago....
                            Morehead is nothing if not ironic.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                              Is that Girardi sending him down? Or who? Cashman isnt right? Hal? Who makes that final decision?

                              Why are they just ignoring how bad Gardner is playing? After his piss poor 2nd half last year? Come on
                              Hal wants Judge, he said that before camp

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
                                Hal wants Judge, he said that before camp
                                I think that we all want judge. I would like Gardner to see the bench and have a reshuffle of the outfield. Very wishful thinking.
                                We all that we got!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X