Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
    he is a Jay now
    Yeah I caught that earlier today. He got a good offer that he couldn't refuse.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      There isn't much available this season, but next year they could get Machado for 3rd. OR they may just move Castro or Didi to 3rd and put Torres at 2nd. Or Torres at 3rd. Either way, Torres is coming soon.
      Yep wait another year just get another starter and a closer this season

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
        We need at least 2 starters. As for a closer, I'm starting to think we use Severino. Kid can dominate the 8th and 9th. Use Betances in the 7th and Clippard.

Tanaka Cessa Green CC Pineda Kaprillian

I would love to trade Pineda for something though.
        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
          The only starter I've seen the Yankees linked to this off season is Rich Hill, who is 36 years old. There's not much of a SP market at the moment. ****, Colon and ****ey just made bank.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
            The only starter I've seen the Yankees linked to this off season is Rich Hill, who is 36 years old. There's not much of a SP market at the moment. ****, Colon and ****ey just made bank.
            I'm surprised they don't **** out Colon's name here lol

Comment

I'm surprised they don't **** out Colon's name here lol
              Yeah, the profanity filter that they use on here is a trip.
              sigpic

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/ml...at-mike-trout/

As much as I would absolutely love Trout, more than any other player in the game, I believe it would just cost too much.

Id do it for a package of 4 of like Judge, Mateo, Romine, Fowler, McKinny, Williams, Enns, Clarkin or Acevedo. Im not moving Torres, Frazier, Rutherford or Kaprilian.

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/ml...at-mike-trout/

As much as I would absolutely love Trout, more than any other player in the game, I believe it would just cost too much.

Id do it for a package of 4 of like Judge, Mateo, Romine, Fowler, McKinny, Williams, Enns, Clarkin or Acevedo. Im not moving Torres, Frazier, Rutherford or Kaprilian.
                  Trout is the best young player in generations. You expect to receive him for those kids?
                  The deal is impossible because even with Sanchez, Frazier and Torres, if i'm the Angels, i would not accept.
                  He's a two time MVP. 25 years old.
                  No way.

Comment

Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
                    Trout is the best young player in generations. You expect to receive him for those kids?
                    The deal is impossible because even with Sanchez, Frazier and Torres, if i'm the Angels, i would not accept.
                    He's a two time MVP. 25 years old.
                    No way.
                    If they didnt accept Sanchez Torres and Frazier, then they deserve to be losers every year. They are wasting Trout, as good as he is, have nothing in their system coming up, and have way too high a salary right now. Trading Trout makes sense, and if they didnt do it for 3 top 20 prospects, they would be out of their minds.

They need to rebuild and trading Trout is a perfect start for them. He is all they have really.

Comment

Yankees PR Dept.Verified account
                      ‏@YankeesPR
                      INF @TorresGleyber was named AFL Week 5 Player of the Week after hitting .600 (9-for-15) w/ 3R, 1 double, 1 triple, 2RBI, 2BB and 2SB in 4G.

Comment

EVIL EMPIRES STRIKING BACK

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...ures-promising

New York Yankees

Brian Cashman has never quite had the public renown of contemporaries like Theo Epstein and Billy Beane -- despite somehow hanging onto the job of general manager of the Yankees for almost two decades, which requires some sort of insane black magic -- but he just finished up perhaps the best season of his tenure.

His Trade Deadline decision to ship off Aroldis Chapman and Andrew Miller to replenish an already-burgeoning farm system set up the Yankees, potentially, to construct a roster of young talent that rivals those Core Four years of the '90s. The trades helped launch the Yankees to the No. 2 spot on MLB Pipeline's Farm System Rankings, with a whopping seven players in the top 100. In 2017, we'll see Clint Frazier and Aaron Judge, with Gleyber Torres, Jorge Mateo, Blake Rutherford and Miguel Andujar just behind them. Oh, and that doesn't count Gary Sanchez, who almost won the American League Rookie of the Year Award despite having only 201 at-bats on the season.

The Yanks are also dropping more than $50 million off the payroll after 2017, if they decide they want to go after, say, Bryce Harper. Or, if, say, Mike Trout ever becomes available, they'd be the leading contender. The Yankees are sleek and streamlined, stocked with cheap young talent that's the envy of the game. And they still can run a $200 million-plus payroll. And somehow they still never had to suffer through a losing season. Look out.

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/ml...-jason-hammel/

MLB Hot Stove Rumors: Yankees reportedly reach out to free agent Jason Hammel
                          The right-hander, formerly of the Cubs, is on the market this offseason

The Yankees headed into 2017 have a lot of uncertainty in the rotation. Masahiro Tanaka is an ace when healthy, but after that the Yankees right now are poised to make do with Michael Pineda, CC Sabathia, and a pair of starters to be determined.
                          Things will surely get better as some of the younger arms develop, but in the near-term the Yankees have a clear need. On that front, George A. King III of the New York Post reports that Yankees GM Brian Cashman is among the execs who have reached out to the agents for right-hander Jason Hammel.

Comment

If they didnt accept Sanchez Torres and Frazier, then they deserve to be losers every year. They are wasting Trout, as good as he is, have nothing in their system coming up, and have way too high a salary right now. Trading Trout makes sense, and if they didnt do it for 3 top 20 prospects, they would be out of their minds.

They need to rebuild and trading Trout is a perfect start for them. He is all they have really.
                            Would you trade the best player in baseball, at his prime?
                            Think that you're the GM of the Angels.
                            I agree that they are wasting him.

Comment

Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
                              Would you trade the best player in baseball, at his prime?
                              Think that you're the GM of the Angels.
                              I agree that they are wasting him.
                              If I had their farm system, and their payroll to deal with, and was in their current state of the franchise? absolutely. Id make sure to get a hell of a return though and I think those 3 qualify, plus maybe a player or 2 not top 50. Its what smart GMs do. Strike while they are hot. If you have one great piece that could set up your next wave of great players and build off it, it makes perfect sense. I wish we traded Cano a few years back actually. He would have brought us so much in return.

Not saying its easy to do, but for example if in 3 years the Yankees are belly up and going nowhere and all their prospects were burnt out in trades that didnt work and they had a $200m payroll, I would consider trading Sanchez if he was a top player in the league for some solid returns, absolutely.
                              Last edited by TheAnalyst; 11-17-2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

If I had their farm system, and their payroll to deal with, and was in their current state of the franchise? absolutely. Id make sure to get a hell of a return though and I think those 3 qualify, plus maybe a player or 2 not top 50. Its what smart GMs do. Strike while they are hot. If you have one great piece that could set up your next wave of great players and build off it, it makes perfect sense. I wish we traded Cano a few years back actually. He would have brought us so much in return.

Not saying its easy to do, but for example if in 3 years the Yankees are belly up and going nowhere and all their prospects were burnt out in trades that didnt work and they had a $200m payroll, I would consider trading Sanchez if he was a top player in the league for some solid returns, absolutely.
                                What you are saying is true, it's a smart decision. But it's a difficult one, and that's the point.
                                Would you trade all those prospects for Trout, btw?

Comment

Working...
                                X