Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you guys seen the new Yankees hype video on fb and twitter? It is awesome! Go check it out.
    “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

• Bird has chance to be Yankees' most feared hitter
      After missing last season due to injury, the first baseman has been a force this spring
      03/31/2017 1:22 PM ET
      By Jack Curry

Every time I saw Greg Bird during spring training in Tampa, he had a bat in his hands. Walking to the batting cage. Standing by his locker. Sitting in the dugout. After missing a year because of shoulder surgery, Bird seemed intent on swinging the bat or even sharing time with his weapon of choice as much as possible, a way to help deal with all of the time he lost.
      Now Bird's time is here again, time for him to ascend to being one of the most productive hitters on the Yankees. When the Yankees begin what promises to be a very interesting season against the Tampa Bay Rays on Sunday, Bird is expected to be hitting third. That's a sweet and coveted spot for a player who hit .203 with two homers in 123 at bats in the Arizona Fall League a few months ago.

But, in Arizona, Bird was still rehabilitating from the shoulder surgery, still trying to get comfortable with his swing. Bird made no excuses for the paltry statistics, but there's a dramatic difference between the player he was then and the player he was in February and March (.429 average, seven homers in 22 games) and the player the Yankees believe he will be throughout 2017.

"I don't feel anything in my shoulder anymore," said Bird, like a confident lawyer making his closing argument. "Nothing."

When spring training began, the Yankees had questions about the final two spots in their starting rotation and about who would start in right field and first base. Luis Severino will be the fourth starter while Jordan Montgomery or Chad Greene will eventually be the fifth starter. Aaron Judge snatched the job in right and should play almost every day so the Yankees can finally see what type of player he is. Bird easily claimed first, as I expected, and the Yankees dream about him being an anchor there for the next decade.

http://www.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...t_id=221704928
      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post
        Have you guys seen the new Yankees hype video on fb and twitter? It is awesome! Go check it out.
        Link?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          Bird has chance to be Yankees' most feared hitter
          After missing last season due to injury, the first baseman has been a force this spring
          03/31/2017 1:22 PM ET
          By Jack Curry

Every time I saw Greg Bird during spring training in Tampa, he had a bat in his hands. Walking to the batting cage. Standing by his locker. Sitting in the dugout. After missing a year because of shoulder surgery, Bird seemed intent on swinging the bat or even sharing time with his weapon of choice as much as possible, a way to help deal with all of the time he lost.
          Now Bird's time is here again, time for him to ascend to being one of the most productive hitters on the Yankees. When the Yankees begin what promises to be a very interesting season against the Tampa Bay Rays on Sunday, Bird is expected to be hitting third. That's a sweet and coveted spot for a player who hit .203 with two homers in 123 at bats in the Arizona Fall League a few months ago.

But, in Arizona, Bird was still rehabilitating from the shoulder surgery, still trying to get comfortable with his swing. Bird made no excuses for the paltry statistics, but there's a dramatic difference between the player he was then and the player he was in February and March (.429 average, seven homers in 22 games) and the player the Yankees believe he will be throughout 2017.

"I don't feel anything in my shoulder anymore," said Bird, like a confident lawyer making his closing argument. "Nothing."

When spring training began, the Yankees had questions about the final two spots in their starting rotation and about who would start in right field and first base. Luis Severino will be the fourth starter while Jordan Montgomery or Chad Greene will eventually be the fifth starter. Aaron Judge snatched the job in right and should play almost every day so the Yankees can finally see what type of player he is. Bird easily claimed first, as I expected, and the Yankees dream about him being an anchor there for the next decade.

http://www.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...t_id=221704928
          The Bird and Sanchez combo in the middle of that line up has a real chance to do some serious damage. Over/under on combined home runs is 60. I am taking the over.

Nasir Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
            Link?
            Just go to facebook and look at it on their official site. It takes like 30 secs

Nasir Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
              This is going to be a fun season.

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
              It is the most excited that I have been about Yankees baseball in years.

I'm excited as well but more for the future than 2017. The only way the Yankees are in the hunt for the playoffs this season is by the starting pitchers surprising us. ie: CC, Pineda, Severino, Green, Cessa, Warren and/or Montgomery. Tanaka has to stay healthy as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mlerman17 View Post
                NYY Baby Bombers 17' Season Hype Up Mix:

https://youtu.be/0PT48_QEWqA

Good thing Judge is starting and not being sent down or this vid I made would have lost its luster.

It needs one more Baby Bomber in it to complete the sequel for the "Core Four"...

Comment

• Gary and Greg don't quit.

Both 2-2 right now, Gary with a double and Greg with his 8th HR. Hope they continue this.

Comment

• Girardi sees potential in Yankees' lineup

ATLANTA -- Yankees manager Joe Girardi was optimistic talking about his lineup on Friday prior to New York's 8-5 loss to the Braves at SunTrust Park.

"Last year it was a struggle for us scoring runs," Girardi said. "Now, I know Spring Training is Spring Training, but we swung the bats a lot better than we have in the past Spring Trainings, and I think there's a lot of potential in this lineup."

Heading into Friday's spring finale, the Yankees led the Grapefruit League with 47 home runs.
                    Greg Bird and Chris Carter both padded that lead on Friday night. Carter belted a pinch-hit solo homer in the seventh after Bird hit a two-run homer to right field off Braves starter Bartolo Colon in the third for his eighth of the spring. Read more.

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...ankees-lineup/

Comment

• This just in, I will be at the Trop Sunday for the first game of the year!

LETS GO YANKEES!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                        This just in, I will be at the Trop Sunday for the first game of the year!

LETS GO YANKEES!
                        That is awesome. Enjoy the game

Nasir Jones

Comment

• Comment

• HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                              HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!!!!!!!!

Lol

Nasir Jones

Comment

• I rooted for Pedro, when he was viciously attacked by Don Zimmer.

Comment

Working...
                                X