Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
    YUP - I believe that was the pitcher who beat them a couple of times a few seasons ago, and then they had to face him in that (stupid) one game playoff.

    I remember when the Astros were dumped into the AL West, from the NL. There was talk about how they would stay at the bottom of that division for a long time. Yet they have excelled since that move. Very unusual.
    Like the Cubs, sucking for a decade is paying off with great draft picks and trades.

    Comment


    • I'll tell you this, if we are sellers at the deadline, I hope Pineda goes to the NL. He would be a dominating NL pitcher. Like Cy Young type. And I hope we get a boat load of top prospects

      Comment


      • We are so dumb. I get that Kuechel is that good, but we are swinging at first pitches.
        He's going to shut us in 70 pitches. At least make him work and try luck with the bullpen

        Comment


        • Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
          We are so dumb. I get that Kuechel is that good, but we are swinging at first pitches.
          He's going to shut us in 70 pitches. At least make him work and try luck with the bullpen
          I was thinking the same thing. I really think our hitting coach is telling them to do so. They seem to do it all year.

          3-0 now. Feels insurmountable. Like that one game playoff.

          I'd be happy to split this series. Real happy.

          Comment


          • Carter is absolutely garbage! This guy's picture is right next to the word "useless" in the dictionary. He is on pace to strike out 200 times in part time duty. Please designate this bum for assignment.
            If you respect others, they will respect you.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              I was thinking the same thing. I really think our hitting coach is telling them to do so. They seem to do it all year.

              3-0 now. Feels insurmountable. Like that one game playoff.

              I'd be happy to split this series. Real happy.
              He just mainly has the Yankees' number. It is what it is.
              If you respect others, they will respect you.

              Comment


              • This team is so bad with the bases loaded. It seems every game they load them and the only way they score is a walk, error or catchers interference. So annoying. I'd like to see the stats with the bases loaded for them. It has to be like 0-30 already this year. I dont remember 1 hit.

                I bet Pineda gives up a run here now.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  This team is so bad with the bases loaded. It seems every game they load them and the only way they score is a walk, error or catchers interference. So annoying. I'd like to see the stats with the bases loaded for them. It has to be like 0-30 already this year. I dont remember 1 hit.

                  I bet Pineda gives up a run here now.
                  Pineda has been OK in this game. I'm with you on the bases loaded situation. Carter reminds of Pedro Serrano. He can't hit any off speed pitches.
                  If you respect others, they will respect you.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                    He just mainly has the Yankees' number. It is what it is.
                    I can live with that. Actually, in the past, when the Yankees battled with nemesis pitchers, it was the most exciting of times. But a one game playoff, and you get this match up... it's just not baseball. You want to see how the best of the whole staff matches up, and how it plays out.

                    Comment


                    • It's like they don't know that Kuechel's go to pitch is the low change up. It isn't helping matters that this umpire is hooking him up with the extremely low strike
                      If you respect others, they will respect you.

                      Comment


                      • Here we go again. 1st and 3rd no outs...

                        Judge - K
                        Headley - K
                        Didi....

                        This team has no clutch without the HR. Terrible. We won't be good for long.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                          I can live with that. Actually, in the past, when the Yankees battled with nemesis pitchers, it was the most exciting of times. But a one game playoff, and you get this match up... it's just not baseball. You want to see how the best of the whole staff matches up, and how it plays out.
                          That is why I am not a fan of the one game playoff. I wish that it was best of 3 in the wild card round, with the home team hosting the whole series.
                          If you respect others, they will respect you.

                          Comment


                          • Such an embarrassing team with RISP. Like I said. They aren't going anywhere. They will be behind the O's and Red Sox in 2 weeks.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                              That is why I am not a fan of the one game playoff. I wish that it was best of 3 in the wild card round, with the home team hosting the whole series.
                              Who would be the home team, if they finished with the same record? And you can't go by divisional or common opponents record against, if they're not in the same division.
                              Either way, it's ludicrous to have a one game playoff, after playing a 160+ games regular season.

                              Comment


                              • So to recap last 3 innings:

                                Bases loaded 1 out. 0-2 with run scoring on error.
                                1st and 3rd no outs. 0-3 with 3 Ks
                                runner on 2nd no outs, 0-3 2 Ks

                                0-8 with 6 Ks with RISP the last 3 innings.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X